aberdeen-music

Draconian VS. Richards

B.E. I've had three tattoos done previously at Richards, one by Richard and two by Jimmy (who did the wings this time round). As previously there's no sense of welcome which can be offputting. I subscribe to Bizarre magazine and last month there was a write-up on Draconian on George Street so I thought I'd go and get it done there. Unfortunately they were quoting a booking nearer the end of the year! I told them that I wanted it done soonest and that I was only giving them a try because of the write-up and to give them credit they did say if I was going to get this done then they recommended Richards. All-in-all I've never had a bad tattoo at Richards (although none of them have been intricate).

As mentioned previously I'm getting the shading done next time home so we'll see how it looks then. I've tried to add my photo onto the bottom of this reply 'cos I didn't know how to do it previously (fingers crossed) - cheers the Zigster

TattooExtention.jpg

My parents went abroad recently and my Dad had a tattoo done there on his arm which was pretty good quality. They were chatting and he mentioned that I'm in Aberdeen and into tattoos and the guy actually recommended Richard's down at the docks because he trained Richard!

I don't think I would go there now after what you guys have said about him, the tat artsists back home are cocks, they are really rude and their language is degrading and absolutely foul, even for me, and I swear like a good 'un! I hated being in their company and I am sure they over charged me just because I was a young female. I do love the tats they've done though.

Ash (Retro Rebels) is really good at colour work, he did a lovely cover up on my shoulder that everyone makes cool comments about and I love it to bits. He's such a sweet guy too, quite quiet and polite. I enjoyed being tattoo's by him. He even did a touch up of another tat (wasn't originally his) at the same time as my cover up for free!

I've not been to Draconian, mainly because I can't find the place!!!!! I've been all the way up George street and not seen it...

If anyone goes to Edinburgh and is looking for a new tattoo, try Tribe, one of the stores is on Cockburn Street below the clothibng shop cookie. There's a guy there called Erik and he is amazing at black work. I have three done by him and I love them all, my bf has one by him and another done by a woman who works there (who apparently has a rep for being a bit rough, but the bf says she was gentle) and she's really good too.

Personally I prefer to put the care of my body in the hands of someone who is friendly, I couldn't trust someone who is being rude to me, I'd be paranoid that he'd cock up cos he thinks I'm a twat or is having a bad day....

it shouldn't matter if he's the best (richard) if he's a complete prick. you don't like him, go to stixx. as for retro rebels for piercing and tattoos. I havn't seen one good tattoo from Ash and im afraid im being serious there. For example, my mate noble got his done there and he's went over the lines a few times. also met a guy in a pub with a tribal thing done is arm, completly fucked. and there's been a few more.

As for piercing. Daryl knows his shit, he's good. Michelle is not. Girlfriend's had two peircings from her. She scraped the inside of her ear trying to get the clamp in for one and the other one if so fucked up it's unreal. However every other one she's had (12 or so) from Daryl have been brilliant quality.

You're right about the piercings! I LOVE Daryl, he makes you feel so welcome, and he's amazingly friendly and chatty and his piercings are always TOP! My boyf got a forward piercing done by Michelle and he's had no problems with it, and also the placement is pretty cool. I think she did really well with that one!

Re: Ashes tattoo's, I have one that is amazing! It's the only one he's done on me, and it is amazing, the colour is vibrant, the shape is perfect, it's just ... perfect! But I have heard a few people saying that he's not good.

Moral of this post: There's always one .... lol

Stix is defo the best in aberdeen, especially so if your into black and grey.

He has done all my tatts and all are the shit. Super nice guy, bought me pizza when i have had 4hrs+ sittings. Welcoming and all at Draconian are really freindly and have some quality storys.

Gives me good prices and can do what noone else for miles can do.

Paul Booth back, oriental leg, and Milosch half soon to be full sleeve.

The work i have seen from ritchards is also good but for me, Draconian all the way.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there dudes! Stage 1 done with the shading and it's looking the biz!!! I'll give it a week to calm down then go back in and get the second wing shaded in which'll finish off this particular tattoo ( or will it? ). Would luv some feedback ( sensible plse ), for what else I could have done to compliment the wings? - cheers fae the Zigster

HalfWingin3D.jpg

:love: Zig, your wings are steaming hot baby. I think once you've had them shaded you should leave them for a while, over complicating them might ruin a perfectly stunning design.

I've never had a tattoo done up here, I got one on my wrist in Liverpool but it's fairly small and a bit feeble. I plan to get one on the back of my neck sometime soon, and I was going to go back to the same guy who did my first one but I might give one of the studios up here a bash after this.

• 3 weeks later...

F.C.

thanks for the comments/advice and on reflection I think you're right, I should let things settle down and see how we get on from there. Best of luck with your tattoo and do post a pic when you get it done. I've included a completed wings pic ( the tattoo was only finished a week ago ). Apparently it'll fade slightly in the next few weeks then that should be it.

cheers fae the Zigster

3DWingsTattoo.jpg

This was my last one done by stix at Drac.

IMG_0062.JPGIve also had a my left arm done by him and he is away top start on my right arm at the end of July. He also done a cool fairy on my missus ass. Check out the rest of my tatt pic's on my images. (All done by Stix)!

B. Nice tattoos on you & your missus! How long did the one on your left arm take to complete? Don't know how Freud would interpret this but working offshore as I am at present we have doughnuts on offer every night. Last night I ate a doughnut, something I haven't done in over two years - spooky eh!

B. Nice tattoos on you & your missus! How long did the one on your left arm take to complete? Don't know how Freud would interpret this but working offshore as I am at present we have doughnuts on offer every night. Last night I ate a doughnut, something I haven't done in over two years - spooky eh!

My Arm took about 14 months from start to finish, although i was working adhoc offshore at the time so i canceled a few appointments!!

I got a wrap around tribal round my lower left arm from richards. He wasnt a dick at all, was pretty nice to talk to. When i showed him the design i wanted he came up with a better way to lay it out on my arm (wrap around). Hell he even asked if i wanted my other bad tattoo repaired and drew up a few things we could do with it. Id recommend him :up:

J.R. Loved the tats! Is Catwoman on your arm or your leg? Where did you get them done and how long did they take?

Catwoman is on my arm as part of of on-going work on a Batman sleeve. Bats himself looks like this:

l_471e7f6db013a7ea23f3b3ca1c18a935.jpg

Got alla my tats done at Richards, got a flaming eightball on my oother arm and a sort of devil-girl thing.

• 6 months later...

draconians vs richards

ive had tattoos from both establishments and i find all the tattoists to be good if not great at their work. im getting a sleeve done by jimmy at richards and the more time i spend with the guy the more pleasing he becomes, ur not there to get pussy footed around your gonna be in pain and thats something u have to attain to when u go there, anywhere. i find the walk in great, u get there early and they fit u in first....if u want it that bad then u just turn up. richards work is amazing, he might be e grumpy twat but as an artist so wud i if i had kids coming in wanting stars on their wrists and chinese symbols put on em! they are artists, go in with a decent peice and u may see a diffrence.

brenna the peircest is great, but id go to john at retro rebels.

all in all they are both great studios...............man up......nae nursery rhymes when getting inked ok. bite down and relax. dry yer eyes

ive had tattoos from both establishments and i find all the tattoists to be good if not great at their work. im getting a sleeve done by jimmy at richards and the more time i spend with the guy the more pleasing he becomes, ur not there to get pussy footed around your gonna be in pain and thats something u have to attain to when u go there, anywhere. i find the walk in great, u get there early and they fit u in first....if u want it that bad then u just turn up. richards work is amazing, he might be e grumpy twat but as an artist so wud i if i had kids coming in wanting stars on their wrists and chinese symbols put on em! they are artists, go in with a decent peice and u may see a diffrence.

brenna the peircest is great, but id go to john at retro rebels.

all in all they are both great studios...............man up......nae nursery rhymes when getting inked ok. bite down and relax. dry yer eyes

Disagree with virtually every word of that. No other business would get away with being such a cunt to their customers. I dunno how he stays in business, as virtually everybody I know who's been inked there has complained either about him being a wanker or getting shoddy work done. If I went into a shop, or a hairdressers, and got a mouthful of shit from some jumped-up arsehole with a superiority complex, nae chance I'd be going back to that shop or hairdressers. Which is the very same reason I'll never go back to Richards.

• 3 months later...

I still don't know where to go...

I still dont know where to go! I have checked out Studio 13 in Edinburgh and it looks pretty dam good! My girlfriend is booked in next week at a place called Love hate Tattoo also in Edinburgh, so will see how that goes. I'm not sure about Richard's because as this will be my first tattoo I would like to be comfortable and not have a prick in my face doing my first tattoo! At least thats the impression I'm getting! This is the Tattoo I want, will change the numbers on the cards for my year of birth... but apart from that I want it EXACTLY like that.

http://www.metallicaworld.co.uk/images/tattoos/james2

If anyone has any other suggestions for other tattoo places give me a shout!!

SB

ctrl-Motion Photography: Welcome

Guest davetherave

Tats

I had a large Dragon done on my back by Draconian a few years ago, it looks as good now as it did originally (wish I could say the same for me). Very little fading and I'm still pleased with the way it looks, if their service and artwork is as good now as it was then, I would highly recommend them.

:up:

• 4 months later...

Could anyone advise me as to how much this would cost and where the best place to get it done would be?? Also, do I need to get a template or anything of it or would a photo suffice?

Its the heart tribal design on Anthony Kiedis arm.

Here is a picture followed by the closest thing I can find to a way of showing the whole thing.

tattoohm5.png

tattooii0.png

• 2 weeks later...
Dianne, any chance of submitting pics of your tats? or your tattoos if you wish - boom, boom! By the way, those blinds went out of fashion yonks ago ..................................

never come on here so only just noticed this, oops. will gather together the photos i have and post them tonight or tomorrow. btw, since my last post, i've had 2 tattoos done by richard. he's not as bad as everyone makes out.