aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Exactly correct.

I once watched a TV programme years and years ago - absolutely no idea what the programme was - that spoke about political correctness, and whoever it was presenting the programme was saying that it was politically incorrect to use terms such as:

"blackboard" - it should be a "chalkboard"

"black coffee" - it should be "coffee without milk"

and fuck knows what else - all other manner of shite.

Like you say, I have never ever heard of anyone being offended by the use of the word "blackboard". It's a board and it's fucking black - therefore it is a blackboard.

I realise this shit never really took hold because it's probably more than 10 years since I saw that programme and as far as I'm aware you're allowed to call a blackboard a blackboard.

Someone, somewhere decided that any use of the word "black" was offensive - I hasten to add that it was definitely not a black guy/girl who came up with this theory, and in that programme, they actually interviewed some people of different races - one of the other comments was that the use of the word "coloured" was offensive. One girl interviewed had one black parent and one white parent and she basically said "I'm not black and I'm not white, so I'm coloured".

Basically - white middle class dicks should just leave this shit alone. If people of other races / religions do get offended by something someone says, I'm sure they will voice their opinion. I'm sure it is more offensive to people of different races / religions to make up their opinions for them!

Classist.

Basically - white middle class dicks should just leave this shit alone. If people of other races / religions do get offended by something someone says, I'm sure they will voice their opinion. I'm sure it is more offensive to people of different races / religions to make up their opinions for them!

Bang on, it's patronising beyond belief to presume to speak up for someone else.

Can't say I've ever heard of anyone being offended by Christmas either. They do get offended when EDL fucktards act on these kinda stories and start putting human shit through their letterboxes though...

I realise this shit never really took hold because it's probably more than 10 years since I saw that programme and as far as I'm aware you're allowed to call a blackboard a blackboard.

Someone, somewhere decided that any use of the word "black" was offensive

Then, as per your first point, everyone must have ignored that someone, somewhere and continued using the word "black" as an adjective. I've not come across any actual people who have ever taken offence at such a term, the only exposure that we get to this myth and the other Christmas type myths that are propogated at this time of year is through the media who recycle the same ridiculous stories that were no more true 10 years ago than they are now. It's a little bit of right-wing scaremongering, nothing new or interesting there.

This has been getting at my horn for weeks now. As if we're facing the end of the world, the snow isn't even news worthy let alone to the extent that they are covering it, i sit with BBC news on when i'm in my room, just because it keeps me up to date but i haven't been the past we while because it's covering nothing but the weather! Get a jacket on, some big boots, and fucking brave it out you cunts. If you don't want to do that, then cower it out somewhere where we don't need to listen to you! When people stop the majority of the population stop being able to leave their house, then it becomes newsworthy, a wee bit of snow and some shit flying conditions is not all day news worthy.

[/cunt]

Loads of people being stranded, thousands, unable to get home and being stuck in airport terminals over Christmas.is rather news worthy, I would say. I don't mind that aspect of it, to be honest. It affects loads of people, loads of people want to keep updated on it and if it wasn't news-worthy, it wouldn't be on the news.

It's not in the BBCs interest to broadcast news that no one is interested in, ergo, the stuff that is broadcast should be appealing to a lot of people.

Loads of people being stranded, thousands, unable to get home and being stuck in airport terminals over Christmas.is rather news worthy, I would say. I don't mind that aspect of it, to be honest. It affects loads of people, loads of people want to keep updated on it and if it wasn't news-worthy, it wouldn't be on the news.

It's not in the BBCs interest to broadcast news that no one is interested in, ergo, the stuff that is broadcast should be appealing to a lot of people.

I agree to a certain extent but 17 minutes of the main 1 o clock news bulletin on BBC1 was way over the top. I was really interested in the story about 12 terror suspects getting arrested and the death of Brian Hanrahan. They just kept repeating themselves over and over again.

When I switched on BBC News 24 this morning, a 'breaking news' caption was spread across the screen regarding the snow/ice/frost. How in gods name is it breaking news? It's been here for weeks now! Beyond irritating! Then the lazy fuckers keep asking us to send our pictures in cos they're too fucking lazy to go out and take some themselves. No too busy sitting in their warm studios harping on about the bloody weather (apart from those poor sods who got the short straw and are out on location of course!)

This is a pet hate from back when I was about 14. But I guess it goes for drivers too. Playing golf, and you're playing shite. Never out the rough and just can't seem to sink that putt. there's an old bastard who's playing for half price right up your arse the whole way. Finally, after he's tutting and chatting with his mates while you're teeing off you say "Wanna play through?"

He does. He suddenly slows down and you're up his arse, and he gets annoyed that you're up his arse. Whet!?

Guest idol_wild
This is a pet hate from back when I was about 14. But I guess it goes for drivers too. Playing golf, and you're playing shite. Never out the rough and just can't seem to sink that putt. there's an old bastard who's playing for half price right up your arse the whole way. Finally, after he's tutting and chatting with his mates while you're teeing off you say "Wanna play through?"

He does. He suddenly slows down and you're up his arse, and he gets annoyed that you're up his arse. Whet!?

By "golf", you mean "on a gay cruise"?

Once again, pet hate, shit English.

"It doesn't work. It doesn't load probably when you ignore it."

That was written in a conversation. What the actual fuck is that? How can someone mix up probably with properly? I can almost understand it if you stumbled while saying it out loud when you're drunk, but writing it down?

I watched the Liz Hurley run on a couple of times to make me feel better. It's fucking great. I love jiggling boobs.

My copy of Football Manager not working properly after the new patch automatically loaded. Very frustrating, not alone looking at the sports interactive problem loads of people experiencing it but no solution has been forthcoming and its been over a week now.