aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

I picked up a KMD 100w Valve combo amp from Alan Badge yesterday. It's a fucking beast. The clean channel is lush and it takes pedals really well. The onboard reverb is outstandingly warm and ethereal. It's loud as fuck to boot! Sat up till 1am and didn't want to go to work this morning!

I picked up a KMD 100w Valve combo amp from Alan Badge yesterday. It's a fucking beast. The clean channel is lush and it takes pedals really well. The onboard reverb is outstandingly warm and ethereal. It's loud as fuck to boot! Sat up till 1am and didn't want to go to work this morning!

I love and loathe the feeling of having to leave new gear behind whilst you go and work for the man.

You should have phoned in sick, putting on a gravelly flu voice, whilst squeeling incredibly audible pinch harmonics and massive fat riffs in the background.

Ladies and germs, Custom 195.

e2947920-ddd6-4acc-b7b8-c1181d6add88

This thing is so Doomy. When you crank the Master and hit the guitar strings, it feels like the amplifier is sucking in all that's wholesome in the world and turning it into unadulterated tone.

Clean sound really sparkles with the neck pickup of my Strat. Nice glassy sound. If you turn up the gain, it gets a sweet grittiness. Not so much bluesy... more like when Low play loud. Plenty headroom though.

The boost channel and the OD are mental though. It doesn't gain up like a Mesa or an Orange at all. The OD control starts clipping the sound and it becomes this brutal fuzz. It's like getting shot with a nail gun.

The above Master Volume settings are as loud as I've dared crank it so far. Thanks Verellen.

• Upvote 7

This thing is so Doomy. When you crank the Master and hit the guitar strings, it feels like the amplifier is sucking in all that's wholesome in the world and turning it into unadulterated tone.

Clean sound really sparkles with the neck pickup of my Strat. Nice glassy sound. If you turn up the gain, it gets a sweet grittiness. Not so much bluesy... more like when Low play loud. Plenty headroom though.

The boost channel and the OD are mental though. It doesn't gain up like a Mesa or an Orange at all. The OD control starts clipping the sound and it becomes this brutal fuzz. It's like getting shot with a nail gun.

The above Master Volume settings are as loud as I've dared crank it so far. Thanks Verellen.

That amp would have to take out a restraining order on me.

This is the first amp that has given me even the slightest twinge of amp lust since I got my Sound City.

Good choice - I have the AC30CC-1, single speaker version of that head. I generally have it set up guitar>TS>amp. You can get some cool sounds out of it, ranging from really warm clean to some brutal crunchy goodness. The reverb is very nice, and the tremolo is quite good too, although I personally never had much use for. As you will find out eventually, the amp is foolishly loud! I put a Celestion Alnico Gold in mine - epic! Only problem is that the new speaker is considerably heavier than the original NeoDog. The combo is now stupidly heavy so it's probably a good thing you went for the head version. I can't even imagine having to carry one of the 2 speaker versions with the proper speakers fitted!

Pete

• 1 month later...