aberdeen-music

Brilliant albums from overseas

Paulscoconutass

Yeah the Grates are pretty good. They do that song about trampoline's don't they?

That's the one, 'use your bed like a trampoline' etc...catchy filth.

I'd second Jens Lekman (cannot believe I forgot him in the first place).

Also on the Swedish front I'd reccommend The Concretes, Those Dancing Days, Taken By Trees and Hello Saferide. The Swedes do Pop better than anybody.

Guest treader.

Architecture in Helsinki are a band from Australia that I really really love. Their newer stuff has gone very "jaunty electro indie" or something but their older stuff is totally nice.

ALSO, HAVE YOU HEARD OF SIGUR ROS!? DEY R GHOOD. LOLZ!!!"!11

good call you. very good at TITP this year apparently. to tell you the truth, i'd assumed they'd have split up by now...

like belgian death metal with fiddles? Natan played the moorings recently, they sound really interesting...

or how about Apes IQ from Stockholm?

The Mad Capsule Markets - 010

Yas! They're awesome. Also on a Japanese tip - check oot Guitar Wolf and Melt Banana

What? Mad Capsule Markets are pretty big over here? Most of my friends who arent even too heavy into music own a record or two by them.

As in response to the Silverchair slating, Diorama totally polarises opinions. Most who like their grunge work don't like this music, but I really think it show's Johnsons immensely diverse skill as an arranger and a composer.

I mentioned them as Diorama didnt really take off over here and I think that it is by far their best work. It takes a few listens but if you're a fan of epic arrangements etc, well worth a listen.

i think juana molina's overrated. in my humble opinion.

way off topic, but shouldn't your name be Dr Owl, if you have a phD

i think juana molina's overrated. in my humble opinion.

way off topic, but shouldn't your name be Dr Owl, if you have a phD

Juana Molina's probably the only person working in music at the moment that I'd be tempted to call a genius. I think she's pretty incredible and she doesn't get a huge amount of attention as far as I can tell, so I guess I don't really agree about her being overrated! Her more recent stuff takes a while to get into though. Son probably took me a couple of years to really get familiar with and the new album will probably be similar.

Maybe it should be Dr Owl, but it's from the name of a comic character from Doug Allen's 'Steven', which is not really noted for being technically correct on most things. It's quite funny though.