aberdeen-music

New gear 2007

The Milner

Guest DustyDeviada
Cool. I'll have a think - although I can get a new one for 39 Dusty ;)

It was priced to allow for haggling ;). But as you know, I've got some more important things to worry about right now. :up:

Once i'm paid this month (and next probs) i plan on gettin some toys :)

Boss TU-2 (finally)

An Eq pedal of some kind (suggestions? good for bass.)

A delay and a synth. Probs the boss ones.

and a pedal board that ive yet to decide on. any ideas? would like a power supply too hmm. . .

(thanks :))

The Boss TU-2 is a great tuner, I've had mine for about 5 years now.:up:

Guest DustyDeviada
USA '52 Reissue, they look yummaroo.

Damn straight. Apparently they come with original 50s wiring though, which means you can't use the "middle" setting. An easy fix.

Guest DustyDeviada
I think the guitar actually comes with a guide so that you can rewire it for the middle setting.

Yeah, but just an example of the "vintage authenticty" thing going too far, I can't imagine anyone wanting to keep it stock.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking into replacing my Seymour Duncan Woody acoustic pickup with more permanent soundhole pickup that can be internally wired up to a jack plug. The Woody sounds like the cats balls, but it's a bit of a hassle putting it in before gigs. Also, I'm worried about the lead on it fucking up and ruining a set sometime.

Any recommendations? Fishman's looking like the best choice, but by gum... pricey.

I got a tasty ibanez bass made from wood of many kinds and colours with bartolini pickups and active circuitry. Slaptastic! Ummm...my 828Mk2 soundcard, a shitty EMI 2/6 USB card, BCR2000 MIDI control surface, another waldorf pulse+ (best monosynth i've used). I made a buffer/feedback loop pedal. Also Ableton live, using with max/msp, PD and other people's reaktor patches. Knobsnstuff to fix the sirius bass after, ummmm, about 6 years? My flatmate scored us a nice drumkit, and I stole a doublebass pedal from my dad. A couple of SM57s (re the mic thread earlier on, Get A Fucking Life!)

Not "strictly" music gear, but I got a couple of Arduinos (just ace) a PIC programmer, soldering/SMT air workstation, bitscope oscillyscope, bench PSU and lotsnlots of other electronic bitsbobs for the AlexLab. And a sylvanian families handmade doll's house.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Last week I bought my medium ride cymbal and a pair of Alesis M1 Active 520s for monitoring on - got a couple of mixing sessions ahead of me, the new 10EW demos and some new material from Dan Against The World too

I have to ask...so why buy the re-issue?

I love the playability of the neck and the tone of the guitar. Fender supply a 6 saddle bridge, which I immediately installed, and supply a guide to rewire it to standard.

There is a deluxe light ash tele of simliar value, but the neck is a different radius, and it has different pickups...

Guest DustyDeviada
There is a deluxe light ash tele of simliar value, but the neck is a different radius, and it has different pickups...

Would also have a poly finish I believe, the nitro finish is one of the main selling points of the vintage reissue series IMO. I probably would have tried to live with the three saddle bridge for a while first, but definitely with you on the re-wiring.