aberdeen-music

bottom ten bands in Aberdeen

Guest RomanChoke

Bowling for Soup will always be on the fringe.....hopefully

They have too much things going against them: Lard ass bassist who seems to have the characteristics of a bowling ball' date=' terrible songs, wanky look, etc (aka all other bands)[/quote']

i read an interview with their frontman he said somthing like, "we dont deserve to make"

he said they are a joke band and that america hate them, its only in the uk they can pull a tour off with confidents

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is but it has been done' date=' aparently american is franz ferdinand mad, oasis could have broken america but they fell out so much and cancelled loads of shows,

ffaf are getting big in the american underground.

idlewild have been trying for ages to break america,

bowling for soup are still trying[/quote']

When i was stateside 2 months ago franz werent that big.....keane and the darkness were the big british daddies...so to speak....

Guest JockeySnogger
Because it's easier to doubt than to believe. Also' date=' it's typical Aberdeen mentality.[/quote']

Haha you wish. People like what they like and it just no happens that some people inevitably get a little upset when their band is shat on a little. Just got to deal with it.

As for Bowling for Soup, that guitarist is obscene and should be kept behind bars in some sort of zoo. He's probably a decent guy and all but the band have really found the missing link between humans and Jabba the Hut, they could get a fortune from exploiting his posture.

Haha you wish. People like what they like and it just no happens that some people inevitably get a little upset when their band is shat on a little. Just got to deal with it.

No actually' date=' I [i']don't wish.

Don't know what you're talking about since I was talking about Driveblind, a project with which I am not involved.

Guest Neubeatz
As for Bowling for Soup, that guitarist is obscene and should be kept behind bars in some sort of zoo. He's probably a decent guy and all but the band have really found the missing link between humans and Jabba the Hut, they could get a fortune from exploiting his posture.

Already have, havent they..;)

Because it's easier to doubt than to believe. Also' date=' it's typical Aberdeen mentality.[/quote']

Let's look at the figures here, Bob. How many bands are in the world? Answer: Shitloads. How many make it big? Answer: Fuck all.

What does america like? Answer: Mostly american influenced music... Rap, Country etc.

Do many american's like indie? Answer: According to sales... no.

Do you think america will give Driveblind a better chance because they are from a rainy city in Scotland? Answer: No.

So looking at it... is it likely they will be the next Aerosmith? No.

Naturally, I wish Driveblind all the best, but I can't see them becoming massive despite the fact that they obviously put in the work.

Guest Zeenat Aman

Naturally' date=' I wish Driveblind all the best, but I can't see them becoming massive despite the fact that they obviously put in the work.[/quote']

It is possible to be successful without actually making it big/being massive... My idea of success, would be to make a living from music, be able to tour, and to have made some kind of positive impact on some people's lives.

Personally, I'd hate to actually be in a band that is as popular as some of the giants of rock. Screw the fame and all the crap that comes with it, just gimme the money!!!

Guest valley69

Burnham youre the one that makes most sense to me but i dinnae think you are the worlds best traveller like you make out to be.

Yes though, aberdeen has a lack of good ideas and a lack of anything that could be considered ' different'. If an aberdeen band wants to make it then the best thing to do get out there and listen to what good bands do.

flight 19 could be the next busted though.

Let's look at the figures here' date=' Bob. How many bands are in the world? Answer: Shitloads. How many make it big? Answer: Fuck all.

What does america like? Answer: Mostly american influenced music... Rap, Country etc.

Do many american's like indie? Answer: According to sales... no.

Do you think america will give Driveblind a better chance because they are from a rainy city in Scotland? Answer: No.

So looking at it... is it likely they will be the next Aerosmith? No.

Naturally, I wish Driveblind all the best, but I can't see them becoming massive despite the fact that they obviously put in the work.[/quote']

according my sources (one of the bands mates) they already owe the label squillions that will have to be payed back with interest, and they dont like some of their own tracks theyve done for the album as the label had a producer re-do them in a style suitable for the *cringes* american singles market

which is kinda the so typical band-gets-signed-band-gets-destroyed-and-into-massive-debt-forever-scenario that is easy to avoid (unless your ego takes you there)

I hope they survive even though their music makes me spew as no one desrerves what the record industry systematically does to bands

Seconded:

The Wildcards are nice lads... I don't approve of their hats... but they are lovely chaps. Not assholes...

However' date=' Lady Mercedes on the other hand....

PS: Yes, I think Broken Sunshine are a bit piss... as are Gilman Street. I have yet to view "stayover" so can't say they are awful... however I have looked at their lyrics... and they are awful.[/quote']

aww shucks. And I thought everyone had forgotten about us

Guest stuartmaxwell

gah

instead of whinging about it, why not get yer arses into a practice room and/or a venue and get on with it. not meaning to get too personal but from what i have heard from many fowk about stayovers gig the other night, they should really concentrate on getting their set sorted out rather than stupid arguements on messageboard (and the credentials of others) about getting noticed and the like. :dunce:

you would think we were hard done by (in aberdeen) listening to the way people go on??there is a lot of great people doing great things here. make the best of what you have (a good place to play music)