aberdeen-music

The Hub: opinions

Mr Owl PhD

Okay so the Hub's finally open and I just paid my first visit. Some thoughts:

1. It's a bit nearer my office than other places

2. A cup of tea isn't too much of a rip off and came with a nice wafer

3. The shop didn't seem to have very much in it

4. Why would you want to get your hair cut where everyone having a coffee can see you?

5. It seemed a bit too warm to me

6. Lots of the usual indie/ rock suspects on the TV

Anyone else as overwhelmingly excited as I seem to be?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there a bar in there? i thought there was going to be a bar but when i went in i couldn't see one.

not sure about the hairdresser.. =/... the subway will do well though!

I was wondering that too, but one of my friends said he noticed they had various alcoholic drinks available from the coffee place on the ground floor. Handy if you want to knock a few back before those early morning lectures I suppose.

I'd much rather have Zeste the Baguette (despite it's nonsensical name) than Subway.

yeah i wont be going to subway seeing as i'm on atkins and all,ha. i just think it'll be really popular.

is there any sign of snapfaxes yet? either i've been walking around town with my eyes shut or there haven't been any people selling them yet..

yeah i wont be going to subway seeing as i'm on atkins and all,ha. i just think it'll be really popular.

is there any sign of snapfaxes yet? either i've been walking around town with my eyes shut or there haven't been any people selling them yet..

Someone at Captain Toms lead me to believe they weren't happening this year...

Hahaha. My band's been paying with snapfaxes, so I guess it's OK.

The 3 for 2?

Tom's do that deal regardless.

I quite like it.

It's rather clean and quite modern.

The only thing im put off with is how busy it can be especially at 12/1 o clock stage.

My friend went to get his hair cut at HairHub so will see how that went.

The only thing im put off with is how busy it can be especially at 12/1 o clock stage.

Welcome to the horrible world of OTHER PEOPLE. I'm impressed you've avoided them this long though.

There's hardly anywhere to go for lunch on campus. Everywhere is tiny, over priced and with minimal seating, of course the Hub is going to be busy.

It's a damn shame they've put a Subway in there though, The Earl of Sandwich is apparently in talks to open another shop and they'd have made a killing on campus, much better to have unusual, decently priced sandwiches from a local business than glorified junk food from the same company as McDonalds in my opinion.

seemed pretty decent for me. nice and comfy.

a bar would be fucking top notch though, im sure i heard they were having talks regarding a license though, but time will tell.

oh, and for larsen B after Zeste the Baguette, im pleased to report its been identically copied in Grab-it-Grub in the upstairs section of HubGrub. Banging! and a 10" pizzas for £3.00 isnt too bad either, considering it can feed 3 easy.

seemed pretty decent for me. nice and comfy.

a bar would be fucking top notch though, im sure i heard they were having talks regarding a license though, but time will tell.

oh, and for larsen B after Zeste the Baguette, im pleased to report its been identically copied in Grab-it-Grub in the upstairs section of HubGrub. Banging! and a 10" pizzas for 3.00 isnt too bad either, considering it can feed 3 easy.

Yay, it did used to be in there back in the Ref days so i thought it would return there until i read about Subway.

Like Phil, I usually take my own 75p-ish sandwich and fruit. Tastes better too.

I went to lunch in the Hub today but didn't get a right good look round. Didn't seem to be much selection so I stuck to the trustee chicken baguette. Wasn't busy at all but what with the power cut, I think many had headed home.