aberdeen-music

2007/2008 season thread

RossP

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think i fancy any of the teams in the quarter final, but hey least we are there!!

Not convinced we'll get anything from Gretna on Sat though!!

We really need to start picking up our performances or our seasons gonna be over before chrmbo, well and truly over!!

Oh does anyone know what time the draw is the morn?

I dont think i fancy any of the teams in the quarter final, but hey least we are there!!

Not convinced we'll get anything from Gretna on Sat though!!

We really need to start picking up our performances or our seasons gonna be over before chrmbo, well and truly over!!

Oh does anyone know what time the draw is the morn?

Hopefully we get a home game, like it would actually make much differenceo_O

Miller is starting to do my head in as a striker, which he plainly isn't anymore...

Miller is starting to do my head in as a striker, which he plainly isn't anymore...

Miller would be alright if he stayed on his feet or had someone who could play off him, but its not working at all at the moment!

We dont have any strikers now that Brewsters left!!! I cant believe we are really this shit this season, if we dont pick up a few wins soon, we'll be in relegation territory at the end of the season, i feel!!!

Miller would be alright if he stayed on his feet or had someone who could play off him, but its not working at all at the moment!

We dont have any strikers now that Brewsters left!!! I cant believe we are really this shit this season, if we dont pick up a few wins soon, we'll be in relegation territory at the end of the season, i feel!!!

Hopefully the confidence will get a boost after tonight, get the team fit and get the new boys in the mix as well and it could turn out nae too bad...:up:

Oh yeah and I'm trying out un-Aberdonian optimism

Draw for next round is made at 2.30pm from the Hampden museum apparently. Its not televised, so check pieanbovril.com or bbc.co.uk/football to find out (about 3ish). I might manage to post them after school, if no-one's done it by then, and if i get the chance

I'm more concerned about the World Cup seeding draw thats being made today. In theory we should be in Pot 2 (2 rankings off Pot 1!) based on current standings, but there's a chance we'll be in Pot 3 if they consider average form over 4 years.

From the radio, it sounded like he played awful last night. That or they were really biased and hate Lee Miller anyway.

Pretty funny dive by the sounds of it though:laughing:

Game was alright the other night. Got lost trying to find the car on the way out, taht was amusing. Miller is good for holding hte ball up and winning headers off the long balls we continusously punt forward but he needs someone to be running off him. Dare i say it, we are missing Darren Mackie.

I expect a dire 1-1 draw, extra time and a last minute winner from stevie lovell just because he always seems to do it against Caley.

Don't remind me!!

Since its at Halloween, expect a horror show of a game, Brewster to come back and haunt you, Lee Miller to try and disguise himself as a football player and Jimmy to take the role of the turnip.

Despite our league position, our performances have been excellent of late. Hopefully we can string some good results together against Falkirk and Killie to keep the confidence up for a double victory against the Dons in League and Cup. Either way I expect to hear the usual shite about how "Caley bring the Dons down to their level.", despite us creating more chances and deserving victories instead of last minute draws.

Pub action pre and post game shall be organised for both games also.

Don't remind me!!

Since its at Halloween, expect a horror show of a game, Brewster to come back and haunt you, Lee Miller to try and disguise himself as a football player and Jimmy to take the role of the turnip.

Despite our league position, our performances have been excellent of late. Hopefully we can string some good results together against Falkirk and Killie to keep the confidence up for a double victory against the Dons in League and Cup. Either way I expect to hear the usual shite about how "Caley bring the Dons down to their level.", despite us creating more chances and deserving victories instead of last minute draws.

Pub action pre and post game shall be organised for both games also.

Brewster's shoulder injury is playing up and he is doubtful to play, thank fuck or tatties! Imagine he and the team will get a good welcome though :up:

Brewster's shoulder injury is playing up and he is doubtful to play, thank fuck or tatties! Imagine he and the team will get a good welcome though :up:

I'm glad he's not playing! When he's on the pitch, the tactic is only... punt it to me!! When he's not in the team its punt it forward, but if you can... maybe do some slick passing at some point too.

Glad to see Wyness coming onto some form, and Niculae is still getting better and better. Just a shame that Brewster can't find a place in the team for John Rankin, especially considerig Russel Duncan gets a game every time! A pre-empt response: *Shut it Stoney boys, he's rubbish*

I wonder if Lee Wilkie would've played if their cup tie to Hamilton was away from home?

He's scored 2 screamers in the previous round of the CIS Cup. Has also given us a fair few assists, hit the woodwork a bunch of times as well. Big, strong lad with a fantastic shot. Goals will come.

I've yet to see him play in the flesh as yet though, so i'm just going on what i've seen on extended highlights and fellow supporters thoughts. Scotland games have taken up my football game budget for the start of the SPL season. Will make the games v. the Dons and the Huns though in the next month.