aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

y current pet hate is sexism! I've been looking to move into a new flat the last week or so and the amount of ads around for rooms where they only want girls is incredible. They always appear to be the best ones too. It seems like if you're a girl you can live in a wonderful palace for the same price it will cost me to stay in a shoebox.

Mrs.-Doubtfire.jpg

xx

you can live in a wonderful place but live with a creepy man! I once almost moved into a flat which was advertised as male flatmate wanted. I turned up to view the flat and discovered my flatmate would be a sex crazed norwegian woman. Who offered me free wi-fi if I shagged her at least once a week. My girlfriend at the time (who was present at the viewing) was fuming!

• Upvote 1

someone mentioned autoglass adverts, i cant find the post but I have to second that!

I have two chips on my windscreen, they've been there for 2 years and I've driven over countless potholes, speedbumps, squirrels and offroad, had my heater on max while it is freezing outside and still my windscreen is in one piece. When it does break I'm going to call Scotglass, just because they don't have an annoying advert!

bloody jingle!

/radge

you can live in a wonderful place but live with a creepy man! I once almost moved into a flat which was advertised as male flatmate wanted. I turned up to view the flat and discovered my flatmate would be a sex crazed norwegian woman. Who offered me free wi-fi if I shagged her at least once a week. My girlfriend at the time (who was present at the viewing) was fuming!

1. Was she hot?

2. Did you ask if your girlfriend could join in?

3. LAD!

xx

Mtv 2 was good when it had text and drugs and rock and roll. With cow. Cow was ace. I text in to that a couple of times. I can imagine whoever pretended to be cow was the most sexy person ever in history. And Gonzo with Zane Lowe was good. They've went and ruined that too. Scuzz used to be the channel I would stay away from when i was younger due to all the heavy music, screaming and beards, now it's shite too.

I'm about to start flathunting and the one that really fucks me off is "No Smokers". Saying "no smoking allowed in the flat" is fine, but saying smokers can't even apply? That's fucked up. I'm a smoker but I never smoke in any of my flats, even ones where smoking is allowed, I go outside when I want a fag, but by their rules I can't even apply, I've just had to lie about it to get my last few places and say I'm a non-smoker.

I'm about to start flathunting and the one that really fucks me off is "No Smokers". Saying "no smoking allowed in the flat" is fine, but saying smokers can't even apply? That's fucked up. I'm a smoker but I never smoke in any of my flats, even ones where smoking is allowed, I go outside when I want a fag, but by their rules I can't even apply, I've just had to lie about it to get my last few places and say I'm a non-smoker.

Say your a woman too, you'll get more offers from what I hear...?

xx

EDIT: On a less sarcastic note, I can kinda see why - as a non-smoker myself I'd be mighty fucked off if I rented a room to a smoker who claimed to never smoke in the flat to find out that was bullshit, or that they did when they were pissed... etc.

Mtv 2 was good when it had text and drugs and rock and roll. With cow. Cow was ace. I text in to that a couple of times. I can imagine whoever pretended to be cow was the most sexy person ever in history. And Gonzo with Zane Lowe was good. They've went and ruined that too. Scuzz used to be the channel I would stay away from when i was younger due to all the heavy music, screaming and beards, now it's shite too.

"Zane Lowe" and "good" can only operate in the same sentence if you saying words to the effect of "Zane Lowe is not good". What a terribly annoying pretentious arse.

Are they actually allowed to discriminate on sex when renting out their flats?

I can imagine the furore if they tried to discriminate on race.

An old landlord had two folk ready with deposit and rent but held out for us because we weren't polish. I feel bad that folk were cheated out of a flat because of prejudice. But at the same time we had been searching for a while and though fuck it.

That's incredible. I can't believe she made that offer in front of your girlfriend too. Brilliant.

Gumtree is full of weirdos. My old flatmate went to view a place on George Street, it was a guy advertising for a flatmate. When she was looking around she couldn't help but notice there was only one bedroom. "Where am I supposed to sleep?" she asked. "In my bed with me of course" was the reply.

I've had two flatmates off Gumtree. One (the lassie mentioned above) was perfectly lovely and a great flatmate, though if I'm being honest she was the first person I met when I advertised, and I blatantly chose her straight away because she was hot as fuck*. The other one turned out to be a hooker.

*Yes, I am aware this probably makes me the weirdo off Gumtree in this instance. #irony

Gumtree is full of weirdos. My old flatmate went to view a place on George Street, it was a guy advertising for a flatmate. When she was looking around she couldn't help but notice there was only one bedroom. "Where am I supposed to sleep?" she asked. "In my bed with me of course" was the reply.

Did she get the flat? If not, is it still available?

This is just weird and creepy. Not amusing like a Scandavian Nympho offering sex for wifi.

Pet Hates:

1. Never having had a hooker for a flatmate

2. Public bathrooms with only one shitter cubicle.

I went to take a nice relaxing dump after a meal out with the wife last night, just as I dropped trou I heard the door swing open and the cubicle door being rattled by someone who didn't quite fall for the old "lock reading occupied" trick and had to test the water. I then spent the next 5 minutes frantically forcing a shit out nearly giving myself piles while this dickhead paced back and forth in front of the door!

xx

• Upvote 2