aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

Madrid Ticket Details Announced

Aberdeen Football Club has announced details regarding the selling of its ticket allocation for the UEFA Cup Group B match in Spain against Athletico Madrid on Thursday 29th November.

Tickets will go on sale on Saturday 10th November from 9 am.

While the Pittodrie Club has currently received 3,000 tickets for the match, a number considerably less than the amount of supporters estimated to be intending to travel, negotiations are continuing with Atletico in a bid to have the amount increased. The La Liga side had originally awarded Aberdeen an allocation of 1,100, unaware of the size of the demand from the Red Army.

In the meantime, the tickets guaranteed will go on sale at 9 am on Saturday 10th November to season ticket holders, shareholders with 260 shares or more and fans who were at either of the recent away Dnipro or Panathinaikos games. A MAXIMUM OF TWO TICKETS per person will be allowed, meaning one supporter can buy for one other person although both individuals must meet the criteria above. Also both supporters receiving tickets have to supply names and addresses, passport number, method of travel and name of hotel in which they will be residing, if already known.

It is ESSENTIAL you have all this information when purchasing the tickets so you can fill out the form which all supporters are required to do under UEFA guidelines. The form is available to download below and can also be obtained from the Pittodrie ticket office. Failure to do so will mean you will not get a ticket.

Click here to download the Atletico Madrid Ticket Application Form

Season ticket holders should also take along their season ticket cards.

Official Supporters Clubs meanwhile are being allocated a portion of tickets depending on their individual circumstances regarding historical purchase patterns.

If you already have a ticket through one of the two official flights, or through a supporters club you will be excluded from purchasing tickets.

In accordance with UEFA regulations Aberdeen are strongly advising supporters not to buy tickets for the home section. The club cannot guarantee your safety and cannot guarantee you will gain access to the stadium.

Tickets, which cost 27 each, can be bought at the Pittodrie Ticket Office or by telephone on 087 1983 1903. On this day it will be Madrid tickets only on sale.

Please be aware that it will take time to process each sale.

thats been expected i suppose

might have to buy a season ticket to boost chances of getting a ticket :s

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Why, of course!

I'm not too confident though. Going through for ther Livi game tomorrow, with the reasoning that we can't play any worse than in the last two games...

Can't say I'm too confident either, this is the worst we've been since the days of I*** M****. Still, it can't get much worse, surely...

:up:

Guest idol_wild

Well, if you want to win the cup you have to deal with the Huns/ tic sooner or later.

And we did for them in the semis last time we won the cup. So lets just do it.

That's a good point. But it'd be nice to get to a cup final the easy way! :up::popcorn:

Guest idol_wild
With Explosions In The Sky around that time tooooo. May have to have a few days in Glasgow...

Fuck yeah! Good idea. Oh, and my girlfriend lives in Glasgow too. A few days in Glasgow it is!

Just hope they don't kick langfield in the jaw in the opening minutes like they did to Leighton the last time we played there.

Ha, was still a good day though. At least we will have a substitute keeper this time.

Remember all that "Wear orange to celebrate all our Dutch players" crap that day?

The atmosphere was like a fucking morgue last night, absolutely awful. I would say that a draw was a fair result, 4-1 is a joke. Aberdeen were terrible, and we were slightly better.

"You only sing when you're winning" ...aye, they never started at all. 4 goals and all 6-7,000 fans can do is sit in silence.

4 goals and all 6-7,000 fans can do is sit in silence.

Sounds like the St Mirren game a few weeks ago.

To be honest though how can you say you were better when you gave away 2 solid penalties (according to all the match reports I read this morning) and your keeper gifted us another one? If you do that you deserve to lose.

I didn't say we deserved to win, we were slightly better overall. I haven't seen any footage of the two penalties either, so I can't comment on whether or not they were deserved. We created more chances, we were the better attacking force (although Aluko was by far your best player going forward), there was a quite a few good opportunities for us. If Cowie (I think that's who it was) had scored after 2 minutes then things could have been very different.