aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Nervy last few minutes but a HUGE 3 points today for us :)

Strange forward line, but Morais really proved his worth. Still wouldn't like to see the same pairing against the Dons next week though...

Unfortunately i'll be at a Stag Doo in Inverness all day next saturday, so i'll have to miss the usual borefest and subsequent gloat/moan from both sets of supporters. Small mercies eh!?

Garay, Milito and Rodriguez are pretty good but they've been injured too.

Aye, Gonzalo Rodriguez is a good and Milito's aright. Don't know much about Garayto be honest. Unfortunately, as you say, those guys have been injured so Argentina are left with Nicola Burdisso and other such garbage. I actually think they'd be better off with Cambiasso or even Zanetti at centre-back, purely because they're both incredibly intelligent players who wouldn't let them down.

If they sort their defence out, they should win the World Cup in 2010. If not, they're hit or miss. Their attack is outrageously good and Cambiasso and Mascherano are fantastic protection for any vaguely competent backline, but i wouldn't place any faith in their defence.

Guest idol_wild

Collicini has been below par his entire career - it's quite literally hype that has got him as far as he's gone. This season has found him out completely.

Average international player at the very best.

But he did well in his homeland, which makes men out of mice consistently.

I have never seen him play a solid 90 minutes. And I've seen him a lot - even before signing for Newcastle.

In my opinion, he's no better than someone like Michael Turner at Hull. Nancy boy.

Collicini has been below par his entire career - it's quite literally hype that has got him as far as he's gone. This season has found him out completely.

Average international player at the very best.

But he did well in his homeland, which makes men out of mice consistently.

I have never seen him play a solid 90 minutes. And I've seen him a lot - even before signing for Newcastle.

In my opinion, he's no better than someone like Michael Turner at Hull. Nancy boy.

I'd take Turner over Colo any day of the week.

Honest to God, Titus Bramble was a better centre back for us. Titus was bloody awful most of the time but he always seemed to pull out an absolutely storming performance against teams like Chelsea and Arsenal, whereas I've seen maybe two or three Colo performances this season where he hasn't been utter mince.

He seems to have no attributes whatsoever. He can't time a challenge, his positioning is dire, any time an attacker shows a whiff of physicality he shits himself and he's flat-flooted as hell. We can't have somebody like that playing at the back in the midst of a relegation battle.

We came from behind to record a win at Alloa for what I think is the first time we've won there since they put the plastic down.

We had the tactics all wrong in the first half (partly due to having nae players) and Alloa went ahead through a very good solo goal from Dougie Wilson. When we finally went with two up front we improved dramatically and ironically the best thing that happened was we got another injury.

On went Kozi, and he scored the leveller with a neat finish. End to end stuff was order of the day later on, but eventually Callum Macdonald, aided by hid handball in the buildup, banged home the winner.

Playoffs look seriously on :-)

Airdrie (United, sorry) 1-1 Dunfermline

Twice in a week we nick a point at the death. This is a nightmare league, we could still either be promoted or relegated, it's tighter than a fish's arse and I mean watertight. Still, 4th Hampden* semi in 5 years coming up soon, and it's against Them...

:up:

* For Tango's benefit, Hampden is in Glasgow.

Conflicting feelings over the Falkirk v. Rangers game:

The 25 I have on a Rangers win and the greater chance of ICT safety, is wanting Falkirk to get pumped.

But at the moment i'm cheering on Falkirk; as the simply clueless cretins in the Rangers support are (as usual) p*ssing me off no end with their 'little ditties' and brand new anti Tartan Army songs.

I see that weekly comic NOTW is saying that it is a daily record conspiracy to get Ferguson and other Rangers players in trouble... that'll be the NOTW where Barry Ferguson and his biographer writes for. I'm glad Burley put the 'Swallygate 2' on the bench so the TA could let them know exactly how they feel on Wednesday...

1-0 Rankers btw, with Kris Boyd (who can only score against the diddy teams) getting the tap in. No '6 fingered salute' this time though, as he's a wee bit more scared of Walter than PLG.

well at least you didnt lose at home to forest fucking green in a game you were expected to win comfortably. i'm still holding my head in shame. the referee was a wanker mind, a bigger wanker than usual, worst this season at the abbey and thats quite a fucking achievement. all the good work done in the past couple of months shattered over 90 mins - we were sloppy all match, so disappointed, a bad result really brings you down to earth!

shame for newcastle, shearer has a lot of work to save them from the drop now. stoke will be on a high after turfing over west brom. unfortunately there's too many over priced nambi pambi's like Coloccini who simply don't understand what a relegation fight is all about. same can be said for a lot of the british lads as well like owen, butt, smith etc who are more used to being at the top end of the table, turning up at teams like stoke and winning without breaking sweat. but maybe a season in the championship might not be so bad, get back to winning ways inject a bit of confidence into the club???

man utd were pretty outplayed today according to the commentary but still managed to sneak a win jammy gits!

man utd were pretty outplayed today according to the commentary but still managed to sneak a win jammy gits!

Yup, all three goals were of wonderful quality, in fact all the goals in the game were good. But where the 5 (actually 6 mins) of added on time came from I'm not entirely sure.

Milner walking across the pitch after taking a knock instead of getting treatment at the nearest sideline. That hogged up a good couple of minutes. So did Barry's injury, and Villa's substitutions, which is expected since they were winning, so they were in no rush. It happens. It just came back to bite them a little.

It's a shame for Villa. They really rattled ManYoo, and made a makeshift defence even more cagey than it already was. Every single Villa break had the potential to lead to a goal, and so many of them could have if the linesman hadn't have flagged them incorrectly offside on 3 or more occasions. But it's human error, and it happens all the time.

Still, I just can't stand Liverpool, so I'd rather United won the league.