aberdeen-music

Getting thin!

Guest treader.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
He used to be my next door neighbour - I know all about his life changing experiences ;)

That is unfortunate...

He played in goals for the under 13s team I once played for. I never encountered him again until I was 18 and he was serving behind the bar at Cafe Bardot.... I remember talking to him and him pretending to remember me...

Then I book Kashmir Red for our charity gig in April on the basis of their myspace tunes, not realising he was the singer...

Roll on about 6 months, and my amateur team put 4 past him in a fine 4-0 victory (don't think he enjoyed that much) ;)

Then I hear about him getting torn into the locals at the Wizard Festival, as he embraces the new age discrimination laws ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild

Roll on about 6 months, and my amateur team put 4 past him in a fine 4-0 victory (don't think he enjoyed that much) ;)

What team do you play for? I'm looking to get involved in amateur football again. Or at the very least train with them...

What team do you play for? I'm looking to get involved in amateur football again. Or at the very least train with them...

At the time I was playing for Glendale Youth, but having since moved out of the city I'm playing (well I'm there every now and again when I've time) for New Deer in the North East Welfare League. Totally rubbish standard!

I'm sure the Youth would be happy to see an extra face though. I'll e-mail you contact details for the guy there. Although I will warn you, they're a bit of a shambles since I left (coincidence - nothing to do with me leaving) - the manager's been sacked, and I don't think they've really anyone running the team as such at the moment!

Guest idol_wild
At the time I was playing for Glendale Youth, but having since moved out of the city I'm playing (well I'm there every now and again when I've time) for New Deer in the North East Welfare League. Totally rubbish standard!

I'm sure the Youth would be happy to see an extra face though. I'll e-mail you contact details for the guy there. Although I will warn you, they're a bit of a shambles since I left (coincidence - nothing to do with me leaving) - the manager's been sacked, and I don't think they've really anyone running the team as such at the moment!

Christ, I turned out a few times for the Youth a couple of years back. Nick Wood got me along. I was taken off in my first game after an hour because I had been booked and was "on the verge of being sent off and we only have one sub today". :dunce:

Guest treader.
When I was 18 I weighed 17.5 stone and within a year I got down to 12.5 stone (I'm 6'3"). I achieved this by eating just three meals a day (I never ever snacked) and I almost cut out drinking entirely.

But yes, sit-ups are crucial for stomach reduction (in addition to a healthy diet), and I used to walk briskly for an hour every night too. Did the trick.

What kind of meals were you eating?!

I'm a vegetarian and I usually find I'm still hungry after meals so I eat crisps and chocolate and all that blah de blah.

I saw "world's heaviest teenagers" the other day and it freaked the shit out of me, and so I want to take serious action nice and early (not that I weigh anything near 75 stone)

Guest idol_wild

It depended, I cut out unnecessary carbohydrates such as pasta. Potatoes provided me with carbs. Plenty vegetables and fruit is always a winner. Blueberries and raspberries for breakfast.

That said, it's actually very expensive to eat healthily. Ironic.

I'm a vegetarian and I usually find I'm still hungry after meals so I eat crisps and chocolate and all that blah de blah.

I saw "world's heaviest teenagers" the other day and it freaked the shit out of me, and so I want to take serious action nice and early (not that I weigh anything near 75 stone)

Please tell me there was nobody on it that weighed 75 stone 8o

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

That said, it's actually very expensive to eat healthily. Ironic.

Considering how cheap it is to eat terribly, you're right. But if you buy good brand junk then it's not that much of a difference to make the change to healthy living, and if you can cook in bulk it should be cheaper.

But yeah, I used to feed myself for a week on just over a fiver at farmfoods (Crispy pancakes and homefries for the win) when I was skint. Couldn't do that cooking proper food every night.

Considering how cheap it is to eat terribly, you're right. But if you buy good brand junk then it's not that much of a difference to make the change to healthy living, and if you can cook in bulk it should be cheaper.

But yeah, I used to feed myself for a week on just over a fiver at farmfoods (Crispy pancakes and homefries for the win) when I was skint. Couldn't do that cooking proper food every night.

Just never eating is the cheapest way to lose weight. I'm not sure it's the healthiest option though.........

Those programmes are the best kind of accidental scaremongering. I remember that Bodyshock programme about the 70,000 Pound Man. Holy hell, that gave me nightmares.

Hahaha, I think every vaguely mobile male in and around New Deer has pulled on the famous gold and black at some point! I used to play the odd game inbetween school matches.

New Deer FC also hold the dubious honour of partaking in the most one-sided game i've ever witnessed between grown men - a 13-0 reverse against the mighty Longside.

Guest idol_wild
Just never eating is the cheapest way to lose weight. I'm not sure it's the healthiest option though.........

It really isn't. I got, ahem, "ill", shall we say, when I was on a weight loss trip and the long-term repurcussions are not good.

Don't do it, kids.

Those programmes are the best kind of accidental scaremongering. I remember that Bodyshock programme about the 70,000 Pound Man. Holy hell, that gave me nightmares.

Remember the one with the kid from (I think) Russia. He looked like a mini Michelin Man with his rolls of fat. His mum was claiming it was some sort of condition, but by the end of the programme it looked as if she was embracing the "condition" and over-feeding him and letting him eat what he wanted because it was turning him into a celebrity. Poor kid was only about 8, but was absolutely massive :down:

It really isn't. I got, ahem, "ill", shall we say, when I was on a weight loss trip and the long-term repurcussions are not good.

Don't do it, kids.

It wasn't a recommendation.

Hahaha, I think every vaguely mobile male in and around New Deer has pulled on the famous gold and black at some point! I used to play the odd game inbetween school matches.

New Deer FC also hold the dubious honour of partaking in the most one-sided game i've ever witnessed between grown men - a 13-0 reverse against the mighty Longside.

I played in a 12-1 defeat earlier this season. Absolutely soul destroying...

It's the lack of consistency in personnel that does the damage. When we have our best 11 on the pitch we are actually quite good. That happens about once every 3 seasons... ;)

Remember the one with the kid from (I think) Russia. He looked like a mini Michelin Man with his rolls of fat. His mum was claiming it was some sort of condition, but by the end of the programme it looked as if she was embracing the "condition" and over-feeding him and letting him eat what he wanted because it was turning him into a celebrity. Poor kid was only about 8, but was absolutely massive :down:

Yeuch. That's simultaneously disgusting and sick.

The one I saw was terrible. This American guy. He was actually so fat that his skin couldn't hold it and started to burst. The worst of it was that none of it seemed to be discernible medical problems, just that he ate the most unbelievable quantities of unhealthy foods. I struggle to comprehend just how anyone can let themselves get that bad.

Guest idol_wild
I played in a 12-1 defeat earlier this season. Absolutely soul destroying...

It's the lack of consistency in personnel that does the damage. When we have our best 11 on the pitch we are actually quite good. That happens about once every 3 seasons... ;)

It's always the same at that level of football. When I first signed for Old Kings Highway about 6 years ago, we had some good players who worked offshore. When we had the first team squad, we beat top of the league (and unbeaten) Bridge of Don, but would frequently get skelped by 3 or 4 goals when our key players were away. Even having two or three good players in an 11 is no good :down:

It's always the same at that level of football. When I first signed for Old Kings Highway about 6 years ago, we had some good players who worked offshore. When we had the first team squad, we beat top of the league (and unbeaten) Bridge of Don, but would frequently get skelped by 3 or 4 goals when our key players were away. Even having two or three good players in an 11 is no good :down:

And having 11 shit players is a disaster :)

Eat only healthy, homecooked food during the week. Don't eat crisps, chocolate, chips etc. Snack on fruit between meals. Grill stuff instead of frying it. Boil potatoes instead of chips. Pile on the veg to pad out your meals, it'll fill you up as good as anything else (fresh veg is cheap as, and easy to cook). Make fresh soup, it's really easy and good for you, and you can make a huge pot of it for like 2.

And then eat whatever you like at the weekend. That way you're not completely cutting out all that yummy take-away food but it's in moderation. That's what I generally do and I'm in good shape (though admittedly I've been slipping up a little lately and could do with a little toning up).

Eat only healthy, homecooked food during the week. Don't eat crisps, chocolate, chips etc. Snack on fruit between meals. Grill stuff instead of frying it. Boil potatoes instead of chips. Pile on the veg to pad out your meals, it'll fill you up as good as anything else (fresh veg is cheap as, and easy to cook). Make fresh soup, it's really easy and good for you, and you can make a huge pot of it for like 2.

And then eat whatever you like at the weekend. That way you're not completely cutting out all that yummy take-away food but it's in moderation. That's what I generally do and I'm in good shape (though admittedly I've been slipping up a little lately and could do with a little toning up).

Sound. I'm going to do this, looks like solid advice.

I could write you up a pretty sweet fitness programme/diet thats not too hard to do?

Least I could do, as you gave me your bike.

Im quite into my fitness and weight lifting etc, wrote one for my dad and he now weighs 18stone (having weighed 29 stone 18 months prior)

I could write you up a pretty sweet fitness programme/diet thats not too hard to do?

Least I could do, as you gave me your bike.

Im quite into my fitness and weight lifting etc, wrote one for my dad and he now weighs 18stone (having weighed 29 stone 18 months prior)

Sheesh that's a lot of shed pounds...

I always have loads of respect for people who lose lots and lots of stone in weight - it must be really hard to get going, when you're that much overweight. Good going :up:

Yeuch. That's simultaneously disgusting and sick.

The one I saw was terrible. This American guy. He was actually so fat that his skin couldn't hold it and started to burst. The worst of it was that none of it seemed to be discernible medical problems, just that he ate the most unbelievable quantities of unhealthy foods. I struggle to comprehend just how anyone can let themselves get that bad.

Anyone see the fat dad, where he went to hospital and when he was able to sit up and stand up he was allowed to go home...so comes the day for home time in months, and his family are all in the house (granny, wife, kids, gran kids) and what are they all sitting munching into.....McDonalds!!! Good effort there to help the dad eh!! rub it in his face why don't ya.....even worse...they are feeding it to a 9mth old baby!!! WTF!

Don't be upset if you are exercising and don't notice the weight dropping off, remember muscle weighing more than fat so the difference probably won't show too much on scales, but you'll notice the dfference in tone 8-)

Anyone see the fat dad, where he went to hospital and when he was able to sit up and stand up he was allowed to go home...so comes the day for home time in months, and his family are all in the house (granny, wife, kids, gran kids) and what are they all sitting munching into.....McDonalds!!! Good effort there to help the dad eh!! rub it in his face why don't ya.....even worse...they are feeding it to a 9mth old baby!!! WTF!

Don't be upset if you are exercising and don't notice the weight dropping off, remember muscle weighing more than fat so the difference probably won't show too much on scales, but you'll notice the dfference in tone 8-)

You should get put in jail for feeding McDonalds to a 9 month old baby. Fucksake. :down:

Sheesh that's a lot of shed pounds...

I always have loads of respect for people who lose lots and lots of stone in weight - it must be really hard to get going, when you're that much overweight. Good going :up:

Yeah, I'm immensely proud of him. Hes a big guy (6ft 5) but he was still obese, and now hes much fitter and hes got a girlfriend. Had to drag him to the gym at 6 every morning with me for a few months but its paid back.