aberdeen-music

'mon Scotland!!!

Shaki

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was incredible. Getting SSC membership earlier in the year has to be the smartest decision i have ever made!!

I've been to Hampden many times for Scotland and Caley games, and i've NEVER seen the place erupt like that when we've scored. People were falling like dominos; i even had an old woman grab me and kiss me on the lips. Lovely.... :down:

Credit to the French fans who could be arsed coming to the game, they stayed after the final whistle with the scotland fans, to take in the songs and atmosphere.

Roll on Wednesday :love:

Perhaps it's a sad testament to my life so far but I've never been happier than I was last night! I don't want to think about qualifying yet, I just want to bathe in this glory for a few days. We have such a solid team at the moment and it is not something we're used to. We are going into Wednesday's game, away to a good eastern European side, with an optimism based on reality - something that was unthinkable a year ago.

France, stick that right up your arse.

Italy, take note.

Ukraine, we're comin to get ya.

Gary Caldwell, I will never again question your involvement in the national team.

Walter Smith, I love you.

Happyshaki

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Calm down, people. It was a jammy 1-0 win and we were negative as hell. We're going to get absolutely fucking murdered in the return match in France and I reckon we used up all our luck yesterday. A draw on Wednesday would be a good result.

Calm down, people. It was a jammy 1-0 win and we were negative as hell. We're going to get absolutely fucking murdered in the return match in France and I reckon we used up all our luck yesterday. A draw on Wednesday would be a good result.

now now, let us enjoy it eh? it may never happen again. :)

Fucking football purists trying to ruin this thread of joy!! It was a great performance when you consider the different strengths of the 2 squads. Of course we rode our luck and played a defensive game but that was always going to be the case. We played the ideal game against a side of their quality - their fluency was eventually broken down by our determination and as they say "we got the break". Hartley and Faddy had good chances from open play too. The way Walter has us organised we won't get murdered by anybody. I agree that a point on Wednesday would be a great result and our feet should remain on the ground. Various other cliches.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Fucking football purists trying to ruin this thread of joy!! It was a great performance when you consider the different strengths of the 2 squads. Of course we rode our luck and played a defensive game but that was always going to be the case. We played the ideal game against a side of their quality - their fluency was eventually broken down by our determination and as they say "we got the break". Hartley and Faddy had good chances from open play too. The way Walter has us organised we won't get murdered by anybody. I agree that a point on Wednesday would be a great result and our feet should remain on the ground. Various other cliches.

I support Dunfermline, so I'm entitled to be a miserable bastard! Terrific result, but how many times have we got carried away and then the wheels come off the wagon big-style? 3 wins out of 3 though, couldn't have asked for more.

I support Dunfermline, so I'm entitled to be a miserable bastard! Terrific result, but how many times have we got carried away and then the wheels come off the wagon big-style? 3 wins out of 3 though, couldn't have asked for more.

I suppose being a Par would take it's toll eventually! ;-)

I know what you're saying and I'd expect to be narrowly beaten in France and Italy with a 9-0-1 formation. I just don't see a possibility of us capitulating against the big boys like we would in the Vogts era. I also think we're looking good to beat the teams we should be beating, which has previously been our big problem. Even if we don't qualify (which we have to appreciate is a massive ask) at least our co-efficient will be boosted and we won't be drawn in a group of death again and can hopefully qualify for the 2010 world cup. Although I'll be 29 by then I'm not ruling out a call up - I'm just a late bloomer like Hartley!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I know what you're saying and I'd expect to be narrowly beaten in France and Italy with a 9-0-1 formation. I just don't see a possibility of us capitulating against the big boys like we would in the Vogts era. I also think we're looking good to beat the teams we should be beating, which has previously been our big problem. Even if we don't qualify (which we have to appreciate is a massive ask) at least our co-efficient will be boosted and we won't be drawn in a group of death again and can hopefully qualify for the 2010 world cup. Although I'll be 29 by then I'm not ruling out a call up - I'm just a late bloomer like Hartley!

Good points, you know your stuff. You're probably right, I doubt we'll get anything from the away games against France and Italy, and we still have to see what Georgia are made of. Lithuania can't be written off either, I noticed the mighty Skerla got their winner against the puffin-scoffers yesterday. I reckon the best we can realistically hope for is a draw on Wednesday and take it from there. You never know, the other teams could nick points off each other and that could let us sneak through. Fuck, it's me getting carried away now. We've actually got a good national team, which we haven't really had since Jock Stein.

Guest bluesxman

I actually thought Scotland played pretty well, certainly a step up from the usual headless chicken style I've become used to. Didn't resort to the old punt the ball up the park tactic too often either.

Don't slag the defensive formation and tactics we adopted. Against Henry, Ribery, Malouda, Trezeguet etc, there's just no point leaving gaps at the back and conceding soft goals because we wanted to "have a go".

Seems to me that Walter's organisational skills have eradicated a lot of the stupid mistakes which were a feature of the Berti era. Less fannying about in the box + less careless defensive errors = P 3, W3, F9, A1.

I reckon another 16 points will be enough to get us to the Euros. Possible, but still implausible.

AKM

4hksvw5.jpg

brilliant.

25 a ticket? Mine was 33......

What a fucking night - people didn't even begin to leave Hampden till about 10 mins after the match (that's the first time I've ever sung along to Status Quo!!). Leaving was made all the sweeter by the fact my seat was right next to the French end and they looked gutted!!

Magic, just magic!

as for wednesday..... it's a toughie. Personally, I'd be happy with the draw.

After trying about 6 pubs... we ended up in the forum for the match.

The place went absolutely nuts when Scotland scored, i've never been covered by so much beer in my life.

Was everywhere!

Great day out.

I was in simpson's hotel on queens road. Polite smattering of applause for the goal. Very refined :-)