aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whit a game. Josh Walker looks a player and Tango got some tactics right! Unlucky with the penalty too, I almost wanted you mob to win at one point. Almost.

You'll get humped in Munich right enough, but at least you'll have your pride.

true story. i don't think munich expected that and we've probably made it harder to go over there now. they'll either rape us or just shut up shop completely and defend their two away goals. it's all worth it for that first 45 minutes though. never in my wildest dreams did i expect to go into half time winning 2-1.

Whit a game. Josh Walker looks a player and Tango got some tactics right! Unlucky with the penalty too, I almost wanted you mob to win at one point. Almost.

You'll get humped in Munich right enough, but at least you'll have your pride.

Have we not been written off before every UEFA game so far, especially this one, which was understandable given recent performances.

I have never been so tense and nervous at a match as I was in the first half. What is it with going into the lead that makes it all the more unbearable to sit through? Also, can anyone explain to me how the fuck we can play like that one week and then be as drivel as drivel gets the next?! They have gone some way to winning me over again but still a little work to be done on the domestic side. Enough of that though lets just bask for a while. I saw on another forum that someone stated a stat that Aberdeen 'have the best record against Bayern Munich of any club in the world ever!'

:)

heading off to munich on monday...after not really caring about the result i actually feel as if we COULD have gone through - against bayern munich :O

anyway im the opposite from ghost of fudge i thought the whole game went by in the blink of an eye.

thoughts on the game have been discussed til im sore in the throat in the pub but i think we're out now. but we've done well. or something like tht

It's only when you see Toni in person that you fully realise that he is in fact an 8 storey brick shithouse. Which, incidentally, is a very good reason not to drop deep against him and Klose, but I'm nae going to do too much tactical whining.

I don't think it's entirely fair to say our defence was a "shambles", it's just that Toni's unplayable. If you can name me 3 defenders in the world who could compete with him physically I'd be surprised.

I don't think it's entirely fair to say our defence was a "shambles", it's just that Toni's unplayable. If you can name me 3 defenders in the world who could compete with him physically I'd be surprised.

I'm not doubting that Toni is unplayable.

I'm merely stating that our defence was all over the shop.

Too much room, defending too deep, not marking up on the wings (Lee Mair in the first 15mins especially, although he made a few wonder tackles as the game progressed).

The amount of last ditch tackles we put in was frightening.

On another night, Bayern would have ripped us a new arsehole.

I'm not putting us down at all though, thought it was a magnificent first half performace overall. I merely think we are missing a bit of experience at the back (not to mention a settled formation for a few games).

:)

Guest idol_wild

To be fair to our defence, we had a right-back who is severely lacking in match practice and brand new to the club, two ridiculously young centre-backs, and an incompetent centre-back playing at left-back. Playing against two big, strong, mobile, World Class centre-forwards. One of which is a World Cup winner.

I expected to ship at least 4 goals. So all in all, our defence did brilliantly. Langfield had little to do. In fact, I'd say our defence looked more secure than Bayern's at times.

Aluko's nutmeg on Lucio was fucking priceless.

Lee Miller was outstanding. And Mackie's sheer workrate was good to see. Roughing up some arrogant centre-backs who thought they'd stroll it.

Well done, Dandies.

To be fair to our defence, we had a right-back who is severely lacking in match practice and brand new to the club, two ridiculously young centre-backs, and an incompetent centre-back playing at left-back. Playing against two big, strong, mobile, World Class centre-forwards. One of which is a World Cup winner.

I expected to ship at least 4 goals. So all in all, our defence did brilliantly. Langfield had little to do. In fact, I'd say our defence looked more secure than Bayern's at times.

Aluko's nutmeg on Lucio was fucking priceless.

Lee Miller was outstanding. And Mackie's sheer workrate was good to see. Roughing up some arrogant centre-backs who thought they'd stroll it.

Well done, Dandies.

Lee Miller rolling over the ball was hilarious. The fact that he did it twice and they never caught on was great! Wasn't big fan of Mackie tonight but you can't fault anyone for the way they played as we were up against one of the best clubs in Europe.