aberdeen-music

Draconian VS. Richards

Just joined the forum and saw this thread...

Im a big Richards fan-have 1 from him and 1 from Jimmy but plan on a fair few more...I read alot of tattoo mags and they speak very highly of him and he is also regularly winning awards despite not attending many conventions himself.

A couple of my friends have a lot of work from Draconian...2 full sleeves, chest piece etc and the results are VERY mixed. Some are very good but some very bad!

Fair enough Richards can be quite grumpy and the studio layout doesnt lend itself well to a warm layout...BUT Id rather sit in silence and come away with a better piece than talk all the way through my session whilst Stix's mum brings me cups of tea and worry about the potential disaster of my tatt!

Word my brotha from anotha motha!

From the Collins dictionary :

professional

ADJ

1 of a profession

2 taking part in an activity, such as sport or music, as a means of livelihood

3 displaying a high level of competence or skill ?

a professional and polished performance

4 undertaken or performed by people who are paid ?

professional golf

N

a professional person

There are many, many careers that do not involve an apprenticeship. Does that mean that those people are not professionals...?

Well said that man... You tell em Rob:up:

The, smallish and tricky, text I have on my fore arm from one of the RR guys is perfect and better than I can write with a pen. Clearly not a professional?o_O

• 4 weeks later...

Aberdeen tattooists

Over many years i have spent a lot of time and money in richards.i have had most of my work done by a skinhead called london.who used to work for him.only got acouple from the man himself.he is well named.dick!!!!! Been going to draconian for my last four sittings.they are worlds apart as in service quality and just decent blokes to deal with.wouldnt go back to richards if he was doing tats for free

• 1 month later...

I want to get a tattoo in the next few months. Probably around June.

Tattooheart.jpg

Thats what I want done. Any idea on costs and pain? :D. I haven't had one before! Also where should I go, Draconians or Richards? Is Richard THAT bad?

My flatmate got this from Richard last week and he said Richard is a total cock lol.

n756653735_1541768_7561.jpg

Anyway, where to go. Draconians or Richards?

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Just thought I'd say, I got a tattoo done at Richards and he was quite short with me during, but I wouldn't call him rude or even a dickhead.

He was perfectly nice afterwards and to be honest, I'd rather he just concentrated on the task at hand. Very pleased with the results.

• 2 weeks later...

Paul Slifer at Red Hot And Blue is doing my arm, and he is just awesome.

His work is unbelievable. He managed to do a piece on my arm, going from wrist to elbow on my inner forearm in 2 hours. That was linework, shading and colouring.

Couldn't recommend him enough.

His work is unbelievable. He managed to do a piece on my arm, going from wrist to elbow on my inner forearm in 2 hours. That was linework, shading and colouring.

where's red hot and blue? it's really hard to pick a tattoo place. we've been looking for ages and can't decide. kinda siding with retro rebels just now but still not sure. it's only a small line piece though so can't go that wrong(i hope).

Yeah he is really good. Him and Richard seem to be 2 of the most regognised artists in Scotland. Im not really into old school like he does but really keen to get something from Sarah and Red Hot and Blue.

where's red hot and blue? it's really hard to pick a tattoo place. we've been looking for ages and can't decide. kinda siding with retro rebels just now but still not sure. it's only a small line piece though so can't go that wrong(i hope).

I just did a quick search and it appears to be in Edinburgh.

but the thing is people can go wrong with line pieces. You have to make sure you get exactly what you want, to the standard that you want it.

I'd probably suggest Richard's...

but the thing is people can go wrong with line pieces. You have to make sure you get exactly what you want, to the standard that you want it.

I'd probably suggest Richard's...

ah well. got an appointment with lee at retro rebels for next week. we'll see how it goes!

I've been singing Paul's praises since he did my left arm a few years back, I went back last year to get the tattoo on my right arm done and I'll definitely be going to him for my back piece. Quality guy, really, really friendly and a stonking great tattoo artist.

That's pretty sweet dude, I have been wanting to get my foot done by Paul, just a matter of booking myself in with him, and finding the time, but Paul does some amazing work! If you like him, check out Uncle Allan, I got a half sleeve done by him, he's wickedly amazing artist and a super rad dude!

onkelallan.blogspot.com