aberdeen-music

football manager 2009

The Milner

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited about the new game. I love the idea of news conferences, speaking to the media's one of my favourite parts of FM.

I've been playing 08 more recently, got a Kidderminster Harriers season on the go, i'm doing pretty well. Was getting bored of the top leagues, blue square premier league's where it's at.

Guest idol_wild

Looks good, liking some of the ideas.

I am having a 2008 renaissance. Got me a tidy looking Ipswich side. Ran away with the Championship in first season then finished a decent 9th in first season in EPL.

Got me 28m to squander in close season.

Yas min.

Guest idol_wild
the third division is going to be well accurate this year :D

How come? Are you the researcher?

I used to be the Aberdeen and Stranraer researcher in the latter version of Championship Manager. True story. I miss doing it so much, but I lost contact with the head of Scottish research (who was strangely called Stewart Milne).

Hopefully they've been working on all the annoying bugs, such as board confidence (it's a joke), boards lying to you when they offer a contract, weather in south america etc etc etc.

I'm not going to buy it until I know they've sorted those things out (and not added a plethora of other bugs).

FM08 was so poor compared to FM07 not even a flashy 3D match engine is going to entice me if it's still a bug-ridden, poorly designed p.o.s.

They've definitely sorted out the board confidence, and the annoying thing where the press make a big deal of a former squad player being on the opposition side, amongst other things. They've also completely re-designed the transfer system, I hear. It's pretty much going to be brilliant.

As always, there'll no doubt be a few bugs that will be sorted when the first patch comes out. (Like the terrible one in '08 when the second Scottish season had no league fixtures).

On a side note, you need a DVD drive to run the game.

They've definitely sorted out the board confidence,.

They might say they have, but have they?

I'll be keeping an eye on the SI forums after the game is released just to see how buggy it is before splashing my hard-earned on it. That's if my steam-powered computer can handle it but they haven't released minimum specs yet.

aye Im annoyed that my board are only satisfied with montrose wining 3rd, 2nd division consecutively and sitting 5th in first and a challenge cup final to look forward to, not to mention a great financial position with some great wheeling and dealing in the market. I also don't like the fact that I havent been offered/linked with any jobs (not that I'd take them but I'd like to get my loyalty score on my profile up) and that the only stories generated were the ones which say my board are worried I am going to leave and are lining up numptys like Bunnet and Dave Baikie to replace me

I have developed a team full of young scots lads and moterrasat (?) guys who consistently win games against teams who piss on us. its nice

aye Im annoyed that my board are only satisfied with montrose wining 3rd, 2nd division consecutively and sitting 5th in first and a challenge cup final to look forward to, not to mention a great financial position with some great wheeling and dealing in the market. I also don't like the fact that I havent been offered/linked with any jobs (not that I'd take them but I'd like to get my loyalty score on my profile up) and that the only stories generated were the ones which say my board are worried I am going to leave and are lining up numptys like Bunnet and Dave Baikie to replace me

I have developed a team full of young scots lads and moterrasat (?) guys who consistently win games against teams who piss on us. its nice

Have you run into the bug where you finish in the play-offs but don't get promoted, and the board are then convinced you finished 10th?

EDIT: Of course not if you won 3rd and 2nd consecutively.

How come? Are you the researcher?

I used to be the Aberdeen and Stranraer researcher in the latter version of Championship Manager. True story. I miss doing it so much, but I lost contact with the head of Scottish research (who was strangely called Stewart Milne).

I remember my step dad did the stats for the Aberdeen team on CM2. I think this was when Domark made the game.

• 1 month later...