aberdeen-music

The Mighty Boosh coming to AECC

Lemonade

I knew this'd happen. In a Boosh-ticket-frenzy in December, I decided that 'cos they weren't coming here, I'd settle for seeing them in Edinburgh, London and Glasgow, spending money I don't have to do so. Screw it, I'll have to see them here, it'd be weird not doing so!

I was 67 for two with booking fees and postage. Sir, I believe you've been ripped off. I did think they were a tad on the pricey side but Coogan is potentially my favourite comedian of all time and I seriously doubt I'd get to see him again in such a convenient location.

by 7 quid?

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Am I the only person in the world that just doesn't find The Mighty Boosh funny?

Nah, it's shit. Also, why does every girl in the world find Noel Fielding funny? He's like that moronic dickhead that you hated in class who made fuckwit comments and EVERYONE laughed...despite the fact that they were never funny, and you just wanted to punch them in the face.

His appearances in Nathan Barley were low-points of the entire series and cemented my opinion that he's just a one-dimensional, unfunny dickhead.

I like Noel, but I hate being tarred with the same brush as his screaming fangirls (y'know, the NOEL FIELDING IS BLATEZ PHITT BLAD types... who don't know who Julian Barratt is.) I much prefer Julian!

It's one of those things I get defensive about now that it's quite big. "You weren't there, maaaan, you didn't hear the radio series, maaan!"

I know quite a few people who don't like it 'cos they watch an episode and go "I don't get it." I don't think there's much to "get", really ?(

i don't find it exceptionally funny, although there has been bits thats made me laugh, but nothing more that a normal comedy tv. Dunno why its got such a cult following. For the people who like it... fair doo's but the people who like it because it's popular get a fucking life.

The sense of humour in it just really appeals to me. Sometimes things just appeal to certain people and can tickle them greatly while others think it's shit. eg I think the League of Gentlemen is tripe, and also the Fast Show, but other people love it. I can sit through an entire Scary Movie film without laughing once. Morecambe and Wise I find about as funny as cot death. But put me in front of Peep Show and you'll have to pick me up off the floor by the end of it. Or I can watch a Jack Dee stand up show for like the 10th time and still be completely unable to breathe by the end of it, tho my girlfriend doesn't find him that funny. But then sometimes you don't see the comedy in something. I find American Psycho funny as hell because I really get the Pat Bateman character, but other people just see a bloodbath and wonder why I'm laughing every time he speaks. I guess that was a long way of saying:

Different strokes for different folks.

but the people who like it because it's popular get a fucking life.

It's more the fact that people DON'T like it because it's popular now :down:

Boosh is like a live action cartoon for me. It's a good laugh. Fielding is the star however I prefer Julian Barratt's performance. He's great in just about everything I've seen him in - he brings loads of "real" stuff to his character (as does Fielding. of course.)

Naboo's permanent deadpan delivery is the highlight for me, though. And Bollo. When he got baked off the brownies in the last series I fell off the chair laughing.

Milky Joe is still my favourite!

Did anyone see the documentary on BBC 3 regarding the making of the Boosh the other day? Might have been a repeat. Was pretty insightful and funny.

You can see why folk don't like it - fair enough. It's just a bit of silly comedy at the end of the day. That's now raking in millions!!

yes i watched it last night on bbc3

i can understand original fans getting annoyed by people liking it because its popular and like a trend maybe, but yes there are genuine people like elwood who were late in discovering it and liking it genuinely. however people who pretend like it because their mates like it or to keep in with the banter at work pfffT!

if you genuinley like something its a bit sad not liking it because its popular

its just like how fall out boy and mcr make the top of the charts and everyone is listening to them, but the listeners wouldn't give another band in same genre a listen to cause it isnt popular

i have given this program a decent chance and not passing it off. some jokes i like was the gorrilla playing bass like mark king and the picture of the kittens for comfort

I was feeling pretty apathetic about the Boosh until Saturday night when I sat and watched a bunch of episodes before going out. Can't remember the name of it, but the one with the Crimp Off in series 3 had me and my mate falling about the place and put me in such an awesome mood for the night.

Julian is far superior to Noel. In looks, character and he gets all the best lines too. I would happily marry Howard Moon.

I hate when people turn round and slate stuff when it gets popular. I love when something I like gets more coverage, it means I can get excited about it with more people. Flight of the Conchords is a prime example.

Julian is far superior to Noel. In looks, character and he gets all the best lines too. I would happily marry Howard Moon.

There's a queue here! Although, I'd happily take Fulcher an' all. Everything he says makes me piss myself. Ever seen Snuff Box with him and Sir Matt of Berry? \|/

image.php?u=381&dateline=1195011228

It took me one day to grow this moustache...

Can I do a bit of bragging now? I've been ever-so-good 'til now. I have hugged that man! Matt Berry is truly brilliant!

Got tickets. It was a bit odd that I didn't get told my seat numbers though :(

Yeah, TrinityStreet are cunts and like to leave you in the loop. I dunno where I'm sitting for Aberdeen, Glasgow or Edinburgh, but am told that presale tickets are the best seats ?(

Bought tickets for London from ticketweb and know where I'm sitting for that.