aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

This is just weird and creepy. Not amusing like a Scandavian Nympho offering sex for wifi.

I think the dude was Indian, I'm not sure if he was being a creep and expecting to get his dirty paws all over her, or if it was just a cultural thing, I've got a mate who works in India and he says with the overpopulation and poor wages it's perfectly normal for to have 3 or 4 people sleeping in one room / bed. All the engineers curl up together and have a nap in the office at lunchtime. It all sounds very cute.

I think the dude was Indian, I'm not sure if he was being a creep and expecting to get his dirty paws all over her, or if it was just a cultural thing, I've got a mate who works in India and he says with the overpopulation and poor wages it's perfectly normal for to have 3 or 4 people sleeping in one room / bed. All the engineers curl up together and have a nap in the office at lunchtime. It all sounds very cute.

Like puppies with moustaches and pushy parents.

xx

In An Idiot Abroad you see people who are all planning on sleeping in the tiniest space at the back of a "restaurant". Awful stuff.

I should add another thing that has annoyed me about my current flat hunt.

A mate of mine was also just looking for a place. First place he looked at was a good flat in a good location, sharing with 2 hot French ballet dancers. He moved in the following day. Dick.

Best flat I saw was to be shared with a gay Buddhist who looked like Andre Agassi. And it was really expensive.

We once viewed a 3 bedroom flat which was one room with a bunk bed, a sofa bed and cooker and fridge in it. They wanted 800 p/m for it and two months rent as deposit.

*EDIT* In regards to the bed sharing, I used to stay in a flat on Holland street which had a room with a single bed and a room with a double bed. Prior to me and my flatmae living there 4 Nigerian men lived there.

I've lived in some 'rough' areas and had no trouble at all. where abouts is this flat if you don't mind me asking?

I live in Barcelona, the area I'm talking about is called El Raval. It's right in the centre of the old town but is well known as a dodgy area. There's a street which has hookers out looking for business 24 hours a day. It's one of the most likely areas for tourists getting pick pocketed. If you do get robbed there are plenty of shops where you'll likely find your phone for sale the next day.

It has quite a few cool bars in the area though and a couple of the better clubs are near by. There's also an absinthe bar which was supposedly frequented by Hemmingway and Gaudi back in the day. Unsurprisingly the hookers are around there. Tourists wasted on absinthe are quite a good target market for them.

Aye - flat or roomshare is Russian Roulette!

I moved up here in '92 and quite a few changes of address for various reasons in the first year.

In fact, I was recounting the story of the room I briefly rented in the basement flat of a house just off Bon Accord Street back in '92.

The whole experience was a catalogue of disasters, but the final straw happened on the first weekend that I didn't go home . I was still playing in the Ayrshire Juniors and had promised the manager that I'd see the last few weeks of the season out, so I was going back to Killie on Fridays and travelling back on Sundays.

Anyhoo, Saturday teatime and I'm watching telly when the landlady's two kids (boy 4, and girl, 2) appear at the door...

Kids : "We're hungry"

Me : "Where's your mummy"

Kids : "She's sleeping, can you make us something...and we've both had little accidents"

So I take them into the main part of the house and find her "sleeping" on the hall floor - she's absolutely plastered and I can't wake her at all. The place stinks of both shite (kids) and booze (her).

I try looking through her phone book to see if I can find a number for a granny or an aunt or anybody, but she and her husband (who's offshore) had just moved down from Orkney, so there's no-one I can contact.

So I bath and feed the kids, watch a bit of telly with them, then put them to bed and try waking Sleeping Ugly (she wisnae bonny) again.

I then had a real panic - "how is all this going to look - I'm pretty much a complete stranger here" - so I phone Childline, who were great. The Police were called as well and I got the third degree initially, then commended for my actions.

Needless to say, I was in new digs by Monday, though the husband sent me a letter via my work, apologising for the drama and thanking me for taking care of the kids.

Russian Fucking Roulette.

• Upvote 3

The same unfunny cunt...again.

*context: updated list for workers in our team; sent around team via Skype*

1) Do this thing - Done.

2) Do that thing. - coworker1, coworker2, coworker3

3) Do somehting else - coworker4.

4) Compile things needed to be done

5) Another thing

6a) Clean toilets - Teabags.

6b) Do actual work assignment - Teabags.

HAHAHAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK THAT'S HILARIOUS. YEAH, I HAVE TO CLEAN THE TOILETS BEFORE DOING WORK. YES THAT'S HILARIOUS.

What a fucking cunt.