aberdeen-music

football manager 2009

The Milner

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure is! Especially considering I also played in the school orchestra with the mother of your child. :)

I suppose now would be an inopportune moment for me to start worrying about the fact my mother's maiden name is Morrice... 8o

I shall have to advise Mrs Tanned accordingly.

And no, Rathen, she isn't still in the school orchestra, she's actually older than me (by 4 days...) the cradle-snatcher!!!

I always play 4-4-2 Diamond with an attacking midfielder behind the strikers. The best players I've found in this position in FM07 are Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta who are both capable of around 10-15 goals a season from this position, and about the same in assists. Cahill is always my first signing.

CM01/02. Colin Cameron playing behind Stan Collymore and Michael Bridges. Unstoppable :)

Pfft... I'm unstoppable with my 4-1-2-2-1 formation, which is a back four with a holding midfielder, two central midfielders, two traditional wingers and a striker. I'm really reluctant to ugrade at the moment I'm in 2021 with Liverpool (starting at West Ham, then moving on to Celtic) and have won 10 in a row in the league and nuturing an entirely British and Irish squad.

Just started up a game as Wigan, going pretty well, won on opening day against liverpool 1-0 at home. Also beat Man Utd by the same score at home. Heskey is wanting out and have lots of big teams sniffing round some of my better players. Currently 12th after 6 games.

Got one problem that i can't figure out, my ass man keeps informing me that there is a gap being exploited between by defence and midfield, despite me playing a dm? anyone else had this problem?

also, too manyinjuries.

Just started up a game as Wigan, going pretty well, won on opening day against liverpool 1-0 at home. Also beat Man Utd by the same score at home. Heskey is wanting out and have lots of big teams sniffing round some of my better players. Currently 12th after 6 games.

Got one problem that i can't figure out, my ass man keeps informing me that there is a gap being exploited between by defence and midfield, despite me playing a dm? anyone else had this problem?

also, too manyinjuries.

Have you got the latest patch installed? It seemed to tone down the amount of injuries i got.

Regarding the gap between defence and midfield, check out your individual player mentality settings and make sure they're not all over shop and maybe pop your defensive line up a couple of notches. Ideally, the difference in mentality between your most defensive and most attacking player(s) should be no more than 8 notches.

Fired up FM2007 the other day for some nostalgia. Love that game, and I've managed to put together a pretty tasty Aberdeen team too. Arsenal = best parent club ever...

I'm torn between firing up FM07 tonight for the first time in about 6 months, or picking up FM09 from HMV on the way home from work..... I know if I buy the new one I'll just sit and play it in every free moment and my musical output will grind to a halt...

get the new one!!!!!!!!!

Do it, you wont look back!!

Got a cracker of a game on the go with Napoli at the moment. At the start of the game Man City came in with an enquiry for my Serbian wonderkid midfielder, so I figured I'd be a cheeky cunt and ask for 30m. Mark Hughes and the Manchester City money-spunking machine were only happy to oblige :up:.

I have a thing for managing "sleeping giants" and restorting them to their former glory. Trying to bring back the Maradona days of the '80's for Napoli with the Argie connection of Andres D'Alessandro, Diego Buonanotte and Ezekiel Lavezzi (sp?) running the show. 4-2-3-1 with bombing wingbacks, a holding midfielder and a deep-lying playmaker. Works a treat. After this I fancy continuing the revival theme at Nottingham Forest or St. Etienne.

Managed to finish third with Aberdeen in FM07 after Hearts imploded and decided it would be a good idea to replace Craig Gordon with Pavel Srnicek of all people. Brian Kerr and Brian McLean are ridiculously good in this game, and Gavin Skelton's free kicks are insane! He rifled in FOUR in one game against Killie for me... we won 6-2.