aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it means "We Play White".

Which could mean they play in a white strip or could be something more sinister. The picture below the slogan could sadly point to the latter.

Someone at work today was saying it was to do with a rival team (he didn't say who), purchasing a black player.

4 - 0 the Dandies!! Thought we looked a bit tired the day as well, but stil its a good sign when yer team play pish and still hump a team 4 - 0!!

Miller took his second well though, and it was a pity Nicholson missed his shot to make it 5, i think he should have been man of the match!!

All in all a happy dons supporter!! :up:

(Although 12 and a half thousand was a bit of a let down)!!:down:

They love a bit of racism over there though, anyone remember this?

...and not some Zumba-Bumba whom they took off a tree, gave him two bananas and now he plays in the Ukrainian League

Ah, good wholesome and unashamed racism.

Some of our Eastern European cousins do seem a little behind the times. I imagine (but don't actually know so correct me if I'm wrong) that racism in football grouds is pretty widespread and not punished "over there" and is only brought to wider attention in international competitions.

Is the banner on the right a man wielding a giant sausage?

It looks more line a giant cock (which is rather apt) and the banner with it's (very) thinly disguised Ku Klux Klansman is absolutely disgraceful.

I imagine there's a lot less PC-thuggery in the Ukraine than there is is Britain.

First time I've seen De Vischer play properly and I was mighty impressed. Definately did better second half but that was likewise with the rest of the team.

There was too many times where we were on the attack but we played it too far back.

The linesmen and the refereeing in the game was appauling, definately against us.

The game and the atmosphere were both a bit flat yesterday. There was never 4 goals in that game, but I suppose I'll take it.

Thought JDV dived for the 2nd pen and I still think he could have stayed on his feet after seeing the BBC footage. Miller's second goals was lovely.

fao ross and scorge...

links park this friday night, montrose vs elgin 7.45 kick off then a bit of smash afterwards

are you in?

I was gutted when they announced the change of date for this fixture. I have to head back to Elgin that night, as i'll be getting a Supporters bus down to Hampden very early morning on the Saturday, for the Ukraine game. Would've been brilliant if it was the following friday eve.

There might actually be zero Elgin City fans there, as I read on Pie and Bovril that there is a Supporters Trust meeting that night, which has been planned for months. Should be a good game and all, what with Elgin coming onto a bit of a game. All down to Zander Sutherland!!

In other news, I just remembered I saw Brian Kerr of Hibs (ex Motherwell/Newcastle fame) coming out of Hampden after the Scotland v. Lithuania game. He then proceeded to crack open a tin of Tennents with his mates whilst walking back to their bus. Strange seeing an Internationalist going to the game as a fan, and engaging in the same drinking routines of the majority of others. Good on him I say!

Aberdeen's main problem for me is movement. At least one striker needs to be looking to move into the channels and the wide players need to get where they can actually be reached (just one of the vast array of gripes I have about Derek Young...), otherwise, as we keep seeing this season, the defence and Severin and Nicholson are left with no option but to go backwards or play a long ball with very little chance of coming off.

I did enjoy the Darren Mackie horror challenge though...

The game and the atmosphere were both a bit flat yesterday. There was never 4 goals in that game, but I suppose I'll take it.

Thought JDV dived for the 2nd pen and I still think he could have stayed on his feet after seeing the BBC footage. Miller's second goals was lovely.

Yeah spot on, I've never seen such an "ordinary" performance produce four goals. Not complaining like. Miller's second goal was a bit of a peach, lovely ball from Jackie too... Miller played pretty well actually, he's a canny player when he stops fannying around looking for fouls everytime an opponent brushes past him.

I thought JDV did well, some nice touches and a couple of good passes but he looks slow as hell, hopefully that's just a match practice issue. Second penalty looked like a blatant dive from where I was sitting (RDS, right in front of him) but I'll wait 'till I see the highlights before I make a judgement. If it was a dive I hope Jimmy hammers him for it; never want to see that kind of shit from one of my teams.

I thought Considine was a bit sloppy at times and Mackie looked like he didn't have any studs in his boots (lost count of the number of times he slipped) but other than that everyone did their jobs. Barry Nic was pretty quiet.

I was gutted when they announced the change of date for this fixture. I have to head back to Elgin that night, as i'll be getting a Supporters bus down to Hampden very early morning on the Saturday, for the Ukraine game. Would've been brilliant if it was the following friday eve.

There might actually be zero Elgin City fans there, as I read on Pie and Bovril that there is a Supporters Trust meeting that night, which has been planned for months. Should be a good game and all, what with Elgin coming onto a bit of a game. All down to Zander Sutherland!!

aye i was reading that today actually, ah well, another time though!

Strange seeing an Internationalist going to the game as a fan, and engaging in the same drinking routines of the majority of others. Good on him I say!

Just a personal view, but personally I think the drinking culture amongst players is pretty horrific. They are supposed to be professional atheletes. You would think they could sacrifice drinking for a few years until their career is over. I thought Andy Murray's recent comments on the issue were spot on.

Yep, downloaded the highlights off of REDTV and on second viewing it was obvious that there was minimal contact between Smith and JDV!! By minimal i mean none at all!!

What annoys me more about it is he could have easily fired the ball into the back of the net!! He would have got better recognition from the fans for it!!

Im rather disgusted by it, i hate diving, regardless for what team it is for!!!

Yep, downloaded the highlights off of REDTV and on second viewing it was obvious that there was minimal contact between Smith and JDV!! By minimal i mean none at all!!

What annoys me more about it is he could have easily fired the ball into the back of the net!! He would have got better recognition from the fans for it!!

Im rather disgusted by it, i hate diving, regardless for what team it is for!!!

yup its cheating plain and simple

best to leave that sort of tomfoolery to the lsc ;)