aberdeen-music

amazing local graffiti

Stripey

Guest Steven Dedalus

Those pictures are great.

If I had a camera (and, indeed, if it was still there) I would post a picture of the inscription "Sex is Gay" that some wag has written in the lift of the Seamus Heaney library in Queen's University Belfast.

Or the words "Bono Shat Here" from the Trinity College toilets in Dublin.

Or the bit of graffiti in the toilets that used to be in Ma Camerons (before they tarted it up) which was a long and rambling note from a feller from Edinburgh who was advertising his services for the ladies attention, and underneath, someone had written "Why did you write this in the men's toilets, you bawbag."

It made me laugh.

Because I am purile.

• 2 weeks later...

But Stripey is right in saying that it speaks volumes of the "underground 'culture'"...

but, he'd also slag off any "good" graffiti ... because it's "probably" a copy of something he's seen before...or a similar style or...you get the picture.

Moral of the story? (Keep everying you do to yourself, and no one can say anything (good or bad) about it - OR... only dish stuff out to people that you know, and will only tell you what you do is good).

It's the way forwards to an open, honest and vibrant underground....cul....ture....oh..hold on.. no it isn't!

The sperm which made me came from Laurencekirk...it is a sacred place for me. The sperm donor occasionally regales me with tales of the guy who owned the chipper in the 1930s....Lou Cabrelli, I think it was.

I have happy memories of going into 'the Economic Stores' to buy cheap packets of cowboys & indians.

No graffiti is good enough for the lang toun of Conveth!

Aberdeen uni male toilets, pretty ,uch any building has some amusing graffiti

Agreed, nothing like reading drivel on the walls of a place of 'Higher Education'.

My favourites were the tally games

<insert celebrity>: Vaginal / Anal / BJ / etc... and you'd tally the collumns

As for individualised graffitti:

"<some poor guys name> had sex with a vegetable samosa"

Agreed, nothing like reading drivel on the walls of a place of 'Higher Education'.

My favourites were the tally games

<insert celebrity>: Vaginal / Anal / BJ / etc... and you'd tally the collumns

As for individualised graffitti:

"<some poor guys name> had sex with a vegetable samosa"

Aye, there were some hilariously ludicrous stuff there in my day...

I shagged the sexy Librarian, it was crap

I hate trial separations

Lynne ---- is a dog, call her mutton-face

The sperm which made me came from Laurencekirk...it is a sacred place for me. The sperm donor occasionally regales me with tales of the guy who owned the chipper in the 1930s....Lou Cabrelli, I think it was.

I have happy memories of going into 'the Economic Stores' to buy cheap packets of cowboys & indians.

No graffiti is good enough for the lang toun of Conveth!

A friend of mine regales me with a story about the Rolling Stones stopping at a (the ?) hotel in Laurencekirk on their way further north for a gig in the early '60s. They didn't play an impromptu gig or anything else of note really, they just stopped for a piss or something, and that's enough for a cracking story.