aberdeen-music

Download 2008

boom stick

There's a lot of people pissing and moaning on the Download forums. I say get over it! Yes The Offspring haven't released anything that will ever top Ignition/Smash, but they certainly are headliners, they have been around long enough. They also put on an amazing show. Kiss is just great for the novelty value alone - I don't care who is in the band, I'm also there for a good time and if I get to hear Strutter and Detroit Rock City I'll go home happy lol. I personally don't like Lost Prophets but you can't like all the headliners.

Only disapointment is Judas Priest not being one of the main headliners, they should swop with LP

judas priest deserve to headline over both offspring and lost prophets

but its the same every year

last year i thought motley crew, machine head and slayer deserved being a head line act over linkin park and my chemical romance

and feeder in 05????

but its what the kiddies want = more money

Judas Priest not headlining is definately a joke. Ahh well if they clash with Kiss the organisers will have hell to pay. Lost Prophets aren't as bad as MCR last year but still don't deserve to be up there, second stage maybe. Those minor things aside it should be a laugh as always

It's not my definition but most people seem to think that bands such as lostprophets are a joke and not a proper band as they style themselves and appeal to a market of underagers rather than the bands some people grew up with such as motorhead who are all about the music and fck style and self presentation.

It's just a thought, not my view in particular.

Lostprophets are one of the UKs biggest acts - why on earth shouldn't they be headlining? They put on a pretty damn good show, have a load of proper stadium/festival sized anthems, and I reck will go down a treat.

The Offspring have done fuck all for years - I'm surprised they can still fill a headline slot.

Motorhead are great, but not "big" enough to headline, Judas Priest are too small too.

Pretty much what I expected.

Similar to last year when they have bands that blatently do not deserrve to be there and especially not headlining (Lost Prophets - like My Chemical Romance) and legendary bands i.e Judas Priest - probably end up being the same as Korn last year as they end playing shorter sets to what will probably end up being a larger crowd.

Kiss are good fun, Judas Priest I would really like to see, HIM are ok but I cannot justify 170-180 or whatever it is when, for the same price I can afford my transport + ticket to a mainland european festival and enjoy a larger proportion of the bands.

Bloodstock deffinately for me again this year.

Wacken perhaps will be possible.

Aye, think Download's gonna be a miss for me this year, more bands coming through every few days, but still at this stage in proceedings the only acts i actually really want to see are The Offspring and In Flames, the rest i would watch if i just happened to be in the same room as them and they just happened to be playing, but im not spending what would probably end up being nearer 3-400 quid for the experience.