aberdeen-music

Charity Gig Sept 2007!

Brymon

baz does have a point or twelve. take it from the guys who know/have done these things before...all dayers are bloody stressful and the less drama queen types around the better, esp with the drumkit nonsense. it will only make the event a disaster stopping you getting pissed and having a good time, which is the last thing anyone wants!

baz does have a point or twelve. take it from the guys who know/have done these things before...all dayers are bloody stressful and the less drama queen types around the better, esp with the drumkit nonsense. it will only make the event a disaster stopping you getting pissed and having a good time, which is the last thing anyone wants!

he's right you know. your sorting this shit out. dont be moving too much on it. if bands tell you 5 days before hand when they have known for three months then fuck it. dinna play.

organising one of these things is like your wedding day, its great fun but over before you know it and stressful as hell.

i used malera's kit last night after drooling all over it i had the time of my life. great kit.

Oh, and another thing, I'll need to borrow a distortion pedal for me vocals if some kind sod could oblige.

:up:

I'm sure that wont be a problem!! Although the way things are going....!

With Regards to Malera's drum kit, they said they didn't mind a couple of the bands using it, they also said they would take 10 mins off their set time to fuck aboot with it. They could maybe set it up and have it at the side of the stage or summin, ill get it sorted!!

Ill deal with Downfall later, got other things to do this afternoon!!!

he's right you know. your sorting this shit out. dont be moving too much on it. if bands tell you 5 days before hand when they have known for three months then fuck it. dinna play.

organising one of these things is like your wedding day, its great fun but over before you know it and stressful as hell.

i used malera's kit last night after drooling all over it i had the time of my life. great kit.

Oh dont i know it!!!

I'm slowly figuring that out!! Like when you want that Large fuck off pizza but you start feeling sick after about 3 slices!! or maybe not!

Jake I have a distortion pedal you can use.

People can use my amp if they wish. I'm not taking the footswitch though so you'll be using it on one setting (either use the amp's onboard distortion or put it on clean channel and use your own pedal as Chi (SOM) will :up:).

My rule though - NO ONE PUTS ANY GLASSES (water, beer, anything) ON TOP OF MY AMP AT ANY POINT :swearing::up:

I've got a distortion pedal you can use as well Jake, it's based off the old boss DS (1/2) but has a built in feedback loop as well if you fancy having some fun with that?

hehe`- why not chain a few pedals together and see what happens, worth a shot for sheer "I wonder what'll happen if I do THIS!?" laugh factor.

I've got a distortion pedal you can use as well Jake, it's based off the old boss DS (1/2) but has a built in feedback loop as well if you fancy having some fun with that?

hehe`- why not chain a few pedals together and see what happens, worth a shot for sheer "I wonder what'll happen if I do THIS!?" laugh factor.

Top idea!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Could well be fun, it's only vocals and drums anyway.

Right, went and seen callum from drummonds today and we concluded that its best that Malera just set up their own kit before the go on, only eating up their own stage time!!

So it looks like Drummonds for the rest of us, unless someone else is takin one!!

And ive told Downfall i cant change their time!!

WHo all has there special stuff they need with them, i know James (e106) will have his amp!! Try and keep the stage as clear as possible!!

Also we'll get the first band soundchecked then the rest will have line checks!!

So who can all make it down for 3, a representative from each band would be nice!o_O

What is the story with bass amp then? Is someone else taking a half decent one along with them? Or, is there one in Drummonds already? I have my own which i can easy take along for 3pm but i'm not up for everyone using it.. I'll be loading out after we play but hanging around a little longer. Ideal situation would be a 4x10 bass cab so all i need to take is my head.

Guitars too, what is the story? Can we borrow full amps or will we have to take heads with us?

Drummonds kit is cool though, just bring the usual extra's with us.

Bry: It might be an idea to amass a list of what gear people are taking and are willing to share. If there is any shortfall... rent from Toms? I'm sure the door takings will more than cover it. Toms may even donate? Just a thought.

Bazz

When can I get in? I'll come down really early and help out with stuff from as soon as possible. :up:

Ill be there at about 2:45, ill be in a pub round about Belmont Street watching the Aberdeen game at 2!! 3pm onwards will be fine i would think..

BAZZ, Im gonna send a message to everyone on myspace asking what they cant go on stage without, then find out what else bands are taking.

I used the Drummonds bass amp last night (well i think its theirs, it was there today when i was in too). Its a combo though, i think! I kinda just plugged in and played last night, i was rather pished!!!! Sounded alright though, i think malera and elements bassists both used it!!! I could take my cab although its not the best!!!

With Guitars, ive got a marshall fucker that i keep taking for my brother, he likes it!! Theres also James amp. I dont mind people using my amp, i just ask that people treat it as if was theirs! (Thats not to much to as now is it)!!!

Hopefully all our questions will be answered by about Thursday night!!!

Downfall have told me they cant play until at least 7!! Does any of the bands that are on after 7 wanna swap with them?

If yes let me know by the end of tomorrow. If not then fair do's there is fuck all else i can do!!!

Getting close, starting to get excited!! Still waiting on a couple of bands getting back to me with regards to back line but its looking like we will be we covered!!!!

Downfall have told me they cant play until at least 7!! Does any of the bands that are on after 7 wanna swap with them?

If yes let me know by the end of tomorrow. If not then fair do's there is fuck all else i can do!!!

Getting close, starting to get excited!! Still waiting on a couple of bands getting back to me with regards to back line but its looking like we will be we covered!!!!

Bry, Hog said he had spoken to you aswell? Was just told about 20 mins ago myself :down: