aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I like saying stuff is 'gay', because the real world is become more and more like Xbox Live every day, and you just have to embrace it. It's easier that way. You fag.

You have to understand, this is the price the gay underworld must pay for making our women want to be size -4. You gaydor.

The fact that since installing windows 7 I can't get any sound from my laptop speakers. I've been using it for a week and only just noticed...

Normally this wouldn't be a problem but I can't find the drivers disks that came with the laptop and every set of drivers I've downloaded has done fuck all to fix it.

Offensive words change meaning all the time, so 'spastic' and 'retard' really don't bother me. Except for the fact that retard is quite American and has been appropriated by British kids, the types who say 'sweet, dude' and 'that sucks balls'.

Absolutely correct on both points. One of the main reasons "spastic" is so funny is because it's not used anymore. I remember going into a chipper in Elgin a few years ago and they had a charity collection box on the counter from circa 1979 that had "Have fun helping spastics!" on it. I just about ended myself.

And continuing your retard theme, one of my pet hates is folk using the word "ass" to describe a bottom. Unless you're American it's "arse". The only exception to this is old people who are allowed to say "silly ass" in a donkey stylee.

And continuing your retard theme, one of my pet hates is folk using the word "ass" to describe a bottom. Unless you're American it's "arse". The only exception to this is old people who are allowed to say "silly ass" in a donkey stylee.

And we don't give people the fingers anymore, we flip 'em the bird that flies alone. I'm fairly sure this confusion will leave us as American cultural dominance recedes and we'll have a renaissance in Scottish and British foul mouthery briefly before it all goes Firefly and our grandkids are swearing in Mandarin.

I

The fact that since installing windows 7 I can't get any sound from my laptop speakers. I've been using it for a week and only just noticed...

Normally this wouldn't be a problem but I can't find the drivers disks that came with the laptop and every set of drivers I've downloaded has done fuck all to fix it.

I recently got Windows 7 64 bit and it's a pain in the arse getting any drivers to work. Probably more because it's 64 bit though.

I

I recently got Windows 7 64 bit and it's a pain in the arse getting any drivers to work. Probably more because it's 64 bit though.

I'm surprised to hear that as I've been using Vista X64 for over a year now without issue. Surely the drivers must be similar?

At least I no longer have to put up with dweeby fan boys mocking me for running Vista. The very idea that Microsoft can roll out a product without fucking it up is completely ridiculous.

I

Yeah it's the 64 bit version I've got. No other problems so far and it generally installed like a dream.

Except the sound doesn't work and I can't disable tap to click on the trackpad.

It wouldn't be such a problem if I could find the drivers CDs that came with the laptop but I've got no idea where they are since I moved house. The laptop manufacturer no longer exists which makes things a little more awkward...

Yeah it's the 64 bit version I've got. No other problems so far and it generally installed like a dream.

Except the sound doesn't work and I can't disable tap to click on the trackpad.

It wouldn't be such a problem if I could find the drivers CDs that came with the laptop but I've got no idea where they are since I moved house. The laptop manufacturer no longer exists which makes things a little more awkward...

Have you tried PC Wizard?

CPUID

Nae wanting to teach you to suck eggs, but it can identify hardware and help track down tricky drivers.

:up:

Have you tried PC Wizard?

CPUID

Nae wanting to teach you to suck eggs, but it can identify hardware and help track down tricky drivers.

Yeah I've tried it. Identified the motherboard and audio chipset so I've been able to get realtek drivers installed but they haven't made any difference, the only audio device listed is Microsoft's HD audio device.

One of the main reasons "spastic" is so funny is because it's not used anymore. I remember going into a chipper in Elgin a few years ago and they had a charity collection box on the counter from circa 1979 that had "Have fun helping spastics!" on it. I just about ended myself.

:laughing:

One of the joys of old football programmes are the old adverts such as "National Spastics Society", but the dodgiest one ever is a Norwich City testimonial from 1932 or so. All I'll say is it involves shaving foam/toothpaste confusion...

Also, nobody uses the word "mongol" anymore. I miss that one too. As in "you fucking mongol".

Guest Gladstone
Inappropriate use of the words 'myself' and 'yourself' by people who think it sounds cleverer/more professional than 'me' and 'you'. It's not smart, it's wrong, so stop it immediately if not sooner.

This is one of my biggest pet hates. So many people do it. I've no idea where it comes from, and it doesn't make sense. Anyone who uses a sentence like "Thank you for the e-mail that you sent to myself..." is a fucking dick.

The word is "me". It sounds even worse when it's plural. "I refer to the e-mail I sent to yourselves..."

Fuck right off.

Adverts in general advertising Phones for Cash, Gold for Cash, insurance, insurance comparison, or comparing one cleaning product to another.

If I get a new phone, the old one is going on Gumtree or in a drawer/bin. If I've bought Gold, I'm obviously not going to want to sell it for about an 1/8th of it's value, ever, because I'm not fucking stupid. God knows that I'm aware insurance companies and companies comparing insurance companies are alive and well, and if I make a bit of a mess, I'll choose the cleaning product that is the best value. Not because it wipes up indistinguishable blue liquid better than generic cleaner in a white labelless bottle on the telly advert.

I'm glad ringtone and stupid mobile phone games/apps adverts have died down a bit. I imagine Mr and Mrs Jamster have retired and are very comfortable right now, and I hope it remains that way to prevent any possible mobile phone fad from exploding onto the back of every bus, or wherever mindless hooligans dick about with their phones these days.

Guest Gladstone

moneyforgolddotcom - how many of these bastard adverts have appeared on TV recently?? Jesus fuck. Dale bloody Winton. Would you trust that man (I use the term loosely) with your gold or with anything?

gocomparedotcom adverts really piss me off. If I want to compare anything on the internet, I will not use that website because I wouldn't trust anything endorsed by that fat guy with the stupid twirly moustache.

I've watched more TV in the past 2/3 weeks than in about the past 6 months put together, and there were so many things pissing me off about different adverts and programs I was being a right moaning, grumpy bastard about them. Thankfully I've forgotten most of them.

Cheryl Cole is one of my pet hates at the minute. Looking at her even annoys me. She's so fucking chav-tastic and annoying is not the word for when she talks. It's not necessarily her accent, but her fake sincerity in everything she says. Did anyone hear the phone interview she did on Radio 1 when Chris Moyles was in Uganda (I think it was Uganda...?) - that was the realy Cheryl Cole - half asleep, uninterested, un-talkative, grumpy cow. I bet she's ugly first thing in the morning too. That's the only thing that would explain her marrying Ashley fucking Cole.

I bet Ashley's money had a bit to do with it too. He's got a stable income, as he'll probably always be doing something with football. If he's not playing or coaching, he'll be sat next to Jamie Redknapp in a studio, with a frightenly tight suit, allowing the viewer at home to see every crotch bulge imagineable, as they both analyse instant replays and draw all over the telly with electronic crayons, like spoiled children. Fuck Redknapp, and his whole family.

I bet Ashley's money had a bit to do with it too. He's got a stable income, as he'll probably always be doing something with football. If he's not playing or coaching, he'll be sat next to Jamie Redknapp in a studio, with a frightenly tight suit, allowing the viewer at home to see every crotch bulge imagineable, as they both analyse instant replays and draw all over the telly with electronic crayons, like spoiled children. Fuck Redknapp, and his whole family.

That's just reminded me of that new Thomas Cook advert with the Redknapps. Are they trying to be a really shitty version of the Beckhams?