aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Music videos that stop the song to add sections of shit acting and awful dialogue.

30 seconds to mars springs to mind - that stupid fucking scene where the song stops for a sword fight. A fucking SWORD FIGHT! Some pretentious dickhole thought the song needed to stop so that the sounds of swords clattering together could stand out more.

Fuck music videos.

Also - the spate of local bands who seem to be spending a fortune having production groups make videos for them... If you're gonna do that shit, at least do it yourfuckingself and give it some character! Cart->Horse. Let's make a professional video then Kerrang and Scuzz will show it and we'll be famous!

xx

• Upvote 1

I remember MTV2 when it was called M2, and it had no adverts, and all they ever showed was Viewers Choose or Artists Choose. The former being where you could go online and pick 15 music videos to be played within an hour. It had some pretty eclectic and practically unheard of stuff to choose from. Mine did get picked after dozens of attempts, but it was at like 4am, so I didn't see it. It was good when bands would choose their favourite songs too, and talk about them. Marilyn Manson picking a Black Flag video pretty much changed everything I listened to. Crucial. Then they got the dreadful Zane Lowe on board and started playing fashionable indie that was played on all the other music channels anyway. It's been shit for years now.

I had Kerrang on in the background over at a friends' flat the other day - the playlist was more or less exactly the same as it was 10 years ago when I used to watch it religiously!

Alkaline Trio - Stupid Kid

Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal

O.P.M. - Heaven is a Halfpipe

Linkin Park - One Step Closer

There were almost NO songs that I didn't recorgnise from watching it back then!

xx

Kerrang was always awful. They used to do a karaoke competition thing where idiots would sing tainted love or another hit of the week down their telephone.

My current pet hate is sexism! I've been looking to move into a new flat the last week or so and the amount of ads around for rooms where they only want girls is incredible. They always appear to be the best ones too. It seems like if you're a girl you can live in a wonderful palace for the same price it will cost me to stay in a shoebox.