aberdeen-music

Local Bands

Guest calumunderkills

i actually think with a bit of management and guidance / honing , practice and some good studio time - rescue party could be a great band with some amazing songs.

rescue party - totally underrated.

copy ha ho - i dont want the ha ho boys to get bigheaded but they do rawk! I like how its like theyre tight and shambolic at the same time.

alan cynic - is my favourite local act.by far. something grabs me when he plays, i think its a sense of mellowness that i cant quite put a finger on.

stanley -...are great too. they will have an album soon i hear.

probably heaps others too.

me and ian snafu were actually discussing how every band has one great song, they maybe dont know it and to them its just another song in the set but i think its pretty true.

like they hit their stride on that one track and it all stands out.

i think a lot of local bands have this in spades.

for example:

karrta - henri got cancer

rescue party - derelict

lorenzo snow - break apart

the needles - diane

ten easy wishes - kites

ive run out of examples but i reckon you could make a mean local comp.

theres a lot of good bands / tracks on the granite city records comp too.

Xcerts were, but they got too big for here.

Edgar Prais and Copy Haho, but as was said, they won't stay local for too much longer

PVH are awesome

Everythingwesayisfact were awesome

Kartta have the occasional good tune

Kitchen Cynics, if I'm in the right mood.

Toy-amazing vocalist, best singer in Aberdeen.

Headlight are fairly underrated in my opinion.

Elizabeths will be quite good, given time.

enrapture have to be one for me, amazing band can't wait to see them on halloween. The xcerts also rawk most parts of my body and the prais have their moments.

I think its a shame what happens to most of these good bands in aberdeen, none of them really ever seem to get their act together enough to push on, and im speaking from personel experience here, it just seems like bands such as fivefiffteen, 10ew, copy haho, and toy just (as examples this is no real dig at the guys in the bands or the bands themselves) havent really pushed their bands as hard as they could considering the talent they all have. I guess tho that would probably be the downfall of 90% of bands.

Guest calumunderkills
I think I've seen them before. They sound a lot like The View and the lad kept whipping his shirt off. Hmmm.

I've seen them a few times, and he does always take his shirt off and finish the rest of the set wearing only a vest. I'm sure the young ladies love it...

The band they sound most like is the View, but only on certain songs. They've got a lot of potential, and their drummer is literally about 13, but brilliant!! :up:

I've seen them a few times, and he does always take his shirt off and finish the rest of the set wearing only a vest. I'm sure the young ladies love it...

their drummer is literally about 13, but brilliant!! :up:

it's a real shame for them because of this, the only place they can get a gig in town now is at the Lemon Tree. my band played with them a while ago, the drummer showed me up... :up:

Guest calumunderkills
it's a real shame for them because of this, the only place they can get a gig in town now is at the Lemon Tree. my band played with them a while ago, the drummer showed me up... :up:

Ha, yeah - we played at the Wizard Festival battle of the bands with them, and our drummer was shiting himself after watching him play, and everyone going "wow check the drummer he's about 10 but totally amazing!" :up:

Guest calumunderkills
Best Band Around in Aberdeen just now i think are The Marionettes

Also

The Locals, Velvet Audio, The Elizibeths, Toy, The Little Kicks, Kashmir Red, Short Notice

Seriously, there are so many at the moment, it's scary!!

I actually got mentioned in this thread! :]

Thanks phil.

My faves (at this moment!!):

Without ever having seen them live I think Katerwaul are amazing. I WILL see them soon. I WILL!

Kitchen Cynics. Nuff said.

Both Sawers sisters.

I really like the Maternal Bum Bond too, in fact, I hereby want to organise an evening of Pony Bumming.

Lamplighter/Cynical Letdown is a mighty fine act. Go see him before he leaves town!

Ashley Parks. Sober OR drunk.

God there's so many...

I don't know if Karloff are still together but I really like them.

I haven't seen many local bands recently, only ones we've actually played with, but I've been impressed with Avoid The Morning. Daedalian are ace, although they're from Glasgow. AKA Ska are good value, as are Soul Funkin' Hot. I used to hate Panda Eyes but they've got a lot better. The Marionettes sound good on CD but I've never seen them live.

Xcerts were, but they got too big for here.

Edgar Prais and Copy Haho, but as was said, they won't stay local for too much longer

PVH are awesome

Everythingwesayisfact were awesome

Kartta have the occasional good tune

Kitchen Cynics, if I'm in the right mood.

Toy-amazing vocalist, best singer in Aberdeen.

Headlight are fairly underrated in my opinion.

Elizabeths will be quite good, given time.

Thanks man. I think that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about us :love: