aberdeen-music

Explain Your band name please

psydoll

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE DIURETICS

well basically our guitarist thought this up one day when he was feeling a bit philosophical and he had a major life changing experience......not!

basically, i diuretic is some sort of drink that makes you want to go for a piss more than usual, like coffee and beer, dont know why we chose it but it sounds good!

Guest Satyam Shivam Sundaram
Originally posted by Stephen:

Screaming Nebraska

Nebraska originally becuase of such people as conor oberst being from there. and it generally sound coool. Screaming came in when picked loadsa things to go in front or behind nebraska cause didnt believe sounded great on its own. Screaming was picked as majority vote.

also its deliberatly non-descript so people cant tell what kinda band we are when read the name.

Or Kenny's gig explanation:

"we're called Screaming Nebraska because It sounds a lot fucking better than Screaming Aberdeen!"

Guest Satyam Shivam Sundaram
Originally posted by Lester Burnham:

The Sultry Acoustics - I pipped this one up when I was drunk, initially myself and my partner in crime decided for a softer approach to music, hence the usage of acoustic guitars etc. Sultry because... it's one of the words i'm fixated with and as Hog once said, I allegedly have, "sultry" eyes... that's an egotist's explanation of that one... and "The" because it's such a 'hip' and 'with it' word to use, man.

I thought you were going to have two c's?

Originally posted by betamax:

she must look at you in a different way than she looks at me then

i just see pure evilness!!!

(which is not a bad thing....unless you are a Italian preist in a room overlooking a long flight of steps)

My eyes change for different people, it's an advanced programme that I have... being a newer model and all. How else do you think I lure innocent people back to my lair?

Thom Yorke... those eyes :love:

broken sunshine...well we had a selection of four words:pink,sunshine,glass and broken and we thought broken sunshine sounded the best.

well i think that's possibly the worst explanation for a band name so far.

Originally posted by Scorge McBrain:

Ours is a pun funnily enough.

IT's fookin good.

OK, well mines was made up in chemistry class and out of everything we'd learnt it was by far the coolest sounding. IT also contains my two most over used pharses:

'you bitch' and 'men'.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

mexican bandit moustache was named after the false moustache that i used to wear for a laugh sometimes. cure for cancer is a total rip off of the sort of names i've heard from the san francisco bay area like, the quest for quintana roo etc

Originally posted by Aileen:

seriously - that actually his name? thats the shit!! im meant to be reading ulysses for my uni course just now but ?( oops i havent quite got through it yet......or started it......hhmmm should probably look into that

ummm, no. but it is if he's in a band called dedalus. see if the bands called dedalus then he can be steven dedalus. which he liked. i've started reading portrait of an artist but find it a bit dull at the moment.

Originally posted by Lisa:

broken sunshine...well we had a selection of four words:pink,sunshine,glass and broken and we thought broken sunshine sounded the best.

Actually, that's not really it-there's a longer explanation.

I came up with Broken Glass when we were first talking about the band actually becoming a band, cus I saw a sign on a bus that said something about no broken glass...I dunno t'was ages ago. But we thought that sounded kinda hardcore screamy, so we scrapped that idea.

Then, weeks later, Lucy just randomly said Pink Sunshine. Which was cool, but a little indie I think. So we told someone else and they came up with the idea of putting them together. So we had Pink Glass, which was a little weird. And finally came to Broken Sunshine. That's the whole, really long explanation.

i wonder if anyone can work out where Hot Mangu came from?

get it?

ahhaahhaaha...

:)

yeah...

i have dj monkeydoo in my list

that's cos doo rhymes with poo

throw? (dookie album cover)

monkey see...

i forget where immortal wombat came from

i think it was spoonie... i forget

we needed something to write on the chalk board outside drakes