aberdeen-music

Ride the Lightning

imt

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, perhaps I should've been clearer. I didn't actually mean you. Im usually pretty direct and would've actually said if i meant you. I just meant that you get people who say similar things to you and you find they are kids ok? I apologise for the misunderstandinmg and I can see why you would've picked it up the way you did.

My favourite record by them is the Black album but I got into them in '88 with AJFA.

To be fair, I'm not sure what relevance the fact that you have met them has on your statement BUT thats amazing that you have. You should tell me more. :)

Sorry mate,

Jumped the gun a bit. Please accept my appolgie. Being a drummer, I have a shoprt fuse and am a bit not right in the head!!! Back in the 80's they would just hang out in San Fran all the time. I saw them the first time at a cafe called Tommy's Joint. They all sined my shirt, that was the Cliff Burton days. Very nice bunch of guys. I still respect them and hold a place in my heart for them, even if I dont much care for their newer stuff.

Anyway, happy hollidays to you.

Peace :up:

Riiiiighhht and the Breeders and the Pixies are soooo much better?? HAHAHAHA! Whatever!

YOU LOSE!

Threads like this make me chuckle. It's when people say stuff like "Metallica is only good upto Justice!" and you find the person is too young to have been into them around that time or anywhere near that time and got into them through the black album or "Load."

I'm old enough to have bought "..and Justice for all" on the week of release and saw them 3 times in 1990 - 1991.

However, I think they're pretty crap nowadays and would rather have the Pixies / Breeders any day.

Are you still chuckling? do I still LOSE?

Sorry mate,

Jumped the gun a bit. Please accept my appolgie. Being a drummer, I have a shoprt fuse and am a bit not right in the head!!! Back in the 80's they would just hang out in San Fran all the time. I saw them the first time at a cafe called Tommy's Joint. They all sined my shirt, that was the Cliff Burton days. Very nice bunch of guys. I still respect them and hold a place in my heart for them, even if I dont much care for their newer stuff.

Anyway, happy hollidays to you.

Peace :up:

I'd argue that they've been shit ever since Cliff died.

Riiiiighhht and the Breeders and the Pixies are soooo much better?? HAHAHAHA! Whatever!

YOU LOSE!

Both The Breeders and the Pixies are better bands than Metallica, they've both got drummers who can actually keep time.

I'm not sure about this losing thing, was I involved in some sort of competition that I didn't know about?

Guest bluesxman

I'm old enough to remember when Metallica appeared but was never interested in them at the time, not being a metal head. I listen to them quite a lot these days for some reason, have been buying up their albums when I see them going cheap. Got S&M recently, it's rather good. I don't have Kill 'Em All, it's my missing piece. I haven't come across it cheap yet - the beyond cheesy bloody hammer pic is awful. Load and Reload are both pretty good, the only album I struggle with is St. Anger. The songs in progress seemed OK in Some Kind Of Monster (apart from some of the aforementioned laughable lyrics) but I've yet to get all the way through the album, the songs are all way too long and a bit devoid of tunes.

I'm not quite sure of the relevance of an argument between Metallica and the Pixies/Breeders camps, they are very different things entirely. (I like all those bands incidentally).

I'm not sure about this losing thing, was I involved in some sort of competition that I didn't know about?

They're all in the USA National Rock Stars Ten-Pin Bowling Championships - Lars is due to meet Frank Black in the semi's next week and we'll really find who'll LOSE.

Incidently, the winner plays either DJ Shadow or Mariah Carey, who play in the other semi.

They're all in the USA National Rock Stars Ten-Pin Bowling Championships - Lars is due to meet Frank Black in the semi's next week and we'll really find who'll LOSE.

Incidently, the winner plays either DJ Shadow or Mariah Carey, who play in the other semi.

Wow...that was WELL funny. You go to the same comedy writer as Jan Deal there do ya?

Anyway, that's pretty much a myth about Lars Ulrich being unable to keep time. Always has been. Find me some live footage where he doesnt play solid if not awesomely well. ANyway, it's pretty easy to keep in time when playing the Pixies and Breeders drum parts. I also feel that Metallica never suffered without Cliff. I mean he was a legend and taught the band so much espedcially James (by his own admission) regarding the use of melodies etc BUT Jason was a huge part of Metallica in a different way. He was very much the spirit of the band for me in alot of ways and one of the more down to earth in the heady Black album era! Not to mention a fantastic bass player.

Wow...that was WELL funny. You go to the same comedy writer as Jan Deal there do ya?

Anyway, that's pretty much a myth about Lars Ulrich being unable to keep time. Always has been. Find me some live footage where he doesnt play solid if not awesomely well. ANyway, it's pretty easy to keep in time when playing the Pixies and Breeders drum parts. I also feel that Metallica never suffered without Cliff. I mean he was a legend and taught the band so much espedcially James (by his own admission) regarding the use of melodies etc BUT Jason was a huge part of Metallica in a different way. He was very much the spirit of the band for me in alot of ways and one of the more down to earth in the heady Black album era! Not to mention a fantastic bass player.

Lars is a twat.

You LOSE.