aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild
I wonder where exactly they're putting all 6 (aye, 6) of the Russians?

In the Main Stand, where they had the Dnipro fans and officials, probably. I really wish they had a big crew coming. It makes a European tie more interesting.

Hopefully Copenhagen will have a big support with them (though I still doubt it).

I'm sitting 5 rows from the front in the South Stand. I'm going to get wet and cold.

I remember being in Amsterdam chilling in a cafe when a big group of Copenhagen fans stormed in in full voice. They were playing Ajax that night. They kind of ruined the stoner vibe of the coffee shop, but they seemed like pretty good crack. I'd imagine they'll bring a decent crowd to Pittodrie, they seem like a strong support, it's not that far away and the game could be vital depending on tonight's results.

I remember being in Amsterdam chilling in a cafe when a big group of Copenhagen fans stormed in in full voice. They were playing Ajax that night. They kind of ruined the stoner vibe of the coffee shop, but they seemed like pretty good crack. I'd imagine they'll bring a decent crowd to Pittodrie, they seem like a strong support, it's not that far away and the game could be vital depending on tonight's results.

I remember being in a small pub in Copenhagen when the FC Ko and Brondby hooligans started hurling glasses at each other from five yards. All the blood, broken glass and screaming girls kind of ruined the vibe there too!

In the Main Stand, where they had the Dnipro fans and officials, probably. I really wish they had a big crew coming. It makes a European tie more interesting.

I'm sitting 5 rows from the front in the South Stand. I'm going to get wet and cold.

Aye I would have guessed that, just wondered whether they might have done it differently for such a small group.

I walked right up King Street and back again today and I nearly died. Strongly suggest that the South doesn't just sit on its arse and freeze its collective tits aff.

Guest idol_wild

I'm really up for this game. Fuck the weather. Strangely, it'll probably suit our visitors more than it will us!

Lokomotiv are a very good side; apparently Chelsea have shown interest in two of their players and a rumoured fee of 20million euros has been projected for the two of them. That's what we're up against.

But fuck it. With a bit of luck, and a tight defensive display, we can win this. Although with this weather I fancy Clangers to drop a clanger!

I'm really up for this game. Fuck the weather. Strangely, it'll probably suit our visitors more than it will us!

Lokomotiv are a very good side; apparently Chelsea have shown interest in two of their players and a rumoured fee of 20million euros has been projected for the two of them. That's what we're up against.

But fuck it. With a bit of luck, and a tight defensive display, we can win this. Although with this weather I fancy Clangers to drop a clanger!

Neil Cooper said after watching them that they're worth nothing like 20 million.

Guest idol_wild
Aye, but remember Chelsea tend to pay vastly inflated prices for anyone they sign......

They can still judge a player. The fact that Chelsea are interested full stop suggests to me that they are players with genuine calibre.

Monetary value aside.

Just what goes through Jimmy Calderwood's head between games?!:stupid: Chris Clark and the weather hinder the Dons! And Severin, and Foster... Should've bloody won that game! Horrible weather for a good game though.

Chris Clark, cheesh. Fucking knew JC would do that. Damned frustrating. He's a "smashing lad" though. New position in the Aberdeen team=smashing lad?:swearing::swearing::swearing:

aye i fucking knew he'd play him. dont want to have too much of a go at Jimmy cos i still want him as a manager but it is so fucking frustrating the way he has his favourites - evidently hinders us as the team HAS to accommodate Severin, Clark, Mackie and Young. i really feel sorry for the likes of Touzani and Jeffery. it was Clark's needless clearence that led to the corner for their goal as well! really not a fan of Christina Clark!!!

negatives aside. i thought Locomotiv were a technically very good side and they passed the ball around very very well at times, and it was hard for us to get at it for long periods. says it all then that i feel we could have won this game. a bit more luck and we certainly could have.

its going to be very hard to qualify now (im not sure what the scenarios are but i cant imagine there are very many that will see us going through with 4 points), and while i didnt expect to go through at first i have a feeling we'll look back (especially at these first two games) and think of it is as a case of what might've been.