aberdeen-music

football manager 2009

The Milner

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
Is it not usually on the back of the manual?

Yes, upon further inspection, it is. Thank you.

Oh well, I just shattered the box to my new game in a fit of aggressive pique for nothing then.

Guest idol_wild
Yes, upon further inspection, it is. Thank you.

Oh well, I just shattered the box to my new game in a fit of aggressive pique for nothing then.

Or maybe not, because the installed game won't work.

I literally hate technology.

Guest idol_wild
I still had heaps of trouble installing it. It seemed to be my firewall that stopped it from working. Once I disabled it, it seemed to run okay. Maybe try that?

I've got it up and running. Almost two hours it took to install it and get it to run. So far, massively unimpressed.

Also, the skin is disgusting, which means I have to spend time searching for one that looks nice.

These SI guys are testing my patience.

I'm a little unsure. The game itself feels a little TOO extensive. I feel like I could sit for hours tweaking stuff before I even play a game. Then my assistant manager tells me every player on the pitch looks exhausted, and I should consider subbing him.

Thanks assistant manager. How about you and me sit down, and we'll re-write the rules of professional football. It'll be a blast! 11 subs per game, and 3 half an hour replenishment breaks for all. One league game could end up sharing duration similarities with 5 day test cricket. What a feat.

Seriously, prick.

Guest idol_wild

Just getting into this game. As Joe suggests, it's pretty fucking extensive.

I really like the 3D match engine, I must say. They've done it quite well. My main fear about it was that a lot of the plays would be the same. But so far, I've yet to see an identical goal.

So far, for me, it's the hardest version of the game yet. I've usually cracked it by now. But I'm still tweaking and testing out different ideas.

Very playable, though.

i'd just like to say my aberdeen team are kicking arse just now.

some thirty games played, and the only dropped points are two draws with the hibees. i'm clearly going to win both cups, the CL campaign is going swimmingly (5-0 defeat of AC Milan at Todders), and they're knocking in 3 or 4 goals every game.

i think it's because they're all determined to sign for Juve, Man U, or Real Madrid.

the ungreatful fuckers.

i like it when a cocky back up player goes running to the press and the message 'play me or lose me' comes up, i always say that player is not part of my plans and will be transfer listed immediately. they usually come back with a grovelling apology!!!!

end of season 10......third prem in a row, second champs league in a row and two FA cups in a row. Game running time now at 15 days...

I completely gave up on the assistant manager years ago except for the press things in shitty cup games or friendlys.

I dont usually play players if they are below %95 fit and always try and sub them when they get under %80. Also if your winning a game and looking comfortable its always good to look ahead and try and sub the important players. I try to have two players for each position and hopefuly one or two youngsters who can step up if needs must and for early cup games. Look at your training as well, make sure you have a good fitness trainer and decent training facilities, all of these will make your players fitter and have better stamina.

i'm managing in portugal at the mo, a really dinky little team who i got promoted and managed to keep up first season in the top flight there. i've found FM09 good for doing an 'arsne wenger' and putting together teams of promising youngsters.

havent managed one of the really big european teams yet but running loads of european leagues on this current game so trying to work my up.

i just got my portugese team relegated, last game of the season as well though i have saved it at the point where i have the option to replay the game, i have resigned and put meself on the market again. dont think real madrid or man utd will come calling just yet!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild
Finally got round to buying it... typed in the Product Activation Code and i've been met with this message:

'Your computer is either currently unable to reach the Steam Servers, or the service may be temporarily disabled. Please try again later.'

Eh???

I had all manner of problems with the install too. Just ask my flatmate - she witnessed me smashing the case off the kitchen linoleum and shattering it to tiny pieces.

It doesn't help that I have the IQ of a retarded domestic spider, of course. But it certainly wasn't as simple as it ought to be.

That said, once it's installed it is fucking amazing. I'm hooked. And my plucky Ipswich side is looking good for Champions League qualification in only my second season in the Premier League.

I think Steam is a game playing interface or something? Maybe try and install it without that, if the option comes up (I can't remember how I ended up doing it).

steam is the easiest way because it will update the game automatically everytime they patch it, saves a lot of hassle i find, plus you dont need the cd in your computer to run it.

Im away to start a new game, a world wide one if the laptop doesnt eat itself alive trying to run the leagues, want to start in south america and have the prem league, spanish and italian leagues running so i can cross the ocean when i think its time. Leeds have been good to me but its time for something new and being the idiot i am i only had other leagues running in the back ground so i cant piss off to italy or anywhere.

Guest idol_wild
steam is the easiest way because it will update the game automatically everytime they patch it, saves a lot of hassle i find, plus you dont need the cd in your computer to run it.

Im away to start a new game, a world wide one if the laptop doesnt eat itself alive trying to run the leagues, want to start in south america and have the prem league, spanish and italian leagues running so i can cross the ocean when i think its time. Leeds have been good to me but its time for something new and being the idiot i am i only had other leagues running in the back ground so i cant piss off to italy or anywhere.

I don't use Steam and I don't require the disc each time I load the game. ;)

I'm thinking of spreading my wings and starting a game in a more obscure league too. Maybe Romania or Ukraine or something.

I don't use Steam and I don't require the disc each time I load the game. ;)

I'm thinking of spreading my wings and starting a game in a more obscure league too. Maybe Romania or Ukraine or something.

really?? Weird, but then ive never tried to run this one without steam.

Yeah i wanted to go somewhere completely different where i didnt know all the good players worth signing. Eastern europe could be fun, i did toy with asia and amercia but neither really grabs me plus del tells me the laws regarding player transfer in america are a bit wacky.

I'm terrible at this game. I don't know what it is. To ease myself into it, I took charge of ManYoo because I lost 8 games on the trot with Wednesday. Why are Tevez and Carrick always so depressed? I keep giving them high praise but that doesn't work, so I try giving them criticism every now and again and that worsens their morale. I gave them an improved contract. I arranged a friendly against my reserves, played all my big guns to ensure that we smashed them. Tevez and Carrick grabbed a couple of goals each too. But still they are of poor morale. It doesn't say they are unhappy at the club though. Just bad morale even though I'm winning all my games and they are playing first team football constantly.

What gives?