aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Ayr getting stuck back down on second place after getting beaten by Brechin.

Spoke to one of the Brechin fans I occasionally go for lunch with on a Monday who was at the game: said that you were well beaten, though only because Duffy stuck 10 men behind the ball the whole game!

When do you lot leave Somerset Park again?

When do you lot leave Somerset Park again?

They're not anymore. The developer pulled out of the deal due to the delays waiting for planning permission. In the current climate, I'm sure it'll be a while before the prospect of a move raises it's head again.

He was only playing against Ayr though.... ;)

That'll be Ayr 'the only team in Scotland not to lost at home this season' United, I think you'll find ;)

As for the new stadium it was a complete debacle from start to finish, the council didn't give a shit about the stadium (probably all Killie fans) and it's made even worse by some muppet deciding to have 'Somerset Park 1888-2009' printed on this season's strip. A quick bit of tippex should easily change the zero to an eight for a more realistic timescale.

That'll be Ayr 'the only team in Scotland not to lost at home this season' United, I think you'll find ;)

I had that in our Tartan Army supporters bus quiz down to the Iceland game :up:

I know everyone will be fawning over another exciting game involving Liverpool over the next few hours, but if you get the chance watch the highlights of the Real Madrid v. Getafe match!! Absolutely incredible. I won't spoil it by giving away the scoreline, but the end had everything... red cards, the worst assualt on a football pitch i've seen this decade, the worst penalty i've seen this decade (even worse than Berbatov's!) and an incredible injury time winner. Fantastic entertainment, made better by the Sky Sports commentator for the Liverpool game saying "Only the English Premiership can offer entertainment like this!" just as I switched back over from La Liga :up:

Best game ever.

Not true at all.

Football's about defending as much as scoring goals, and neither team was defending tonight...

On the bright side, Stevie G looked depressed as fuck - I thought he was gonna whip out a razor blade and hack away at his wrist there and then...

i'd still rather watch cambridge lose at home to forest green in the flesh than watch a 4-4 draw between a bunch of over paid foreigners on the telly any day of the week but thats the kind of guy i am i suppose!

The kind of guy who believes his own lies. I envy you sir.

• Upvote 1