aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I don't drive and don't live/work in easy proximity to a supermarket. Sure, I could get two buses, but why offer the service at all if you can't deliver it? Once fair enough, but three times?

I lived in Rose Street and the closest supermarket to me was Sainsburys at Berryden which I walked to and from weekly carrying a full weeks shopping for myself and my very lazy girlfriend at the time. I have absolutely no faith in anyone else doing my weekly shop and getting it right.

It also made me judge the location of amenities a whole lot better when looking for accommodation in the future.

I lived in Rose Street and the closest supermarket to me was Sainsburys at Berryden which I walked to and from weekly carrying a full weeks shopping for myself and my very lazy girlfriend at the time. I have absolutely no faith in anyone else doing my weekly shop and getting it right.

It also made me judge the location of amenities a whole lot better when looking for accommodation in the future.

WELL DONE M8

KT's post was not about her choice to shop in an actual shop vs a virtual shop it was that a service that is offered to her (and many others) via ASDA has been so terrible that an expected delivery of a weekly shop has been cancelled three times. A service that incurs a charge, no less - which is important. She shouldn't have to justify her choice to shop online, it's the pet hates thread FFS.

It's like paying for John Lewis to assemble a new piece of furniture when they deliver it to your (my) house. It's not because I physically can't put the bed together myself, it's because I physically can't be arsed to put it together myself.

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes
  • Upvote 6

Berryden? Luxury!!! I used to walk 15 miles each way wi bare feet in the pouring rain to buy me shopping................and all I could afford were a slice of mouldy bread.

• Upvote 6

BELLYBUTTON?! THAT'S NOTHING MATE, turns out when I lived in Rose Street me and Alkaline were on the same shopping schedule so any time I went to Sainsbury's for my (expensive) shop I had to walk beside Alkaline carrying a full weeks shopping for himself and his very lazy girlfriend at the time.

It also made him judge the location of the eggs in one of my shopping bags and my choice of washing powder. :(

• Upvote 1

WELL DONE M8

KT's post was not about her choice to shop in an actual shop vs a virtual shop it was that a service that is offered to her (and many others) via ASDA has been so terrible that an expected delivery of a weekly shop has been cancelled three times. A service that incurs a charge, no less - which is important. She shouldn't have to justify her choice to shop online, it's the pet hates thread FFS.

It's like paying for John Lewis to assemble a new piece of furniture when they deliver it to your (my) house. It's not because I physically can't put the bed together myself, it's because I physically can't be arsed to put it together myself.

True story, I would've sacked it in after the first time they fucked it up though. There's always options though, which was my point.

BELLYBUTTON?! THAT'S NOTHING MATE, turns out when I lived in Rose Street me and Alkaline were on the same shopping schedule so any time I went to Sainsbury's for my (expensive) shop I had to walk beside Alkaline carrying a full weeks shopping for himself and his very lazy girlfriend at the time.

It also made him judge the location of the eggs in one of my shopping bags and my choice of washing powder. :(

Let's be honest here, you were the very lazy girlfriend.

• Upvote 4

Why did you not just walk the 5 minutes to Somerfield/Morrisons next to the Music Hall?