aberdeen-music

The Hub: opinions

Mr Owl PhD

Take your own lunch you bunch of lazy students. It takes two minutes to slap some marge/butter and some ham/whatever on a couple of slices of brown or white. Its a shit load cheaper as well. Christ students don't even know how to be students these days :p

I do that most days, but then i do the same for work at weekend and i end up getting sick of sandwiches.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sandwiches from Zeste are still good, and I think they have them in the Hub. It is a nice place, but I agree with the point about having your hair cut whilst avid coffee drinkers watch intently. It's not as if I get my hair cut, but no thanks.

And is there any need for about 6 restaurants on the 1st floor? HubGrub apparently.

They have taken out the three things I liked the old ref for - the big ass lounge upstars with many sofa's on which to chill, the jukebox and pool tables :(

I would guess the many mini restaurants upstairs are so you can hop into a smaller que to get whatever you specifically want from one place, rather than having to join one massive que with a menu the size of the empire state building

bring back the jukebox with the Meatloaf cd!

(admittedly one reason many may want it removed, but it also had the Stereophonics and Big Country and Idlewild and much more that was most excellent)

David

I go there every night for my dinner (Crombie/Johnstoner) and if I hear: The Pussycat Dicks, the doo. doo-doo-doo folk, Feeder, Snow Patrol or Missy Elliot (the list goes on) I will end my life. I'm actually in the hub right now and they're playing the Pussy bitches!!!!!

Fuck

ps: I got a snap-fax on campus today for 2

Yep, I bought one too, but I say the Snapfaxes are shite this year. No Captain Toms (I was half right) and no pizza hut (Dominos, poor show).

I also went to the Hub for the first time n all. Not bad. Comfy chairs, although I think they're putting their chips behind the Subways. It's dead centre and impossible to miss. Still, I had a nice cup of joe and some banter. :gringo:

It's a damn shame they've put a Subway in there though, The Earl of Sandwich is apparently in talks to open another shop and they'd have made a killing on campus, much better to have unusual, decently priced sandwiches from a local business than glorified junk food from the same company as McDonalds in my opinion.

Hear Hear! Boycott chains.

It really isn't.

The food in the hub is actually quite fine according to friends(apart from fastgrub/hub whatever, which lives up to it's name).

It's also cheaper than Crombie Johnson and the staff are nicer.

maybe im thinking of the other one, the big canteen wher is was like 3/4 quid for a good meal and sum free water too.

And you get a salad bowl

I'm with you on the positive lack of atmosphere. I've only been downstairs but I sat for hours reading and could concentrate much more than I can in the library. There's just enough background noise and the music is at the perfect volume.

The cutesy signs have to go though, they look like the stickers you remove from mirrors when you buy them. Ergh. But ove that the women's loos on the ground floor have got some kind of water damage in them already, there's a massive damp patch going down the wall on one corner. Apparently even £8 million doesn't guarentee you a decent plumber.

*edit*

And I agree with the anti pizza hut thing. ordered from them the other day and the bottom of the box was actually cold. Not room temperature, cold. And they wouldn't give me a refund or vouchers, bastards.