aberdeen-music

Decent breakfast in Aberdeen????????

Johnny Mac

where does a good veggie breakfast?

i like the pancake stack from books and beans, but can't find anywhere that offers a full veggie alternative.

tk's and the bobbin used to, but they don't do it with the quorn sausages and that anymore :(

archie's does a vege breakfast, i think. don't know how nice it would be though...

i like the pancake stack from books and beans, but can't find anywhere that offers a full veggie alternative.

tk's and the bobbin used to, but they don't do it with the quorn sausages and that anymore :(

The Beautiful Mountain do a pretty decent veggie breakfast by all accounts.

They also do good cooked breakfasts as well. Fine as.

archie's does a vege breakfast, i think. don't know how nice it would be though...

The Archies veggie breakfast is surprisingly good, it's just the same as the non-veggie breakfast but with the bacon and sausage replaced with 2 Quorn sausages and an extra egg. It's cheap as chips as well (not literally, think a portion of chips is about a pound fifty cheaper). I've not been that fussed about meat substitute things like Quorn though, since I stopped eating meat. I'm happy enough with a plate of eggs, hash browns and potato scones.

you can get quorn sausages with your breakfast at Northern Bar. Other than that...Sainsbury's caf do a meatfree breakfast. But its not faux-meat or anything.

You could try upstairs in the Bon Accord centre, you get decent grub in there and big portions usually.

Have they not put-up their prices a lot in the last few months?

My elderly ma used to meet her pals there reqularly but went appolpectic when they charged her somewhere over four quid for a cup of coffee & a rowie.

The last time I ate in there was not exactly impressive either & pretty dear.

Maybe they are stacking the site fees as part of the renovation/expansion plans for the centre?

Have they not put-up their prices a lot in the last few months?

My elderly ma used to meet her pals there reqularly but went appolpectic when they charged her somewhere over four quid for a cup of coffee & a rowie.

The last time I ate in there was not exactly impressive either & pretty dear.

Maybe they are stacking the site fees as part of the renovation/expansion plans for the centre?

Oh I'm not sure, I used to work in the Bon Accord centre a few years ago so I went up there for food quite a lot, I haven't eaten from there a long time though. It's always been a little bit on the expensive side but you get a proper fucking plateful.

Good breakfasts - Henrys, next to the Vue cinema. Dunno what time it opens though. Filling Station at 10.30 I think....

does Littlewoods (or is it now something else?) restaurant upstairs still exist? It did decent, but basic breakfasts cheaply, and the no-smoking bit was nice (still had some of the old decor from when it was the Trades place).

I used to go to the Gordon Cafe in King Street, but it's now shut....how about Crawfords in George Street?

Yeah. The B&Q one is a bit bizarre.

BHS also has a cafe... But along with Debenhams and M&S they're expensive.

Blackfriars is good for food so surely they must do a breakfast too?!

Last time I had breakfast in Blackfriars it was so bad I refused to pay for it. The only bit that was edible was the toast. That was probably about 4 or 5 years ago though.

I do believe that Primark is in it's place. Least I think that's where Littlewoods was.

Yes - There was a discussion about this on another board & someone went & asked them about it - Ended-up being shown round & got a few photos.

It is all still up there but IIRC there was a fairly minor problem with the H&S/Access regs that closed it in the first place & prevent Primark from reopening it without building modifications. FTM, Primark are not in the food biz so are unlikely to bother doing much about it. They did however recognise the requirement to maintain the listed part of the building (the old hall) so otherwise, the space itself was in fairly good condition. Think it may have been used for staff training?

When Littlewoods first took over Trinity Hall, the old hall was the up-market dining room, with a better & dearer menu than the main restaraunt beside it.

The only pic I can quickly find online is this:

lc0605160025.jpg

• Upvote 1