aberdeen-music

Draconian VS. Richards

As a veteran of 14 tattoos, I can say that both Richards and Draconians have given the same quality of work. However, like has been said before, Richards attitude was a disgrace.

I once went in there wanting a full back-piece. I appreciate he couldn't just fit me in that day so I said that I'd be there first thing in the morning the next day and I'd give 100% deposit for the tattoo if he keeps the first slot open for me. He just said 'No mate, we don't do bookings, you'll just have to turn up and hope no-one's there before you."

Needless to say I didn't get it done there.

Guest Neutral
As a veteran of 14 tattoos, I can say that both Richards and Draconians have given the same quality of work. However, like has been said before, Richards attitude was a disgrace.

I once went in there wanting a full back-piece. I appreciate he couldn't just fit me in that day so I said that I'd be there first thing in the morning the next day and I'd give 100% deposit for the tattoo if he keeps the first slot open for me. He just said 'No mate, we don't do bookings, you'll just have to turn up and hope no-one's there before you."

Needless to say I didn't get it done there.

So he says he doesnt do bookings and thats a disgrace to you? WTF

his attitude is pretty poor. i got one done there by him, one by kev at tribe 2 in glasgow and one by rob at tribe 1 in edinburgh. kev is the boy and i'll absolutely be going there again. he's a lovely guy, takes real pride in his work and is well worth a shout. tribe aren't cheap, but you're getting inked so you want it done right!

/x

I've had 2 by Kev at Draconian and 1 by Richard. Both are the very high quality, Richard's was cheaper, and although Kev was a lot nicer, I didn't experience any of the problems that other people have had with Richard's attitude. He just didn't chat, but that's not really any skin off my nose. Have heard very good things about Kev at Tribe 2, so I might give him a go for my next one.

I got my first tat at richards, not much wrong with it, just the experiance wasnt very pleasant, putting it in other words, the boys a prick!

All the rest of my tats have been done by Stix at Drac, and i have to say artwork aside, it is just a much friendlier place, maybe because ive been there consistanlty for the past three years ( a year for my arm, 6 months for my back etc) time to get quite friendly with all of them there.

Oh hold on Kev at Drac done my Biohazard tattoo, which was my second tattoo, first one there!!

So Draconian all the way!!

it shouldn't matter if he's the best (richard) if he's a complete prick. you don't like him, go to stixx. as for retro rebels for piercing and tattoos. I havn't seen one good tattoo from Ash and im afraid im being serious there. For example, my mate noble got his done there and he's went over the lines a few times. also met a guy in a pub with a tribal thing done is arm, completly fucked. and there's been a few more.

As for piercing. Daryl knows his shit, he's good. Michelle is not. Girlfriend's had two peircings from her. She scraped the inside of her ear trying to get the clamp in for one and the other one if so fucked up it's unreal. However every other one she's had (12 or so) from Daryl have been brilliant quality.

i have to disagree there greg, i've had piercings done by both daryl and michelle, and both are amazing at what they do. though i would be inclined to say daryl is the best piercer in aberdeen by far, his knowledge of all things body modification and not just piercings is second to none. I have quite a few more piercing splanned inclluding a few surface ones and i will definatley be going to daryl for them.

• 1 month later...

Draconian vs Richards

Hi there!

I've had three tattoos done @ Richards, two of them by Richard himself the other by a male co-worker. Not the friendliest atmosphere but the results were good. On Thursday 5th April I'll be up @ Draconian looking to get angel wings done on the full length of my back ( as long as the cost isn't prohibitive ). This'll be my first time @ Draconian but everyone's input in the forum has helped me drag myself away from the only thing I know that works which is Richards. I was going to post a picture of my tattoos but I think I have to subscribe(?) first. All going well I'll tell you how I got on @ Draconian so wish me well - cheers easy - the Zigster

Hi there!

I've had three tattoos done @ Richards, two of them by Richard himself the other by a male co-worker. Not the friendliest atmosphere but the results were good. On Thursday 5th April I'll be up @ Draconian looking to get angel wings done on the full length of my back ( as long as the cost isn't prohibitive ). This'll be my first time @ Draconian but everyone's input in the forum has helped me drag myself away from the only thing I know that works which is Richards. I was going to post a picture of my tattoos but I think I have to subscribe(?) first. All going well I'll tell you how I got on @ Draconian so wish me well - cheers easy - the Zigster

Hey Zigster. You don't need to subscribe, upload your photos into Photobucket or some other hosting site, then click on that funny little yeloow icon that looks like mountains and paste in the address. Et voila! The world can see your inky goodness.

B.E (owner of one badly done Richard's tattoo (and one good one))

Anyone see the new issue of Bizarre? Draconian got a mention in their 'Weird UK' feature about the best tattoists and so on.

Dunno if it was self or customer nominated, but good to see some local stuff mentioned.

when i was in draconian in february stixx was telling me they were going to be in bizarre mag. it was in the pipeline at the time. dont know if it came off or not. some article on the top 100 tattoo parlours in Britain.

when i was in draconian in february stixx was telling me they were going to be in bizarre mag. it was in the pipeline at the time. dont know if it came off or not. some article on the top 100 tattoo parlours in Britain.

I had a piercing done by Michelle a few years ago and it was fine, she was really good, talked me through everything, and overall i was really happy with the result and the service.

I had one done in Presents a few years ago, the guy there was a bit of a dick.

Aye, it's a feature on where to find S&M type stuff, burlesque shows, tattoo and piercing places, ghosts, dogging sites and so on. Obedience School's in there too :up:

Looks very good in the pic, most colourful :)

I meant to ask earlier in the thread if anyone had any slightly out of town preference like Glasgow or Edinburgh tattoo artists.

I heartily recommend Jeff from Studio 13 in Edinburgh. He's really friendly, laid back and super quick. Plus he listens to awesome tunes while he's working. I also had a tattoo done at Draconian. All the staff were friendly and the work was done quickly but it's looking a bit blotchy now. I'll have to get it touched up.

• 3 weeks later...

Draconian vs Richards

Hi there peoploids!

Well I went into Draconian to ask about a set of wings for my back and they were quoting near the end of the year to get booked in. I tried Richards and they said they could do it the next day! This link takes you to the first one I had done ....

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/galleries/files/7/4/6/9/BlackandWhiteWings.JPG

This next link takes you to the extensions I had done ( you can see the redness ) ....

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/galleries/files/7/4/6/9/TattooExtention.jpg

I think it was a wise move to have it extended. In about four weeks time I'll go in for some shading to finish it off which'll take about two hours on each wing. Once I get that done I'll fire off another reply. Co-incidentally there was a girl getting angel wings done around the same time as me so if she's part of the community - get yer tats oot and gies a look!!!

cheers fae the Zigster