aberdeen-music

'mon Scotland!!!

Shaki

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada
at least Anderson will get a game now...

Ha! Exactly what I thought when "Elvis" got sent off. Although Walter Smith will probably bring somebody else into the squad and play them instead.

Lets face facts though, we would have been happy with 2 points from these games, we got 3, so good work. Even if we don't qualify, our ranking will go up and we hopefully won't end up in groups like this again.

we hopefully won't end up in groups like this again.

but most of the teams int he group had a better ranking than us, yet they still ended up in it. There's always a shitty group and we just happened to end up in it.

We could have just as likely got a piss easy group like England did...

Not according to the bbc, they've got it wrong, but i'll go by it for now (looks nicer)

European Championship Qualifying : Group B Table

P W D L F A GD PTS

1 Scotland 4 3 0 1 9 3 6 9

2 France 4 3 0 1 11 2 9 9

3 Italy 4 2 1 1 7 5 2 7

4 Ukraine 3 2 0 1 5 4 1 6

5 Lithuania 3 1 1 1 3 3 0 4

6 Georgia 4 1 0 3 9 9 0 3

7 Faroe Islands 4 0 0 4 0 18 -18 0

england totally hopeless, i can't believe the ever incompetant FA replaced one muppet with another! (albeit a cheaper muppet). i really dont care for the england national team anymore and havent really since the world cup in 1998. a bunch of over paid divas who clearly arent as good as what the media portrays them to be.

i like seeing teams like scotland and northern ireland doing well, i suppose it comes from supporting a small club meself....

Not according to the bbc, they've got it wrong, but i'll go by it for now (looks nicer)

European Championship Qualifying : Group B Table

P W D L F A GD PTS

1 Scotland 4 3 0 1 9 3 6 9

2 France 4 3 0 1 11 2 9 9

3 Italy 4 2 1 1 7 5 2 7

4 Ukraine 3 2 0 1 5 4 1 6

5 Lithuania 3 1 1 1 3 3 0 4

6 Georgia 4 1 0 3 9 9 0 3

7 Faroe Islands 4 0 0 4 0 18 -18 0

BBC News 24 had them as 1st. And that table is wrong because France have a better GD than us.

Beaten away from home by the better team. Canna complain with what we've done so far. If Miller had stuck that away it would have been a different story but hey, I'm not too despondant. No way a red card or penalty and I think the ref's had a howler just a we were coming back into it but the 70 mins before that we didn't deserve it. There wasn't any fluency about our game tonight. I really hope we beat those fuckers at Hampden with "Sheva" getting snapped early on.

There's no fluency about my typing either.

I'm pisht.

had to laugh at the second england goal! even funnier was gary linekar's comment on match of the day 'well gary neville finally scores for england'

mclaren is hopeless, his post match comments were a joke. sterling performance from scotland but ukraine did deserve the victory despite the very dodgy refereeing.

the ref had a fine match up till the sending off.

i'm not too annoyed we lost, we were outplayed by a stronger team away from home and as someone else pointed out our gameplan was to get 2 points from these games and we've come away with 3 so we're still looking good.

one thing i didn't understand is smith's reluctance to use his subs. the scotland players were looking frustrated and tired so surely it would have been worth chucking his other two subs on a bit earlier. ach well.

We sat far too deep the entire match and basically willed them to score. We looked far better once they scored and put them under a fair bit o pressure.

Schevchenko is also a cheating bastard. There is no way it was a penalty, nor was it a sending off. And several other Ukraine players were diving all over the shop.

I thought the ref was pretty poor overall, as was the ref against the French last weekend.

Not too many complaints though, we were well beaten. I just wish we had tried a bit harder instead of sitting back.

And I agree that smith should use his subs more.

Could have been worse, we could have scored a comedy own goal.

We sat far too deep the entire match and basically willed them to score. We looked far better once they scored and put them under a fair bit o pressure.

Schevchenko is also a cheating bastard. There is no way it was a penalty, nor was it a sending off. And several other Ukraine players were diving all over the shop.

I thought the ref was pretty poor overall, as was the ref against the French last weekend.

Not too many complaints though, we were well beaten. I just wish we had tried a bit harder instead of sitting back.

And I agree that smith should use his subs more.

Could have been worse, we could have scored a comedy own goal.

Surely there should be some sort of an investigation because there was some really bad decisions.