aberdeen-music

Ride the Lightning

imt

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Wow, who are these Metallica dudes you speak of? Man, this is why I love The Internet - where else can you find exciting underground acts like these dudes and catch all the fresh young talent before it hits the mainstream? If you have a soft spot for punk bands, you should definately check out a band called Green Day - they're from San Francisco as well. Word on the street is that they're causing a big stir down at Gilman and it's surely only a matter of time before they make some waves over here.

Wow, who are these Metallica dudes you speak of? Man, this is why I love The Internet - where else can you find exciting underground acts like these dudes and catch all the fresh young talent before it hits the mainstream? If you have a soft spot for punk bands, you should definately check out a band called Green Day - they're from San Francisco as well. Word on the street is that they're causing a big stir down at Gilman and it's surely only a matter of time before they make some waves over here.

No idea who this Green Day are but I'd be wary of this "Metallica" - apparently their drummer, Arse Ulrich, is a millionaire art dealer.

• 4 weeks later...
I think you'll find that they are indeed, as Thurisaz pointed out, shit.

Riiiiighhht and the Breeders and the Pixies are soooo much better?? HAHAHAHA! Whatever!

YOU LOSE!

Threads like this make me chuckle. It's when people say stuff like "Metallica is only good upto Justice!" and you find the person is too young to have been into them around that time or anywhere near that time and got into them through the black album or "Load."

My favourite era of Metallica would've been Justice.

However, as Bladeola says, the post Justice stuff isn't actually shit. It's just not as good IMO. I prefer the stuff going on in AJFA :up:

Songwise - St. Anger wasn't bad, I reckon that better lyrics ("kill kill kill kill kill" and "frantic tic tic tic tic tic tock" o_O ) and good production would've made that a great album. :)

All 'IMO'. :D

Riiiiighhht and the Breeders and the Pixies are soooo much better?? HAHAHAHA! Whatever!

YOU LOSE!

Threads like this make me chuckle. It's when people say stuff like "Metallica is only good upto Justice!" and you find the person is too young to have been into them around that time or anywhere near that time and got into them through the black album or "Load."

I was 13 when Ride the Lightning came out asshole. They became my favorite band until they relaesed the black album witch was utter shite, but sounds better then their recent stuff. I still have not found a debut album from anyone as powerful and bad ass as Kill'em All. I think you need to check yourself. Have you ever met them? I have on 3 ocasions.

I'm Out!

I was 13 when Ride the Lightning came out asshole. They became my favorite band until they relaesed the black album witch was utter shite, but sounds better then their recent stuff. I still have not found a debut album from anyone as powerful and bad ass as Kill'em All. I think you need to check yourself. Have you ever met them? I have on 3 ocasions.

I'm Out!

Ok, perhaps I should've been clearer. I didn't actually mean you. Im usually pretty direct and would've actually said if i meant you. I just meant that you get people who say similar things to you and you find they are kids ok? I apologise for the misunderstandinmg and I can see why you would've picked it up the way you did.

My favourite record by them is the Black album but I got into them in '88 with AJFA.

To be fair, I'm not sure what relevance the fact that you have met them has on your statement BUT thats amazing that you have. You should tell me more. :)

Load is an awesome record and Re-Load has some awesome and not so awesome songs on it.

I loved that...they were growing older gracefully. Those albums were classy sounding and kinda hard rocky/metal way that only Metallica could do. St ANger was trying to prove they were vital when just being Metallica was vital enough. They went wrong because they stopped doing what came naturally.