aberdeen-music

'mon Scotland!!!

Shaki

Surely there should be some sort of an investigation because there was some really bad decisions.

There are bad decisions in every game. They don't get investigated.

I thought the ref was alright apart from that awful couple of minutes. It happens, and we deserved to lose so just move on.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are bad decisions in every game. They don't get investigated.

I thought the ref was alright apart from that awful couple of minutes. It happens, and we deserved to lose so just move on.

The ref was a lot worse than that. He was booking our players, yet letting off the Ukrainians with similar challenges. It was the same against France. There is no consistency. And as for all this diving, it's a joke. Everytime someone goes near them they fall over (and these are big strong athletes), yet we pay the price for staying on our feet.

One of my mates reckons there is a conspiracy (I don't agree) that UEFA don't want us to qualify at the expense of the top 3 in our group. Apparently the original refs for our last two matches have been changed last minute too. Seems a bit pie in the sky to me.

Guest DustyDeviada

That England own goal was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

A bit harsh that Gary Neville has an own goal to his name when it was clearly the keeper's fault.

The ref was a lot worse than that. He was booking our players, yet letting off the Ukrainians with similar challenges. It was the same against France. There is no consistency. And as for all this diving, it's a joke. Everytime someone goes near them they fall over (and these are big strong athletes), yet we pay the price for staying on our feet.

Its part of the global game now and it is only us that aren't taking part! Should we continue being honourable and getting cheated out of games or should we join the circus with the rest of the world! I actually respected Drogba for at least being honest about it.

One of my mates reckons there is a conspiracy (I don't agree) that UEFA don't want us to qualify at the expense of the top 3 in our group. Apparently the original refs for our last two matches have been changed last minute too. Seems a bit pie in the sky to me.

It's sooooo obvious! I heard Sepp Blatter has actually put a hit out on Walter Smith. Heard it here first.

If only the entire footballing world weren't against us we could be cream of the crop! :moody:

Gary Neville's own goal is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

aye especially with the borat advert in the background lol.

as for scotland wasnt expecting them to win last night really.

hopefully with elvis suspended big anderson will get a call up, also seve in for fletch.

heres hoping anyway.....

England...

...so Steven Gerrard gets suspended so we decide to try a whole new formation against the toughest team in the group, away, at the stadium where they havent lost in like 40 matches? That was bull shit.

Crouch shouldnt have played because he cant get behind a defense like Croatia, Defoe would have been a much better option. Could have just straight up replaced Gerrard with wright-phillips aswell, keeping the shape.

We deserved to lose, the only time we looked good at all is when all these subsitutions took place and we reverted to a 4-4-2. And this was with like 10mins to go, fuck sake!

...so Steven Gerrard gets suspended so we decide to try a whole new formation against the toughest team in the group, away, at the stadium where they havent lost in like 40 matches? That was bull shit.

Crouch shouldnt have played because he cant get behind a defense like Croatia, Defoe would have been a much better option. Could have just straight up replaced Gerrard with wright-phillips aswell, keeping the shape.

We deserved to lose, the only time we looked good at all is when all these subsitutions took place and we reverted to a 4-4-2. And this was with like 10mins to go, fuck sake!

spot on mr ven hell! mclaren proved he is tactically inept by playing a system the players dont like and havent used on the international stage. i was never in favour of completely axing beckham from the squad either, yes deffo drop him (along with certain other prima donnas) but beckham would be a good option to have on the bench i feel.

i care less and less about the england team anyway when cambridge got an unlikely 87th minute winner at york on tuesday night that stirred my passion for the beautiful game a million times more than what england could ever do.

spot on mr ven hell! mclaren proved he is tactically inept by playing a system the players dont like and havent used on the international stage. i was never in favour of completely axing beckham from the squad either, yes deffo drop him (along with certain other prima donnas) but beckham would be a good option to have on the bench i feel.

i care less and less about the england team anyway when cambridge got an unlikely 87th minute winner at york on tuesday night that stirred my passion for the beautiful game a million times more than what england could ever do.

Is it not a bit unfair to be slaughtering McLaren already? He's only 4 games in and is trying to rebuild a downtrodden squad.

Long may it continue though :laughing:

part of the job of being england boss i'm afraid. i'm certainly not calling for his head at this stage, i still think england have enough in the tank to get out this group mind. if they dont then mclaren has to go for sure.

I suppose that's so. It is a relatively easy group which I think they'd get out of irrespective of the manager. I suppose you have to remember a certain Mr. Vogts that we should have binned long before we did.

I suppose that's so. It is a relatively easy group which I think they'd get out of irrespective of the manager. I suppose you have to remember a certain Mr. Vogts that we should have binned long before we did.

i think its a tougher group than what the 'experts' think it is although compared with the other home nations and republic of ireland on paper it is certainly easier. this is why mclaren is coming under so much flak bacause one point from the last two games is not acceptable and two poor performances to boot. thing is these days your performances are so scrutinized these days, talksport witter on about it for about three days after the game for example!

i was never in favour of completely axing beckham from the squad either, yes deffo drop him (along with certain other prima donnas) but beckham would be a good option to have on the bench i feel.

Dropping Beckham alltogether was the worst move McLaren made - given how Beckham can still nail a free kick and change a game, he's hardly a bad option to have. I predicted at the time of Beckham's dropping that McLaren would be forced eventually to give him a return in the face of England falling apart - and it looks like happening now.