aberdeen-music

Explain Your band name please

psydoll

Hmmm... with Loaded:

Myself and Russell were looking on the back of all my CD's and The Almighty and Pulkas both had songs called Loaded and we thought it was cool.

Rass came up with black atom...about 5 years ago :)

Jamesy came up with My Minds Weapon, but I believe it is from a Movielife lyric ("If my mind is the weapon then my hearts the extra clip") although My Mind's Weapon is a completely different meaning and context than My Mind is a weapon...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by soundian:

Where do you get your info from? A quick search and 112 was the heaviest confirmed with up to 118 reported, and this is 2001 info.

*smacks*

Well now, flicking through my back issues of "International Union of Pure and Applied Physics" Monthly Newsletter, I see that there is still some fierce debate, and indeed confusion regarding elements after 106, though this does indeed appear to be more centred round their nomenclature. 118 however has definitely been discounted after a researcher was sacked for altering data to provide a false result. As I'm sure you're aware this is a very tricky area, due to the extremely volatile nature of these nuclides, and things can get somewhat ambivalent. Either that or I was wearing me 'lookers' and not me 'readers'...

Anyhoo, enough of this frippery, and on to slightly more cerebral matters. I was once in a band called 'Screaming for Pussy'.

Originally posted by Frosty Jack:

..there is still some fierce debate, and indeed confusion regarding elements after 106, though this does indeed appear to be more centred round their nomenclature.

I'm not surprised, some of the names look like an explosion in a vowel factory during a severe consonant shortage.

Originally posted by soundian:

I'm not surprised, some of the names look like an explosion in a vowel factory during a severe consonant shortage.

:laughing: :laughing:

To be honest, thats what I thought E106 meant, best to ask the more established members of the band...:cheers:

Originally posted by Hog:

:laughing: :laughing:

To be honest, thats what I thought E106 meant, best to ask the more established members of the band...:cheers:

If we're being honest, I'm sure neither myself or Ian could actually give a flying fuck at a rolling donut about it, we're just indulging in our favourite pastime of 'Google Duelling'...:dunce: :dunce:

Originally posted by daveofficer:

as is our singer.

seriously - that actually his name? thats the shit!! im meant to be reading ulysses for my uni course just now but ?( oops i havent quite got through it yet......or started it......hhmmm should probably look into that

Screaming Nebraska

Nebraska originally becuase of such people as conor oberst being from there. and it generally sound coool. Screaming came in when picked loadsa things to go in front or behind nebraska cause didnt believe sounded great on its own. Screaming was picked as majority vote.

also its deliberatly non-descript so people cant tell what kinda band we are when read the name.

Originally posted by Aileen:

seriously - that actually his name? thats the shit!! im meant to be reading ulysses for my uni course just now but ?( oops i havent quite got through it yet......or started it......hhmmm should probably look into that

Hate to be optimistic here but you could well be fucked there :dunce:

Real Shocks - I have no idea... the existed years and years before I joined the band.. and until now I have never questioned it. It might have some link so robots or something, but I honestly have no idea. If I named the band it would have some awful name like, "Robotic Berret" or "Synth Monkey" this would naturally be entirely selfish (what a bitch...)

The Sultry Acoustics - I pipped this one up when I was drunk, initially myself and my partner in crime decided for a softer approach to music, hence the usage of acoustic guitars etc. Sultry because... it's one of the words i'm fixated with and as Hog once said, I allegedly have, "sultry" eyes... that's an egotist's explanation of that one... and "The" because it's such a 'hip' and 'with it' word to use, man.

Originally posted by Lester Burnham:

Real Shocks - I have no idea... the existed years and years before I joined the band.. and until now I have never questioned it. It might have some link so robots or something, but I honestly have no idea. If I named the band it would have some awful name like, "Robotic Berret" or "Synth Monkey" this would naturally be entirely selfish (what a bitch...)

The Sultry Acoustics - I pipped this one up when I was drunk, initially myself and my partner in crime decided for a softer approach to music, hence the usage of acoustic guitars etc. Sultry because... it's one of the words i'm fixated with and as Hog once said, I allegedly have, "sultry" eyes... that's an egotist's explanation of that one... and "The" because it's such a 'hip' and 'with it' word to use, man.

Some data for Flava:

Real Shocks were actually formed in 2025 but various prototype models have been projected back in time to the present, to ensure the Rise of the Machines takes place. Or something. In 2025, all music will be made by machines. All people will be made into fuel for the machines.

Real Shocks version 1.0 first appeared in 2001 and lasted for about a year. Real Shocks version 2.0 came out in 2002 and was then replaced with Real Shocks version 3.0 (the one that contains the Flava bio-mechanoid) in the autumn of 2003. In 2004, I predict there will be a version 4.0. Theres always a pattern to chaos.

Our name is a direct rip off of a Swell Maps song title, the first line of which is So you seek to Destroy. Its code see. Nikki Sudden the genius behind Swell Maps, approved its use from his druggy lair in New East Berlin and taught me the ways of anti pop. It was like being Grasshopper in Kung Fu.

As for sultry eyes miss. Ive only seen the evil ones and occasionally the drunk ones. Evil Acoustics? .

Originally posted by Gall_4185:

Hate to be optimistic here but you could well be fucked there :dunce:

Nah its cool cos I have a load of texts which I have to read for my course and we only have to have prepared a minimum of four for the exam so I'm just preparing a load of others and probably wont do Ulysses....or something

Originally posted by Lester Burnham:

Nicest eyes in the music business!!:cheers: