aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

See the Dons have raised ticket prices again next season. Prices for 2009-10:

Main Stand - 27

RD Stand - 22

South stand - 22

Plus an extra pound if it's against Rangers or Celtic :down:

That's starting to edge towards extortionate. I know it's only a pound raise from last season, but when you think about it, it's still 22 to watch one fucking match!

I didn't realise how expensive it was to go to an Aberdeen game. It was about 26 this season to go to Ibrox for a match. That price rarely changes dependant on the team and it's the same for each stand.

I don't know how teams expect people to go so often and to the various cup games when it's so expensive!!

only cambridge united can play a whole half against 10 men and lose 3-1.... even more gutting is that we were by far the better team 1st half before the sending off! fucking football is not an easy business!

So, Fergie has predicted "wholesale changes" to his side that faces a very desperate Middlesboro today. I think he's being a little hasty underestimating anyone at this stage of the season, but he's the boss. I imagine it'll be Foster or Koolshack in goal. Maybe one of the awesome Da Silva's at full back at least. Gibson and Possebon marshalling the centre of midfield with the ageing overrated Scholes helping out, and one-foot Wellbeck and Fluke-ico Macheda banging in 5 goals each. a 10-0 away win will have the bookies shutting up shop and Pogatetz eating every football in sight, because he's as mad as a fucking window.

It's going to be a great day of football.

only cambridge united can play a whole half against 10 men and lose 3-1.... even more gutting is that we were by far the better team 1st half before the sending off! fucking football is not an easy business!

:laughing:

Straight from the Tom Hendrie school of utter denial, I'm still laughing over that post you made about an unlucky 6-0 defeat...

Is it true that Cambridge are so unlucky they once lost 3-1 after drawing 2-2 at half-time?

:up:

:laughing:

Straight from the Tom Hendrie school of utter denial, I'm still laughing over that post you made about an unlucky 6-0 defeat...

Is it true that Cambridge are so unlucky they once lost 3-1 after drawing 2-2 at half-time?

:up:

ha ha the only unlucky 6-0 defeat i can recall was against brentford in 1995, when we had a man sent off and they scored all six in the last 25 mins after the sending off!

there was nothing unlucky about losing that 2nd half 3-1. we were compehensively outplayed by 10 men.

Just home from Todders. Had a free ticket from work :)

Considine had a shocker today, Foster was quite good, Aluko was great in patches and invisible in others, Langfield was solid.

Pie was good, Celtic fans were their usual clueless selves (see Foster's passback to keeper with his knee), Red Ultras are looking less and less in number and age, and a nice 15 winnings on a pre-match bet.

Terrible, weak performance. Considine had a holocaust and is so cumbersome it's nae true, Mulgrew's delivery was 90% garbage, Kerr and MacDonald went missing in the second half, Aluko was infuriating, Severin was uncharacteristically dodgy and Foster's distribution was embarrassing, just for a change. Tommy Wright's performance was a pleasant surprise.

The most frustrating thing is that nobody bar that tubby midget and Hesselink was any good for them today.

Is it my imagination or have rrrrrrasellick only got 2 songs now?

Good shitting grief. This "El Classico" is a beaut. The attacking display is exceedingly commendable but something has to be said about the defenses. a Liga just don't have the defenses. How can some of these through balls ever manage to get through? Puyol is just terrible. He just watched that ball rainbow over his head. What was Sergio Ramos thinking, trying to bicycle kick that through ball? What a plonker. He's got the pace to chase that ball and push Henry out of the picture. This game could finish 10 goals a piece, and it would be fully justified.

Good shitting grief. This "El Classico" is a beaut. The attacking display is exceedingly commendable but something has to be said about the defenses. a Liga just don't have the defenses. How can some of these through balls ever manage to get through? Puyol is just terrible. He just watched that ball rainbow over his head. What was Sergio Ramos thinking, trying to bicycle kick that through ball? What a plonker. He's got the pace to chase that ball and push Henry out of the picture. This game could finish 10 goals a piece, and it would be fully justified.

Holy shittin bumflaps! Just saw the final score. I really regret not watching it now.

Wonderful day of football!

Watched the St Midden v. ICT score come in on Soccer Saturday... Ross Tokely with the winner as well! The Methadome residents will still be spitting blood from that one (see Chris Kerr tackle many years ago).

Then drunkenly watch El Classico making purring noises at every amazing move and goal.

Good times :)

Nae luck Elgin btw.

I think it was 4 - 2 when I was forced to stop watching this game cos my Girlfriends rents decided it was time to watch Britains got talent.

Not. Fucking. Cool. :down: