aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

But there's a load of idiots in various sport teams who all have identikit looks and loudly, constantly boast about how manly they are; nearly everyone is incredibly rude, mainly the posh kids from Edinburgh who wear Jack Wills clothes and navy body warmers with their shit 'i just got out of bed, look, LOOK' hair, as well as the idiots who crawl out of somewhere unknown when student elections are on and will make you want to commit all sorts of horrible murders and with the awful puns they have on their names (why does every fucker involved in student politics have to have the last name Cox?!!) as well as the pretentious slime that seem to populate everywhere on campus ever, no matter where you go. Never mind the amazingly witty and hilarious graffiti that seems to be in every lecture hall such as 'JOHN LIKES BUMS'.

What's not to love?

...or maybe it'll be different this year. :up:

Haha, nicely put.

Feel your pain on that one dude. I pulled my left shoulder a few years ago and was off work for a few days cos I couldn't lift my arm or turn my head. Agony. Then I pulled the right one shortly after. I was off work a few months ago with a muscle spasm in my neck. A whole day off work and bedridden due to an injury caused by yawning and stretching while having a morning piss. That was the worst pain I've ever been in in my life. I was literally stuck, flat on my back, I couldn't move my head, lift my head off the pillow, or support it without having to use my hands to hold it in place!

Jesus! I am not that bad, I pulled the muscle on Friday, but it was really bad on Saturday - I could barely get out of bed. Its a lot better than it was, but I had to cancel band practice tonight, worrying that the weight of a bass guitar would make it a hell of a lot worse. Proper fucking sore though.

Yeah just submitted my repair request. Awaiting a shipping label.

I was just telling someone the other day how my xbox has been going strong for 2 years...

It's a bonus that it is still under warranty I suppose. It's a bugger that you now hand over your console to Microsoft and will only get it back when they can be arsed. They lost a guy I work with's machine, he had to fight for a month. Hope they are better with you.

It's sod's law when you say something like that.

Yeah just submitted my repair request. Awaiting a shipping label.

I was just telling someone the other day how my xbox has been going strong for 2 years...

I sent mine away earlier in the summer and got a new machine back within 10 working days. Was pretty impressed. I think the duration taken fix/send you a new console must depend on the amount that have been sent to them at the same time. Most of my mate's ones died last summer and took ages to come back, but mine was pretty sharpish. Just make sure you surround it in bubblewrap, I've heard of them saying the warranty is void due to damage sustained by insufficient packing etc.

On the subject of pet hates, when people see fit to put the remote's for things beside the thing they operate at the end of a day. So when you sit down the next morning, you have to get up and go over to the thing you want to work to get the remote. Keep it on the table beside the chair/sofa! Stop defeating the purpose of a remote!

• Upvote 1

I broke the remote control for my DVD player, and instead of springing for a whole new DVD player I bought one of those universal remotes. Which actually works - to a point. Only about half the buttons actually do anything and they are all in the wrong place - eg the Menu button is fast forward, the pause button is rewind, the "right" arrow brings up the display menu, the subtitles button switches the whole unit off etc. The only buttons that are in the right place are up, down, and OK. So not only do you have to try and memorise what button does what, a lot of the functions aren't represented - there is no pause button, and there's no play button, so if you press search you have to get up and walk over to the DVD player and press play to start watching it again, and there's no Menu button, so if you want to go back to the menu you have to switch the whole thing off and back on again. It's all quite annoying.

On the subject of pet hates, when people see fit to put the remote's for things beside the thing they operate at the end of a day. So when you sit down the next morning, you have to get up and go over to the thing you want to work to get the remote. Keep it on the table beside the chair/sofa! Stop defeating the purpose of a remote!

I'm going to print this out and leave it in the living room to prove that I am not alone in thinking this!! It's a major pain in the arse!

:up:

The Xbox doesn't need to be under warranty if it's a RROD, does it? My mums wasn't, AND it was chipped to play naughty naughty copied games. She got a replacement within 5 days. As far as I'm aware, they just stockpile the broken ones to be refurbished, and ship out an already refurbished model.

They extended the warranty to 3 years for RRoD. But when you submit your repair request there's a disclaimer saying unauthorised modifications will void the warranty or words to that effect. Basically if you've chipped it and they notice then you won't get it fixed for free.

What do you ship the 360 back in, the original box?

No, just any box that is vaguely the right size. You are advised not to send it in the original box I believe. Also, you only send the console, take off the hard drive, no controllers/wireless adapters/peripherals at all.

Inside the original Xbox. It's certainly big enough.

That's not true.

No, but I wish it was.

No, just any box that is vaguely the right size. You are advised not to send it in the original box I believe. Also, you only send the console, take off the hard drive, no controllers/wireless adapters/peripherals at all.

Ta! I live in constant fear of the RRoD, as we all do, and would like to be prepared. I shall source a suitable box from my supply of precious things and bubblewrap.

I held off buying for ages to get one of those Falcon revisions too but apparently it doesn't really make a damn of difference.

I fear the RROD too, especially as Fifa 10 is fast approaching. I would even hope I got the RROD today, so I could send it away right now, and hope for a 2 week turn around, in time for its release.

The unpredictability of it is the kicker, and if it happens just when your new game is released, you could call it... Rod's law.

• Upvote 1

Your mum plays xbox? for lack of a better word, that's rad.

Oh, so my Mum knits me an X-box cosy with my name on it and people call her "fucking mental" but all Joes mum does is play the console and she's "rad". Whatever, man. Fuck y'all.

My latest pet hate is people who fucking live on Facebook. Deleted some lass I vaguely know from uni recently. Some people are fucking arseholes, man. Who "becomes a fan of spinny chairs"? Honestly.

She was taking up about 75% of the page every time I logged on. Suchandsuch has become a fan of pizza, has become a fan of sleeping, has become a fan of sex, has become a fan of breathing, has become a fan of I love to sleep (that doesn't even make fucking sense!), wants you to take the "what accent should you have quiz", scored 25 in a jewel game, took the "what is this colour quiz", joined the group "If four gazillion and twelve people don't join this group they're gonna shut down facebook", sent all 657 of her friends a virtual martini, became a fan of 'virtual martini', joined the group "I just gave everyone a virtual martini".

Maybe she should've become a fan of "going outside and getting a life".

• Upvote 3