aberdeen-music

Charity Gig Sept 2007!

Brymon

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Not my decision dude. I was joking like, but personally i'm not bothered whose slot we fill!! Oooo Errrr Missus!! Looks like the people have spoken... mostly to make sure i get home WAY after my bedtime by the looks of things! heh

I'm not unduly arsed meself, just don't want to go on first. Just to give the poor cunt organising this another headache, if he juggles the running a bit, that's cool. No bother if he can't, can always threaten not to turn up.*

*I'm joking. For now...

Hay guys, their seems to be this Myth buzzing about, that Malera have only done 2 or 3 gigs.

Now this is by no means a bitchy message :). Just a message to hopefully disperse any incorrect information floating about.

Malera used to be called Reap. And for two years they gigged solidly before they changed their name to Malera and their lead singer. Other than the name and the lead singer the original line up has remained the same. And also material from when they were known as reap is still being played at gigs today.

I hope this message is both informative and helpful.

TheMaleraFan

Hey, i just want to correct this message (thx tho for trying to correct ppl :D) We only play one of the REAP songs now - the rest are brand new for Malera and the only 2 surviving REAP members are myself and the drummer (after many changeovers of members during our 'away' time) But the part about the gigging solidly for 2 years is correct. Thx :D:up:

Dunno what the final line up will be! We'll keep this poll running till nearer the time and probably go with that although ill stick Hellbound on a bit later as they fuckin rock and no one will vote for them n here as the probably have no mates on here!!!

Still trying to get in touch with Drummonds!!!

Oh my God. 13 pages of angst and counting. This gig had better be worth it...

13 pages, to me that says that all us "worthless metal fucks" are finally getting our shit together instead of in fighting. yes there was some fighting earlier, but we're a good few pages past that now.

why have we been fighting each other all along when we should point our razor blade toting angst and pent up hatred at the 'lighter' side of the music community.

I keep having this dream about a metal uprising in aberdeen in '08.

"metal rulz".

:rockon:

13 pages, to me that says that all us "worthless metal fucks" are finally getting our shit together instead of in fighting. yes there was some fighting earlier, but we're a good few pages past that now.

why have we been fighting each other all along when we should point our razor blade toting angst and pent up hatred at the 'lighter' side of the music community.

I keep having this dream about a metal uprising in aberdeen in '08.

"metal rulz".

:rockon:

Glad to hear it. Perhaps we'll see some of you showing your support at this next Sunday then?

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/gigs-event-annoucements/44963-black-sun-friday-night-gunfight-tbc-%40-tunnels-sun-16th-sept.html

Malera are REAP?

awesome

do they still have the massive drumkit that they take hours to set up?

No, if u read my reply to what that person said, Malera are NOT REAP. There is only 2 REAP members in malera and we play diff songs. And yes, we still have the giant kit but we set it up and take it down quicker cause the band members actually help now :p (not that i think its getting used for this gig, just using the drummonds one)