aberdeen-music

what would you do?

catherine

In my experience it's the 'grunts'. True, making people pay for missing bottles isn't much of a deterent, whoever is nicking them is still getting them dirt cheap. Maybe your manager should just keep a better eye on his staff. Seems that most bars overlook staff giving mates drinks for staff price, but giving them away free is taking the piss a bit.

Bag checks?

It's the most simple and best way to deter thefts, or even get the police involved if they're certain it's getting stolen.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

can we put up a link to the samaritans helpline or something? the citizen's advice bureau? why are half of new threads on the forum idiots asking inane questions that anybody with an iota of common sense could solve themselves? do these people know how to tie their own fucking shoelaces?

can we put up a link to the samaritans helpline or something? the citizen's advice bureau? why are half of new threads on the forum idiots asking inane questions that anybody with an iota of common sense could solve themselves? do these people know how to tie their own fucking shoelaces?

Your cry for help will not go un-noticed here my friend

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/managing_anger.html

Guest spikefae20dj
I agree with those who've suggested just getting a new job - if you're not wanting to really kick up a fuss about it in case you get barred then just find another job pronto, that way you can still go to this club.

Just find a nice old man pub to work in?

yeah dude u can't take shit like that u need to quit or just try telling u'r boss u'r rights:up:

Guest spikefae20dj
I don't understand why people feel legal action is usually an option. It's expensive and takes up a lot of time. Definately not worth it for a petty manager problem.

that's it u don't actually get a lawyer u just kindly remind u'r boss that he's being a cunt and to stop it, obviously not in those words i never said anything about taking legal action:up: We ai'nt living in America where they sue for everything

Guest bluesxman

Is this not the same girl who wanted advice on the crap flatmate whose parents owned the flat she lives(d) in, whose rabbit sprayed urine up the wall and wouldn't let her have folk round to stay?

I wonder how my life would have turned out had I sought advice on every problem which has happened to me on an internet forum......

"Legal deductions from pay

The Employment Rights Act 1996 makes it an offence for employers to make any deduction from a worker's wage unless:

* It is required or authorised under a statutory provision

* It is authorised under a provision in the worker's contract

* It has been agreed in advance in writing by the employee

* It is a genuine over-payment of wages or expenses

* There is a court order, for example, an attachment of earnings

* It is payable to a third party because of a term in the contract or because the worker has given prior written consent

* It is a statutory payment due to a public authority to satisfy any statutory disciplinary proceedings, or made for taking part in a strike or other industrial action.

If the deduction is made because of a term in the worker's contract, the worker must have been shown the term or notified in writing of its effect before the deduction is made."

Wasn't too difficult to find.

Even if you do manage to convince them that the deuction is illegal, I'd still look for another job asap.

1. yes we have a spliiage sheet. this is for drinks that are not accounted for.

if we spill something its ok. this is when they've counted the stock, matched it to the til and it doesnt add up

2. if you dont have optics you use a metal messaure pourer thing. its 25ml shots we use. you dont just guess

3. its the only decent place in ayr. there are only 3 night clubs and the other 2 are dance/ned clubs like the ministry/liquid.

I don't understand why people feel legal action is usually an option. It's expensive and takes up a lot of time. Definately not worth it for a petty manager problem.

Small claims court is a piece of piss though. You pay your own fees (the idea is that you represent yourself) and if you lose, all you lose is the court fee and whatever legal costs you've incurred yourself.

Obviously it's not applicable in this situation, but if it was, it would be definitely the way forward.

Taking money from the staff for doing their job is ridiculous. It's the manager's fault if:

- he doesn't have a tight enough control of his stock

- has a poor recruitment policy (current company excluded of course)

- doesn't know any tricks of the trade to catch out thieves

- his staff aren't trained enough

I would never take the above line with staff. He'll end up with a bar of unhappy faces, bad for business. Even if someone drops a bottle at Snafu (which happens a couple of times a year max), then the business soaks up the cost. Accidents happen. As a result I'd like to think our club is a good place to work = high morale = good for business.

Common fucking sense!