aberdeen-music

Orange Unsigned Act

Justin

Do you or have you ever played an instrument Cloud?

Yup. I can play piano, though I don't play much these days because of badly injuring my wrist a few years ago that's left me with permanent damage, so I can't play much these days. About 20-30 minutes is my limit, any more and I'm just left with a really badly cramped wrist.

Personally, I wish I was able to play for a decent length of time - if I could, I would've started a band years ago. Alas, it's not to be.

Yup. I can play piano, though I don't play much these days because of badly injuring my wrist a few years ago that's left me with permanent damage, so I can't play much these days. About 20-30 minutes is my limit, any more and I'm just left with a really badly cramped wrist.

Personally, I wish I was able to play for a decent length of time - if I could, I would've started a band years ago. Alas, it's not to be.

You might as well quit then. 20-30 minutes a day won't win you any competitions, and you know full well that the only point in playing a musical instrument is the mighty dollar.

Guest idol_wild
I don't play much these days because of badly injuring my wrist a few years ago that's left me with permanent damage, so I can't play much these days. About 20-30 minutes is my limit, any more and I'm just left with a really badly cramped wrist.

I couldn't help it.

Yes, I am a purile little sod.

So in other words, you're aspiring to popularity. Will you be truly happy with a few people, once you create your masterpiece, or will you aspire to more? I don't believe you, or in fact the vast majority of people when they say that they'd be truly happy playing to a few people - I think everyone, deep down, would love to see their ego massaged by bringing their own work to the masses.

I'm not aspiring to popularity, I'm aspiring to the creation of music, a process that as an end itself gives me satisfaction (and has done for the majority of my existence!). I do have a life, and I'm not planning on spending it sitting around contriving how to become a megastar.

You introduce, once again, these dull, hypothetical 'deep down' feelings; there are plenty of ludicrous things we all want deep down, but they're never going to happen, so grow up and get yourself some real, attainable ambitions (a decent job / family, for instance). There's something unquestionably dislikeable about this particular show, and the somewhat lustful 'end-seeking' of everyone involved, from the overpaid and under-talented presenters, to the producers who capitalize off the insatiable desire for stardom of desperate bands. Can you see now why most people with shit to do wouldn't have the time for this sort of crap?

ps, no more hypothetical / theorizing 'oh, but deep down in ur wildist dreams' shit please.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...