aberdeen-music

your gear.

hibbytam

Haha, yeah I sobered up and had a wee google. It's the POS starter thing, fuck knows why it has the Fender title. Those two posted above are fucking beautiful though.

Looks like I have a new project to rip apart and make good. She does play not-too-bad but yeah, thank fuck I only paid a small charity donation for it.

xx

It looks like a toaster. Do report back on it though! I took a new pic of the siblings today. Made by the same guy so i guess I can call them that :p Just need to think of names now....

552551_10150935228241695_1332332836_n.jpg

Any word on the Verellen yet Old Gold? Dying to see what it looks like. By 'exact rebuild' is it going to look the same as the one in the video or just a rebuild of the electrics with a different finish?

Any word on the Verellen yet Old Gold? Dying to see what it looks like. By 'exact rebuild' is it going to look the same as the one in the video or just a rebuild of the electrics with a different finish?

It's out of the workshop and winging its way to Aberdeen at the moment, I believe. It's not going to be too dissimilar to the one in the video. Same light walnut stain. Logo will be in the bottom corner of the front panel, kinda similar to the photo you posted with the two cats. Same electronics etc.

Hoping it will be available for collection as I pass through the airport next week. Very glossy photos to follow.

It looks like a toaster. Do report back on it though! I took a new pic of the siblings today. Made by the same guy so i guess I can call them that :p Just need to think of names now....

Names? Rocksteady and Bebop?

You're right, the amp does look like a toaster, or some sort of table top heater. I like the 100% cosmetic "tube glow" they have included. I've not played one actually, but I watched a ton of videos and read reviews of this amp, and other amps around this price bracket, and went for this in the end, just due to how versatile it is. It has a dedicated channel for bass, and a flat EQ channel for synths, mic's other stuff. It has stereo output, so it doubles up as a high-end ipod dock, and isn't effected by the EQ, so I cank crank the gain and wail some solos over some power ballads. Acts as an interface for recording too, plugging straight into my laptop via USB. This thing does it all. Can't wait for it to arrive.

That headstock on the left is horrible, sorry!

That headstock on the left is horrible, sorry!

As much as I would love to get all butthurt about it - not my favourite either. Reverse headstocks aren't my favourite aesthetically or practically but I bought it when it was completed so couldn't be like 'change the beadstock' - so when buying the 2nd guitar. I did get him to change it :D

I bet it sounds awesome to strum when you go "chugga chug. chug chug brriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing"

I can't tell if the joke is directed at the headstock looking metulz (which it doesn't, it is basically just a modified reversed parker fly headstock and actually looks reasonably elegant compared to the weapons BC Rich put on their guitars) or a dig at the number of strings. I disapprove of both. Everyone who assumes 7/8 string guitars are just for chugging should go jump off a cliff.

• Upvote 1

As much as I would love to get all butthurt about it - not my favourite either. Reverse headstocks aren't my favourite aesthetically or practically but I bought it when it was completed so couldn't be like 'change the beadstock' - so when buying the 2nd guitar. I did get him to change it :D

Yeah the guitar itsself is absolutely lovely, just dont like that head stock at all, its the cut away bit i dont really like.

I can't tell if the joke is directed at the headstock looking metulz (which it doesn't, it is basically just a modified reversed parker fly headstock and actually looks reasonably elegant compared to the weapons BC Rich put on their guitars) or a dig at the number of strings. I disapprove of both. Everyone who assumes 7/8 string guitars are just for chugging should go jump off a cliff.

I wasn't ripping the piss. I was talking about when you strum up at the headstock to get a high pitched squeely noise. It must be awesome on that thing. The chugs were there because that's normally when you'd do such an action surely.

I thought it was a compliment. Surely it must totally chug like fuck? and I thought the "briiiiiing" was a pinch harmonic, which I never disapprove of. I love a good squeeeeel.

He basically just wrote out a generic -core riff though, and plenty of them put pinch harmonics in/after breakdown riffs. I just assumed it was that!

It does indeed chug but a lot of the users are jazz or shred/lead stype players who want more range. Personally I just like effectively having a guitar in low tuned guitar and a standard tuning on one instrument (in normal tuning the it is BEADGBE so effecitvely B standard and E and very easy to change to drop A and E . Means less time fucking about with tunings plus you can play a versatile range of stuff on it. Bridge humbucker is coil tapped on it so can get some pretty good clean tones out of it.

Anyone can tune a guitar low and make generic chug riffs, no matter how many strings are on it. Stick a baritone neck on a 6 and huge strings and it could easily tune to the same as standard tuning for an 8.

I wasn't ripping the piss. I was talking about when you strum up at the headstock to get a high pitched squeely noise. It must be awesome on that thing. The chugs were there because that's normally when you'd do such an action surely.

Maybe it is just me but I don't do that.... no offence taken though. But anyway here is some brutal 8 string metulz to conform to the stereotype and his equally heavy band.

The Yamaha THR10 arrived last night. That thing pushes some serious air for a 10watt practice amp. It sounds mighty. The stereo output makes my bedroom feel like the tone is coming out of the walls. All the different channels are grand, especially the high gain one, which is ridiculous. I can do pinch harmonics without even trying. The dedicated Bass channel has a very surprisingly amount of low end. AUX input works a treat too, and my iPod sounds better than it does through my iPod dock. I can downsize my shitty guitar and bass combos and ipod dock and use the THR10 for everything.

The onboard effects are good too, which I didn't expect. A nice decaying delay and OTT hall reverb. Bitchin! It comes with a copy of Cubase too, and the whole amp doubles up as a USB interface for recording my hot licks.

I was blasting it this morning, playing Downset riffs at 7am. I didn't want to go to work.

• Upvote 1