aberdeen-music

Getting thin!

Guest treader.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tam o' Shantie
This "fact" is actually completely wrong.

Celery has very few calories, but it is a myth that it requires more to digest it.

Yeah, but did you know that goldfish have 2 second memories? I bet you didn't.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
This "fact" is actually completely wrong.

Celery has very few calories, but it is a total myth that it burns more calories digesting it.

And this is DEFINITELY wrong.

Apples are full of natural sugars, which is effectively carbohydrate. There is about 50 - 80calories in an apple, which is roughly the same as half a can of coke.

But.... but........I read that on the internet. It must be true....

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Yeah, but did you know that goldfish have 2 second memories? I bet you didn't.

Fuck, I'm drowning......... oh, that's right, I'm a goldfish.......

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I'm assuming that was a joke? On account of it also being a myth.

There's no pulling the wool over my eyes!

Yeah, another thing i'll probably add to the pet hates thread. People who like to point out really interesting facts that are obviously recycled nonsense with no logical or scientific backing. My favourite was when one of my bosses told me that fry-ups were good for a hangover - the reason? They have a chemical in them!

I just nodded my head, but I was so close to saying "what the hell are you talking about? which chemical is unique to pan-fried bacon, sausages, egg, beans, hash browns and toast? does steaming these ingredients not give you the benefit of this magical chemical?"

Yeah, another thing i'll probably add to the pet hates thread. People who like to point out really interesting facts that are obviously recycled nonsense with no logical or scientific backing. My favourite was when one of my bosses told me that fry-ups were good for a hangover - the reason? They have a chemical in them!

I just nodded my head, but I was so close to saying "what the hell are you talking about? which chemical is unique to pan-fried bacon, sausages, egg, beans, hash browns and toast? does steaming these ingredients not give you the benefit of this magical chemical?"

That thing about fry-ups, only counts if you cook it in a teflon coated pan, you get high then you dieo_O

• 2 weeks later...

i used to be over 32 on the bmi thing, then i went to 19.1, and now i'm at a steady 21 or thereabouts. i can't diet anymore, i like food too much.

i really did do it by just eating less, and swapping the bad for the good alternative. plus, i hardly eat bread or cheese anymore, and i stopped drinking beer. also, i have to have at least 5 portions of fruit & veg a day, though more often than not, it's about 10 or 11, much to my dentist's annoyance :/ remember to chew sugar-free gum after eating fruit!

i used to be over 32 on the bmi thing, then i went to 19.1, and now i'm at a steady 21 or thereabouts. i can't diet anymore, i like food too much.

i really did do it by just eating less, and swapping the bad for the good alternative. plus, i hardly eat bread or cheese anymore, and i stopped drinking beer. also, i have to have at least 5 portions of fruit & veg a day, though more often than not, it's about 10 or 11, much to my dentist's annoyance :/ remember to chew sugar-free gum after eating fruit!

Blimey! 32 to 19.1 is a huge jump! How long did that take?

Im 17 years old and my weight jumps around a little due to my super fast metabolism fighting with the masses of food i eat. Litterally the best thing you can do to feel and look healthy is excercise. I dont eat the best of foods due to living on a student budget, but i skate at least twice a week and do weights 5 days a week. The cardio-respiratory given from skating is a massive boost that you notice even just walking around town etc and the muscular from doing weights makes you feel great after about 2 weeks as suddently everything becomes less effort. Although, I'd like to eat better food, sometimes i can only afford the crap stuff with a bunch of E numbers etc... I just drink a lot of water which helps flush your system of all that crap. Grapefruit and ginger are also excellent for a bit of a detox system flush. Cant really afford grapefruit for breakfast though =P

x

Im 17 years old and my weight jumps around a little due to my super fast metabolism fighting with the masses of food i eat. Litterally the best thing you can do to feel and look healthy is excercise. I dont eat the best of foods due to living on a student budget, but i skate at least twice a week and do weights 5 days a week. The cardio-respiratory given from skating is a massive boost that you notice even just walking around town etc and the muscular from doing weights makes you feel great after about 2 weeks as suddently everything becomes less effort. Although, I'd like to eat better food, sometimes i can only afford the crap stuff with a bunch of E numbers etc... I just drink a lot of water which helps flush your system of all that crap. Grapefruit and ginger are also excellent for a bit of a detox system flush. Cant really afford grapefruit for breakfast though =P

x

Fruit and veg are quite cheap you just need to know where and when to look. I got 50 clementines from sainsbury at about 7.30 on monday night.

1kg dates from holland and barret is cheaper than supermarkets i go through about 5kg a month o_O

Morissons quite often have selected second days fruit and veg.a bag of 1.5kg carrots is 69p?

Aldi is cheap for onions...

You have to shop around

Halal Shops good for herbs and spices

Harbro 14 for 25kg porridge

Fruit and veg are quite cheap you just need to know where and when to look. I got 50 clementines from sainsbury at about 7.30 on monday night.

1kg dates from holland and barret is cheaper than supermarkets i go through about 5kg a month o_O

Morissons quite often have selected second days fruit and veg.a bag of 1.5kg carrots is 69p?

Aldi is cheap for onions...

You have to shop around

Halal Shops good for herbs and spices

Harbro 14 for 25kg porridge

Ta for that! you may well have just salvaged my wellbeing =P

x

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I found a pic of you the other day from halloween 03 and you look completely different. didn't a bit of this help you lose weight too though?

mask-smokin.jpg

I remember that when I got really thin, I could have conversations with people who later admitted that they didn't recognise me at all and thought that I was a complete stranger.