aberdeen-music

Charity Gig Sept 2007!

Brymon

I can sort of understand why you'd mistake those popularly wrongly-labelled pop bands for emo, but Killswitch Engage? ?(

Yeah man, they have sung choruses and are vaguely popular so therefore MUST be emo!

And agreed, those other's are basically pop-rock bands.

Anyone who thinks KSE are emo needs to listen to their 'Alive or just breathing' album and then suck their own dick for being so retarded. That album is fucking brutal and is pretty much everything that is good about metal.

Yeah man, they have sung choruses and are vaguely popular so therefore MUST be emo!

And agreed, those other's are basically pop-rock bands.

Anyone who thinks KSE are emo needs to listen to their 'Alive or just breathing' album and then suck their own dick for being so retarded. That album is fucking brutal and is pretty much everything that is good about metal.

The new singer really does wreck the older songs.

In more pressing news, Aberdeenshire Council today confirmed that M.S Panesar from Bastard Squad has been granted special dispensation to not bother coming into work the day after this gig. This announcement has led Scotscoup in Montrose to open a book on the state of the tub-hitting cuntrod on the evening in question. Current prices:

10000/1 - Sober As A Judge

4/1 - Mildly Tipsy

Evens - A Bitty Worse For Wear Min

1/6 - In A Bit Of A State Now

1/10000 - Utterly MC Hammer-ed.

Get intae 'at!

fallout boy, funeral for a friend, AFI, thursday, my chemical romance, killswitch engage, panic at the disco...

should i go on?

i can feel a war of opinions coming on

http://www.emobands.com/index.php?p=31

fall out boy, pop punk

funeral for a friend, pretty much a rock band these days

AFI, punk band

Thursday, Rock band with tendencies to play Indie

My Chemical Romance, Pop Punk turned plain rock

Killswitch Engage, Metal (Are you that dumb?)

Panic At The Disco, Pop Punk

Nice to know that we are dealing with a moron.

• Upvote 1

In more pressing news, Aberdeenshire Council today confirmed that M.S Panesar from Bastard Squad has been granted special dispensation to not bother coming into work the day after this gig. This announcement has led Scotscoup in Montrose to open a book on the state of the tub-hitting cuntrod on the evening in question. Current prices:

10000/1 - Sober As A Judge

4/1 - Mildly Tipsy

Evens - A Bitty Worse For Wear Min

1/6 - In A Bit Of A State Now

1/10000 - Utterly MC Hammer-ed.

Get intae 'at!

So does that you guys will be getting slaughtered with us, or with me as the rest of the band are probably either skint or working?!?!

Also i have been informed that we may have quite a few prizes for the raffle, including CD's from fat Hippy, a voucher from James Dunn house, and a couple of other things.

Are any bands doniting anything, if we all do we can put them all together as a main prize!!

Still trying to find out about food/buffet (Ill get Tips from Fandango's on a Buffet)!!

And im gonna order my Fancy Dress costume in the next couple of days!!

Is anyone else dressing up?

:up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater
So does that you guys will be getting slaughtered with us, or with me as the rest of the band are probably either skint or working?!?!

Are any bands donating anything

Aye, count us in for getting smashed, apologies in advance when I try and drag you to the Priory...

I'll chuck in a few Spike/Squad CDr's for the raffle, pity the poor cunt that wins them...

Also i have been informed that we may have quite a few prizes for the raffle, including CD's from fat Hippy, a voucher from James Dunn house, and a couple of other things.

Are any bands doniting anything, if we all do we can put them all together as a main prize!!

Still trying to find out about food/buffet (Ill get Tips from Fandango's on a Buffet)!!

And im gonna order my Fancy Dress costume in the next couple of days!!

Is anyone else dressing up?

:up:

come in to one up and speak to the manager fred, he will probably donate some stuff, may not be much, may only be posters or something, but still, its a prize.

:)

come in to one up and speak to the manager fred, he will probably donate some stuff, may not be much, may only be posters or something, but still, its a prize.

:)

Alright cool, ill get my missus to pop in by the day after her Tattoo, as im offhore the mo. If not ill be in when i get home the morn, for my weekly fix of CD's anyway!!! :up:

Oh and Jake ill tell you before hand, There ain't no fucking way im goin to the Priory!!! :laughing:

yeah the cd arrived this morning.. via Play (with NO fucking Patch the khunts!!!!) but i already heard it and wasn't all that impressed. Could be a grower.. I'll persevere.

Tell me bout it just opened up my package and im well fucked off.

The artwork in the middle of the digipack is pretty good like.

Off to play.com to bitch and moan.

like i said, a war of opinions.

anyway, killswitch are emo ever since the 'affirmative action' singer joined.

(no im not being rascist, i'm actually quoting him)

their first album with the homeless looking white guy was okay, not emo.

not quite a masterpiece to my ears either. like the sound but not the songs.

i'll continue this in hogs thread

I do like that album not quite a masterpeice in my ears but some good tunes.

The reason I think it is a masterpiece, is the same reason that Burn My Eyes by Machine Head is. Both albums turned metal on it's head and allowed a completely new form of it to emerge.

The first time I heard Last Serenade I couldn't fucking believe my ears. Granted it sounds relatively commercial these days due to every band and their dogs playing 'metalcore' but back then...:

Detuned Pantera like groove metal riffs with almost death/black metal vocals, and then all of a sudden goes into a totally epic, anthemic and beautifully sung chorus. And then adding hardcore style beatdowns into the mix too. If you can tell me one band that did any of that half as well (if at all!) before KSE then I will be very surprised!

(I'm not arguing here, just giving my 2 cents on why I think that album is very important in the grand scheme of metal :) )

Detuned Pantera like groove metal riffs with almost death/black metal vocals, and then all of a sudden goes into a totally epic, anthemic and beautifully sung chorus. And then adding hardcore style beatdowns into the mix too. If you can tell me one band that did any of that half as well (if at all!) before KSE then I will be very surprised!

(I'm not arguing here, just giving my 2 cents on why I think that album is very important in the grand scheme of metal :) )

They did turn around the "modern metal scene" at the time which is undeniable when you look at it.

Im not a fan of Shadows Fall at all but weren't they doing the same kind of metal around the same time as the first Kse album ?

Not sure what they sounded like back then but they have the same kind of sound nowadays.