aberdeen-music

Your current read?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Started The Prison House by John King. Not really enjoying it much but will give it some more time.

Gave up on this and started Blast from the Past by Ben Elton. You can say what you like about his general punchableness and involvment in (presumably) shite musical theatre. He still writes a ripping yarn which, while a generally light read, can also be quite thought provoking.

I just started "Alex Cross's Trial" by James Patterson. Impulse buy in Asda. Didn't think I was going to like it from the first few pages, but it's actually quite compelling once you get into it. It's about a lawyer in the Deep South in the early 1900s trying to take down the KKK. Seemingly it's the 15th installment in the series, but it's the first one I've read.

Reading Derren Brown's new book. The pages are red, it's exciting and very easy to read.

I've met him but I cba posting pics. Very intellgient, articulate and extremely friendly gentleman who is very good to his fans and puts on a truely astounding live show.

I've met him but I cba posting pics. Very intellgient, articulate and extremely friendly gentleman who is very good to his fans and puts on a truely astounding live show.

Word, bro. Have you read his new book? It's very different but interesting. Did you meet him in Aberdeen? It annoys me when people think his stuff is all staged.

Also,

l_f596c2473d6fe28afb1548fc8c7e1912.jpg

(any excuse to post that, I do apologise)

If you think back I bet you find that your meeting coincided with you losing your wallet and watch and also heralded the beginning of your uncontrolable urge to furious masturbate in public every time you hear the word "onion"

Word, bro. Have you read his new book? It's very different but interesting. Did you meet him in Aberdeen? It annoys me when people think his stuff is all staged.

Also,

l_f596c2473d6fe28afb1548fc8c7e1912.jpg

(any excuse to post that, I do apologise)

I actually met him in Edinburgh! And that infuriates me too!

The pic I have of me and him is slightly embarrassing because it looks like I'm lurking behind him smiling, when in actually he turned away from the camera at flash-point to sign my wee sis' programme.

Cunt.

Did he have to read from a script about how he's responsible for the Western world's evils?

No, that's just a still, admittedly a rather dull one, from the erotic film I forced him to make when he was locked in my basement for that one month...

I actually met him in Edinburgh! And that infuriates me too!

The pic I have of me and him is slightly embarrassing because it looks like I'm lurking behind him smiling, when in actually he turned away from the camera at flash-point to sign my wee sis' programme.

Cunt.

I wish to see this picture. Photos where one person looks away are great.

On topic: I started my third attempt at reading the Master and Margarita the other day and I'm already doing way better than I ever have with it before. It's so good. Bulgakov's the man.

• 3 weeks later...
I just started "Alex Cross's Trial" by James Patterson. Impulse buy in Asda. Didn't think I was going to like it from the first few pages, but it's actually quite compelling once you get into it. It's about a lawyer in the Deep South in the early 1900s trying to take down the KKK. Seemingly it's the 15th installment in the series, but it's the first one I've read.

I'm almost finished this, and I'm enjoying it a lot. I've been up until 2am the last three nights reading it cos I can't put it down. Next up:

Grunge Is Dead: The Oral History of Seattle Rock Music - Greg Prato: Amazon.co.uk

Gonna start John Ajvide Lindqvist's 'Handling The Undead'. Read 'Let The Right One In' a while back and thought it was pretty astounding, so here's hoping this is too.

I like the bit in the blurb that says, "David always knew his wife was far too good for him. But he never knew how lost he'd be without her until tonight when her car hit an elk."