aberdeen-music

football manager 2009

The Milner

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very funny christie....

i like to prove hansen and his 'win nothing with kids' theory wrong. i've won 2 leagues, 2 north american champions leagues, the interliga and the champions trophy with my kids. and hopefully add the club world championship to that tally when i finally get round to playing the final!

I had a player ask me for 0p/w, so when i thought i was being generous and offered him 90p/w he turned me down saying the deal was laughable! Very few highlights for my first attempt as Aberdeen manager, being 4-0 down to Celtic after 56 mins then level at 4-4 mins later probably my best effort.

Guest idol_wild
There's actually a recent data update for CM01/02 with up-to-date squads. I can find a link if you'd be interested...

I'd be interested. I can't afford FM09 just now and I can't be hooped continuing with FM08...

it would be impossible to get people to play at the same time.

My leeds game is now in its 6th season, im sitting 4th in the prem and my average first team squad age is little over 21. This game makes up heaps of new players every season, just wait it out and you can get them for next to nothing.

Ive managed to get jack wilshire on a free as well which was a huge bonus along with a brazilian neymar who is bagging them for fun. Turning over 30 mil profit a season and got the stadium up to 54,000 so i think i can break the top 4 in the next season or two.

This for me is most def the best champ for a couple of years, just the number of new players means that every season you can improve your team rather than it stagnating after a couple of seasons.

I'd be up for nerding it up with a network game but we'd definitely need to curb the numbers. 3-4 max. should do the trick, any more and there's no chance we'd ever all be online at the same time to play.

Done a couple of LAN games in my time, always a good laugh, especially when panic signing Russell Latapy dribbles passed two of your mate's brand new 15m defence and smashes one into the top corner :up:.

The best way I've seen to run a network game is to choose a day and time, between 7.30 and 10.30 on a Tuesday for example.

That way only one person has to commit to be there, the host.

You'll be out of luck unless you upgrade anyway idol_wild, you need to be running the same version (including updates), as the host to play.

Guest idol_wild

You'll be out of luck unless you upgrade anyway idol_wild, you need to be running the same version (including updates), as the host to play.

Yeah, I will buy the new one soon like. Just short of a bob or two just now. :down:

I'd be interested. I can't afford FM09 just now and I can't be hooped continuing with FM08...

Need to (annoyingly) register here (try searching Bugmenot.com - login with these free web passwords to bypass compulsory registration for a password if you can't be hooped registering):

Home : Championship Manager

And the download link is half-way down the page. It first looks like it's just a download of the game itself (which it is), but once registered it'll give you the option to download an update patch.

It is a free, official, and legal download.

It's already out. You can get it from here:-

FOOTBALL MANAGER LIVE - THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE

I've played around with it and I can't say I like it too much. It's a whole different beast from Football Manager though in that you actually have to take the time to learn how to use new tactics and what not using skill points. The match engine is totally random, too.

I don't think I'll be keeping my subscription, but if anyone signs up/is already signed up I'm managing the Granite City Wizards in the Shearer gameword. Boom.

I always play 4-4-2 Diamond with an attacking midfielder behind the strikers. The best players I've found in this position in FM07 are Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta who are both capable of around 10-15 goals a season from this position, and about the same in assists. Cahill is always my first signing.

CM01/02. Colin Cameron playing behind Stan Collymore and Michael Bridges. Unstoppable :)

Picked it up in the Game sales, but have had precious little time to fire it up as being a daddy is taking up so much time!

My laptop can handle the game but can't seem to cope with the 3D engine. I think I may be running too many leagues as well.

I am guessing the injury bug is basically the fact that players drop like flies on a regular basis? I started a Man City game (just so I could spend lots of money) and within five games I have eight first team players out injured.

I don't have internet access from my laptop so is there a way I can fix said bug?

Or is it maybe the fact that I just have a very injury-prone squad?

Picked it up in the Game sales, but have had precious little time to fire it up as being a daddy is taking up so much time!

My laptop can handle the game but can't seem to cope with the 3D engine. I think I may be running too many leagues as well.

I am guessing the injury bug is basically the fact that players drop like flies on a regular basis? I started a Man City game (just so I could spend lots of money) and within five games I have eight first team players out injured.

I don't have internet access from my laptop so is there a way I can fix said bug?

Or is it maybe the fact that I just have a very injury-prone squad?

RapidShare Webhosting + Webspace

The above patch will get it sorted it.

Bloody annoying bug it was, though. Almost as bad as the closing down thing from last year...

Picked it up in the Game sales' date=' but have had precious little time to fire it up as being a daddy is taking up so much time!

Or is it maybe the fact that I just have a very injury-prone squad?[/quote']

Nah, there was an injury bug in the first version of the game that has been fixed by subsequent patches.

I'm moving house just now but when it's all sorted I can shove the patches onto a CD and give it to Jen to take into work for you... 2j0zd5h.png

Nah, there was an injury bug in the first version of the game that has been fixed by subsequent patches.

I'm moving house just now but when it's all sorted I can shove the patches onto a CD and give it to Jen to take into work for you... 2j0zd5h.png

Cool! I will have a look at trying to download etc. but if you were able to do that it would be most appreciated!

It is a small world isn't it?