aberdeen-music

Getting thin!

Guest treader.

Guest treader.

Right...I have a bit of a belly these days and am looking to lose it quick sharp.

I've started being careful with what I eat and joined a gym a couple days ago so I'll be going there a fair few times a week.

My legs and arms are fine I think, so I'm really just hoping to weight/width from my stomach area.

What are the best ways to do this? (don't just say "eat less, exercise more")

At the gym, I usually either run about 3 miles, or cycle for around 40 minutes, then I do a lot of swimming to help my cardio.

What am I doing wrong? Or what could I start doing to help!?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right...I have a bit of a belly these days and am looking to lose it quick sharp.

I've started being careful with what I eat and joined a gym a couple days ago so I'll be going there a fair few times a week.

My legs and arms are fine I think, so I'm really just hoping to weight/width from my stomach area.

What are the best ways to do this? (don't just say "eat less, exercise more")

At the gym, I usually either run about 3 miles, or cycle for around 40 minutes, then I do a lot of swimming to help my cardio.

What am I doing wrong? Or what could I start doing to help!?

Sit up's and loads of them. There are many variations of them and ask one of the instructors at the gym for diff verisons. I used to do sports full time and though my belly has slipped a bit now running and sit up's are the best way to tone your stomach.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Hmmm. Sounds like you're doing the right thing.

About 10 months ago I started eating more healthily, and all round eating less. You'll be amazed how much less you can eat and not be starving all the time. On average, I eat breakfast, which is usually just as simple as a banana and a glass of juice/smoothie, then just a sandwich for lunch, and a normal meal at night (i.e meat and 2 veg sort of idea).

I was 12 stone in February, and now weigh about 10 and a quarter. I do a fair bit of exercise, swimming and running mainly. A competitive sport is great exercise if you're into that sort of thing - I play football, and seem to have much more energy etc when playing football than just going for a run for example.

How long have you been eating healthily/exercising for? If it's just a couple of days, then I'd say just keep it going and you'll get rid of the excess belly pretty soon :up:

Guest treader.

Well I was eating a pretty drastic diet for about a month and using the gym about 5 times a week up until a few weeks ago and I lost a stone and a half.

But recently, I've just been eating really badly and not bothering with much exercise.

Guest idol_wild

When I was 18 I weighed 17.5 stone and within a year I got down to 12.5 stone (I'm 6'3"). I achieved this by eating just three meals a day (I never ever snacked) and I almost cut out drinking entirely.

But yes, sit-ups are crucial for stomach reduction (in addition to a healthy diet), and I used to walk briskly for an hour every night too. Did the trick.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
When I was 18 I weighed 17.5 stone and within a year I got down to 12.5 stone (I'm 6'3"). I achieved this by eating just three meals a day (I never ever snacked) and I almost cut out drinking entirely.

But yes, sit-ups are crucial for stomach reduction (in addition to a healthy diet), and I used to walk briskly for an hour every night too. Did the trick.

Christ - that's a shit load of weight to lose - nice one :up:

Guest idol_wild
Ooo, that hurt.

Ask kingofdeon about the life-changing experience the Underkills can provide ;)

He used to be my next door neighbour - I know all about his life changing experiences ;)

Aye, but getting slim changed my life for the better.

HA!

That is indeed a shedload of weight to lose in a one-er though, good shift.

I was losing weight quite steadily for a while but that's gone out the window of late, my diet's slipped up a bit and I drink too much beer. Although the upside is that because I'd lost quite a bit of weight (a stone and a half in little over a month) I know I can do it again. To that end, I've just started again, although a bit more exercise would probably do me a few favours too...

sounds like you are doing the right thing, but yeah loads of sit ups and cutting out the obvious like beer really does help.

I have the same problem area, altho I'm not overweight I have to watch that area in case I do put on weight. I have lost weight recently (half stone) mainly from cutting down on portin size, cutting out beer not completely but drinking more red vino and only eating when hungry not because it's lunchtime :)

Probablt heard all this before, but hey ho...

Eat smaller portions over smaller intervals (but same amoutn of food)

Hoola hoop!

Drink plenty water

I try and have a larger lunch and smaller dinner, eat plenty of time before bed

It is winter tho and reckon we should have a bit of flab on us to keep us warm :D and also something to hold on to...men shouldn't be skinny!